• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good and Evil 20th Anniversary Edition leaked by US ratings board

Ubisoft looks set to release an updated edition of Beyond Good & Evil to coincide with the game’s 20th anniversary this year.
As spotted by Twitter user @MACOS380, the US Entertainment Software Ratings Board has recently classified the unannounced Beyond Good and Evil 20th Anniversary Edition.

The game is listed as coming to PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch.

“This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of a reporter accompanied by a pig-like companion investigating a conspiracy on the planet of Hillys,” reads the product description.

“From a third-person perspective, players explore fantasy locations, take photos of evidence, solve puzzles, and fight robot and alien enemies.”

Tsaki

Really strange to skip X1. They are not even Japanese developers and there are still 57million of these consoles out.

Pretty much all that's needed at this point. That sequel is dead with Ancel gone and never looked like what people wanted to begin with. So really, just preserve the original with easy access and we're good.

Now Ubi can vanish.

JimboJones

Wonder how much it will cost and what improvements they will make, it has been dirt cheap for years on PC although not the best port as I understand, but playable.

Here at Ubisoft we're too incompetent to finish a game that we announced over 10 years ago so we'll just shove a shitty re-release of the first game down your throats!
Even so, it will be nice to have the game on PS and Switch since it's already available on Xbox through BC. Oh and the PC release is very broken at the minute, so a proper modern port will be very welcome as well.

Majormaxxx

I can see it being the pc version at 1080p with fixed wide-screen. Easy money. And a lite premium price. Let's say 30 buckaroos. They are top lazy to make it 4k.

How is the port broken if you don't mind sharing? I finished it on pc just fine.
This is the top review on the Steam page at the minute (there are other reviews like that on the steam product page, btw).

image.png

Also, congrats on your triple post lol!

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I thought it was the 20th Anniversary of the development of BG&E2

Top Bottom