• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and You: Navigating the Future of Tech (a NeoGAF discussion thread)

buizel

Banned
Fuck I am famous now! Followers be rolling in yo!

ZMUeYL4.png
Z2J9i9g.png

Last edited:

Ascend

XRP does seem to be making a move again. And AAVE went up a lot. Apparently Mark Cuban invested in it
Market manipulation always happens in a bull market... The price is artificially crashed to scare people and convince them to sell their coins 'cheaply', so the whales can accumulate more.

Just remember that extremely fast price movements, whether up or down, are generally unsustainable. And I emphasize again that this counts for downwards price movements as well, not just upwards ones.
As long as the prices are moving slowly, there's a high chance of the direction continuing for extended periods. When it moves quickly, expect a change in direction on the short term.

The question is what accounts as slow or fast, but that's another discussion for another time.

the founder of dogecoin has called it a joke - said he knows when the market is bullshit(or something along those lines) because thats when doge does well

why do people buy into this garbage - for the lulz obviously

Last edited:

dagZ

the founder of dogecoin has called it a joke - said he knows when the market is bullshit(or something along those lines) because thats when doge does well

because there's a lot of gullible people in this world

Blade2.0

I bought £15 a few days ago and now its worth £14.30. WTF

scam

clearly am trading wrong
it hasn't gone back to below a penny and hovering around 2-4 cents. it's gonna go up again one day. could be 2 years from now, though, but it will go back up.

mxbison

If you can buy something and sell it at double the price a few days later, who cares if it's bullshit or not.

If you can buy something and sell it at double the price a few days later, who cares if it's bullshit or not.
i get that, but the avg investor should care because its not simple to time and make money on coins like this. Its a pyramid scheme where youre only lucky if you can shill it to someone more stupid to buy in higher than yourself, before some whale dumps and takes the dum dums profits.

Also buying into it lends credence to this snake oil coin. Delegitimizes the industry imo.

its a “you do you” obviously. But its damaging and hyper risky

Last edited:

Synless

So what is an established coin that isn't super expensive to jump into (don't say Doge)? I am looking to by a few and just hold on to them over the coming years and see what happens.

I think you missed the affordable piece....
You don't have to purchase a whole bitcoin.

NOT financial advice. If you follow the "buy the dip" mantra, then when alts are pumping you should look at buying bitcoin. Similarly, when bitcoin is pumping you wanna look at buying into alt coins. Chasing pumps can get you rekt. It's gotten me rekt. Not financial advice, I'm not a financial advisor blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah SEC go fuck yourself.

Last edited:

Ascend

So what is an established coin that isn't super expensive to jump into (don't say Doge)? I am looking to by a few and just hold on to them over the coming years and see what happens.
Don't worry about it being expensive or not. Percentage gains remain the same independent of whether the coin's price is high or not.
But if you do want some 'cheap' ones (I don't know what you consider cheap), I'd say Cardano (ADA) and VeChain (VET). If you really like centralization, try Stellar (XLM).

Not financial advice, always do your own due diligence, but, I wouldn't buy coins right at this moment.

//DEVIL//

what is the best settings for 3070 ftw 3 ?

i am using 80% power with 1000+ memory and no changes on the core ( sorry still new to this ). using nicehash as a beginner software.

any other recommended settings ? i don't want to get rejected hash lol

Synless

Don't worry about it being expensive or not. Percentage gains remain the same independent of whether the coin's price is high or not.
But if you do want some 'cheap' ones (I don't know what you consider cheap), I'd say Cardano (ADA) and VeChain (VET). If you really like centralization, try Stellar (XLM).

Not financial advice, always do your own due diligence, but, I wouldn't buy coins right at this moment.
Ok, so because I’m new to this, where is the safest place to buy? I noticed these are not on Robinhood. I know most crypto isn’t.

Ascend

what is the best settings for 3070 ftw 3 ?

i am using 80% power with 1000+ memory and no changes on the core ( sorry still new to this ). using nicehash as a beginner software.

any other recommended settings ? i don't want to get rejected hash lol
Mining is all about power efficiency... So, it's about finding the optimal balance between power consumption and hashrate. Unfortunately, it's hard to give any tips regarding this without owning the card. Generally, it's better to undervolt rather than overclock, unless your electricity is particularly cheap or free. Mining mostly depends on the RAM (depends on algorithm), so generally, dropping the core while maintaining the RAM will give you a similar hashrate at much lower power. On what I find on the internet, some people achieve -50% power, -500 MHz core and 1100+ MHz MEM, giving them 120W of power consumption and 60 MH/s.

Ascend

Ok, so because I’m new to this, where is the safest place to buy? I noticed these are not on Robinhood. I know most crypto isn’t.
I just looked up what Robinhood supports. XLM is there (or should be). I wouldn't recommending buying any of the Bitcoin forks nor Ethereum Classic. The rest are all ok (except maybe XRP). Remember that everything carries risk. I am myself keeping an eye on QTUM. It's one of the coins that barely moved in price compared to others but is still quite active. I bought a few myself.

Again, not financial advice.

Synless

I just looked up what Robinhood supports. XLM is there (or should be). I wouldn't recommending buying any of the Bitcoin forks nor Ethereum Classic. The rest are all ok (except maybe XRP). Remember that everything carries risk. I am myself keeping an eye on QTUM. It's one of the coins that barely moved in price compared to others but is still quite active. I bought a few myself.

Again, not financial advice.
Yeah, no worries on the financial advice stuff. I fully understand all the risks. thanks for the assist, I found what you were talking about, except for cardano and vechain... not sure where to buy those that I feel safe using.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sold my Dogecoins out and profited around $100 from that lol.

Withdrew half my earning then the other half went to ADA. I hear it's doing good. Any feedback regarding ADA?

Ascend

Withdrew half my earning then the other half went to ADA. I hear it's doing good. Any feedback regarding ADA?
ADA has been called the Ethereum killer. And for good reason. But there are multiple coins out there trying to compete with Ethereum. But ADA seems to be a good coin to invest in.

Synless

why do all of these crypto apps need your license and a face scan?

more annoyingly is Binance.US keeps telling me my drivers license is not an accepted I’d type. I’ve tried it multiple times in different lighting. I just want some damn ADA!

Last edited:

Ascend

why do all of these crypto apps need your license and a face scan?

more annoyingly is Binance.US keeps telling me my drivers license is not an accepted I’d type. I’ve tried it multiple times in different lighting. I just want some damn ADA!
So they can tax you, unfortunately. And to prevent money laundering.

I think binance, coinbase, and kraken are considered reputable crypto exchange sites.

Not sure but also I think the trezor site(from the famous hardware wallet seller) might also have a way to buy crypto too.

edit:
I heard a few youtubers promote crypto.com, not sure if they are reputable, but their mco crypto prepaid visa card sounds good to buy bitcoin on the side. You can get 1 or 2% or more crypto cash back(up to 8% cash back if you're willing to stake a ridiculous sum.), crypto i think you can sell and buy bitcoin with on their app.

Last edited:

dagZ

It's not a memecoin anymore. Been trying to tell y'all
it's in every sense of the word a "meme" coin.. there is infinite supply of it.. and people just pump and dump it every day now..

you should do a little reading also.

Last edited:

Myths

Congrats, you played yourself. 😏 Big DOGE checking in. Floor is .0555 FIRM.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I’m worried that Dogecoin will drop suddenly. I dunno but that’s just me.

Anyway I’m just putting a small amount to Cardano. Not going to be super invested in Crypto.

Ascend

I bought ADA back when it was 10 cents. So I have good gains there.
QTUM and ICX are also giving me profits, but not as much, yet.
Even SOL, which I recently said I was gonna buy some, is already giving me some nice profits.

I find it really interesting that no one is talking about ZRX. It had quite a nice run recently. And it looks to be setting up for another one.

WTF is going on with doge
I’m worried that Dogecoin will drop suddenly. I dunno but that’s just me.

Anyway I’m just putting a small amount to Cardano. Not going to be super invested in Crypto.
Doge is at its .618 fib retracement level. And divergence is forming. It is likely to drop again from here.

Edit: Aaaaand just like that, the divergence has been nullified.

Last edited:

Myths

It’s passed .07 .... beautiful returns today. These gains have officially covered my ass on my NOK calls expiring this week.

Last edited:

Mikey Jr.

This is one of those things where to set aside $200, and just spend it on a bunch of cheap coins.

Then your 5 cent coin goes up to 2 dollars or whatever, and you've made a nice profit.

I will ALWAYS regret not buying bitcoin when it was less than a dollar. I remember reading about it when it was so fucking cheap.

Like, I could have spent 10 bucks and bought a lot of them. What would I have lost? $10? Who gives a shit.

And now look. 1 coin is 40k.

Why didn't I do it? I dont understand.

Won't make that mistake again. I'll buy some dog coin for 20 bucks. And some other ones for cheap too and then just hold on to them.

Ascend

We did it boys, broke the .88 high....
Not really... It's holding resistance at the exact previous level... And we reached it on lower volume, i.e. less buyers... Be careful. Sorry for the typo and grammar in the image lol.

2DtefC1.png

Right now, if we drop back to 0.55 and go higher again, we will be forming a rising triangle, which is generally bullish. Wait for the pullback to that level, then buy if it holds. Technically, a drop to the black line (233MA) can still be bullish, because it's already higher than the previous low of 0.025.

Last edited:

Delf

Banned
Why.. why would he do this.

Greed, over confidence... Dude heard a rumor of a 'Dogecoin Commercial' during the Superbowl... like, why run with that outlandish idea.

86k in at... .083

QZDiiol.jpg

What do you do? Eat a giant loss?..or HOLD and pray it moons 🤷🏻‍♂️

I kept telling him, if your gonna go big, make it only go in MAX 10k ever again.. He made 36k since the big run on the 28th. Now is just bleeding it.

Welp, if this shit tanks I'm gonna be getting some OT when he ropes.

Ascend

Why.. why would he do this.

Greed, over confidence... Dude heard a rumor of a 'Dogecoin Commercial' during the Superbowl... like, why run with that outlandish idea.

86k in at... .083

QZDiiol.jpg

What do you do? Eat a giant loss?..or HOLD and pray it moons 🤷🏻‍♂️

I kept telling him, if your gonna go big, make it only go in MAX 10k ever again.. He made 36k since the big run on the 28th. Now is just bleeding it.

Welp, if this shit tanks I'm gonna be getting some OT when he ropes.
17% corrections are nothing in crypto. If someone can't stomach that, they either invested too much or they shouldn't be in crypto at all. Looking at the amount invested, it's definitely too much. Bitcoin dropped over 30% just a few weeks ago... And he bought right at the current top... Not trying to scare anyone, but from bull market tops to bear market bottoms, some coins can literally drop over 99%. This space is not for gambling. You WILL get burned.

Not financial advice, but, what I would do at this point in this situation is hold. On the daily chart, it still looks bullish, even though I don't like the volume.. I would look to break even before anything else. If he doesn't need the money any time soon, chances are that in a couple of months (if not earlier) Dogecoin will break these levels.

Hopefully, this is a lesson. For what it's worth, I am still holding some coins that I bought near the peak of the 2017 bull run. But that was a couple of dollars, mostly two digits, a handful are three digits. Not this.

Edit: This is a relevant video for this situation. Not crypto, but generally, all markets follow the same rules.

Last edited:

Myths

Not really... It's holding resistance at the exact previous level... And we reached it on lower volume, i.e. less buyers... Be careful. Sorry for the typo and grammar in the image lol.

2DtefC1.png

Right now, if we drop back to 0.55 and go higher again, we will be forming a rising triangle, which is generally bullish. Wait for the pullback to that level, then buy if it holds. Technically, a drop to the black line (233MA) can still be bullish, because it's already higher than the previous low of 0.025.
The highest bid placed and executed was above .088, that’s what I’m referring to. TA has nothing to do with anything here. Seems like it will close out the day holding above halfway to .08. Most people in this space are plain and simple looking at what bids it can top out at.

That being said, everyone should proceed with caution worse when it’s been on a bullish run for the past week. That’s meme trading for you though. For me? I’m holding and observing. But I’m just a doge, what would I know?

Edit: Bit more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom