• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Adam – Official Trailer

qQXrUAf.gif

FunkMiller

Gold Member
sam winchester yawn GIF

Another samey looking superhero movie. Only this time it's one giant ego stroke for The Rock, so forget about it having any kind of significant character development, proper threat, or anything that makes him look anything other than fantastic.

Also I want to see Black Adam vs Superman in live action so don't fail this WB please!!!

Zero chance of this happening, because WB have no idea how to do Superman, and have lost their actor anyway because they nickel and dimed him.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Can’t happen due to The Flash which they’re still stupidly releasing.
Sure The Flash will release (they can't do otherwise) but with everything going on at WB and DC right now, I wouldn't take any bet on what will happen (or not) in the movie.
Zaslav seems like a guy who knows what he is doing so I'm hopeful the DCEU will be sorted out by the end of the year. We will know more at DC Fandome for sure.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'd watch it on HBO, maybe. It looks fine.

My issue with the Rock is just that he's really never once convinced me he's anyone other than the Rock on screen. I've never had a single emotional reaction to him acting. I've never seen a fight scene he's in where I feel he's in danger, or even angry. He's just the Rock, in great shape, smiling and reading his lines. Just not a great actor, even by action actor standards. People like Arnold, Vin Diesel, Henry Cavil, Tom Cruise, even Van Damme have convincing emotions on screen. This will just be special effects spectacle, and really the only hope is that they have a few decent action scenes.

Looks like the director has a background primarily in horror films, but that doesn't mean much these days after how Aquaman turned out.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Aquaman made $1 billion.
It's a well made, successful film. My point was it bears almost no resemblance to the director's previous work. So you really can't assume hardly anything these days when you see these small scale directors get these large super hero movies. It's just mostly producer driven at this point.

Besides the awful music choice I kinda liked it. I'm less cynical about DC than I used to be, their recent output has been pretty great. I'll probably check it out on HBO Max.

It's a well made, successful film. My point was it bears almost no resemblance to the director's previous work. So you really can't assume hardly anything these days when you see these small scale directors get these large super hero movies. It's just mostly producer driven at this point.

Did you expect lots of cars or a spooky doll in Aquaman?

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate is brilliant casting. Otherwise I have no hope of this film being particularly good. Hope I'm wrong.

Draugoth

Gold Member
They always try to make villains into good likeable guys.

I'm still waiting for a super villain movie where the protagonist is the most hideous and unlikeable motherfucker ever.

Billbofet

Maybe I'm just tired of origin stories, but this does nothing at all for me. I'm starting to get fatigued by the Marvel formula as well, but at least now it's rare to have to sit through another boring origin story.
Marvel also seems to take more risks on casting vs. having to head into this with baggage, knowing exactly what I am getting because the Rock is the exact same, perfect character in everything he does. Yawn.
The action also looks like shit, to me, after being a week out from seeing Maverick. I don't think I would even watch this streaming if I didn't have kids.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Can’t happen due to The Flash which they’re still stupidly releasing.

They can't NOT release it. Otherwise there's a film sitting there not making any money. It'd be a loss for them .. a BIG one... And Zaslav isn't the type to skip out on money

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Scorpion King: Resurgence

"Hey guys, remember that REALLY bad guy? well now he'd back, but good, and he was actually the victim so he's just so, so misunderstood"

Bragr

Banned
How long till they dragged every shitty superhero out of the ground? it's gotta be empty soon, right?

I'm not sure the movie industry can take more of the casual fodder.

Tieno

Doesn't really stand out. What's "Blackadam's" shtick? That he's an anti-hero? What's his weakness?

jason10mm

Gold Member
Does half this film take place on Hawkmans planet or something?

And lets be honest, if Tom Cruise were in this he would have done a high altitude jump, let 2 real F-22s fly next to him, and then parachuted to the ground. At least 5 times to get enough takes :p CGI pales in comparison!

TTOOLL

They tried to be funny in two occasions in this trailer and failed miserably. This movie has no soul.

Macattk15

Doesn't really stand out. What's "Blackadam's" shtick? That he's an anti-hero? What's his weakness?

Superman with lightning bolts .... cause DC is unoriginal. Also the same powers as Shazam except Egyptian gods.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Why did they have to cast Dwayne Johnson. He's the same in everything.

Might check this out when it hits streaming.

Top Bottom