• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Adam – Official Trailer

Doom85

He cast himself. It's his movie. He's been working to get this made for YEARS.

He even asked fans if they’d rather he play Shazam or Black Adam. Thankfully fans went with the latter. I like Dwayne but I don’t think he would have fit Shazam, and Zachary Levi was a much better fit.

HoodWinked

Looks generic as fuck, it's kind of like the Rock is just making different media variations of himself.

Young Rock
The Rock
Dwayne Johnson (ballers)
Superhero Rock (black adam)

kunonabi

Brosnan looks great but eh to everybody else. Rock has the physique but this looks like one of his weaker performances.

RavageX

Shouldn't Black Adam have hair?

Also...I thought his ears were supposed to be pointed or was I imagining that?

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
This looks to be very loosely based on the 2000's Justice Society with a splash of 52 (I see Adrianna Tomaz and what appears to be Intergang). I hope the tone of the trailer isn't what they're going for in the film. Black Adam shouldn't be a Marvel-esque romp in my opinion. It doesn't need to be grimdark either, but uhh, just not that.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

They have a good cinematographer. It also appears I was correct about something, that as the movie goes on and Adam softens, the grime covering the golden parts of his costume wears away.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The second trailer dropped. Doesn't add much. A little more action, Amanda Waller, and some villain that looks like a demon.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont know anything about Black Adam, but skimming Google, is he a good guy or a bad guy? I find it hard to believe theyd make a superhero movie with the Rock about a villain.

So in the movie, he plays a good guy character?

Doom85

Might give it a try for Pierce.

Whoa, didn’t know this was crossing over with Community!

Happy Chevy Chase GIF

But yeah, Pierce Brosnan seems like a great choice for Dr. Fate. I don’t know if this movie will be good, I just am looking forward to the live action debut of Fate, Hawkman, and Atom, hopefully they’re handled at least decently.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm guessing the original cut had him ripping a person in half like the comics. One of the most shocking scenes in the comic series 52. Or straight up decimating helpless politicians and soldiers like he did in the comics. Dude straight squished people in the JSA and related comics. And knowing that Johnson was a big fan of those comics, I can only assume they tried to sneak some in before the MPAA was like "dude, you can't have a comic book movie where you rip people apart and smash them into jelly. Ease up homie".

Or hell, even in Infinite Crisis, the scene with Psycho Pirate. He did what every reader knew someone should have done to him a long time ago. "No more silly faces".

IzsW56N.png

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Maybe we get an R-rated director’s cut? Now I really want to see that violence.
I'm kinda curious to see what level of violence, alone without the F-bomb or nudity, would even get you an R these days. I feel like the amount of gore and violence considered "normal" has drastically increased in recent years. Then again, it's also a lot of actions against semi-humanoid aliens, robots, the undead, and the like in PG-13 films so if BA is gibbing humans maybe that was the issue.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Until a certain costume shows up cementing Josstice League in canon. Then The Rock will become a “rat“ and their enemy.
You are so obsessed with anything related to Snyder that I'm starting to think you actually love him. You know, just like a gay who ignore himself is mean to other gay people.
And the best part is that you don't even see it lmao

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

ManaByte

Gold Member
You are so obsessed with anything related to Snyder that I'm starting to think you actually love him. You know, just like a gay who ignore himself is mean to other gay people.
And the best part is that you don't even see it lmao

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
This movie proves that Josstice League is the canon version of JL. Cope.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This movie proves that Josstice League is the canon version of JL. Cope.
Oh ma gad is this Twitter? "cope"...

How am I gonna survive after this revelation dear Lord!

bazinga GIF

Anyway this has nothing to do with what I say and I enjoyed Black Adam despite being a Snyder fan.
But it's going to be okay Manabyte, I'll accept you as you are. It's 2022 after all.

Top Bottom