• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2023 Edition | 20th anniversary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh nice, if your see the octagonal poker table I have in one of the other pictures it is exactly the same as this picture just darker finish. It also flips over to become a bumper pool table! People knock it before they play it but once they do they are hooked, so much fun!

Totally missed that, nice one. Also...

raw

TBiddy

Thanks I do tech reviews on my YouTube channel and have had several 4k laser tvs there..there is a UST projector there and that is just an ambient light rejecting screen. It's the BenQ 7050i. I leave the screen there for other projector reviews plus it looks good turned on with the lights and usually display sports on it. Pls find me on instagram at gameroomtheater to see more on it!

Sorry, I don't have instagram.. Way to old for that :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Nice setup though!

SegaManAU

Gold Member

gameroomtheater

Neo Member
Thx man ya, I get hate whenever they share any of my videos, half of my followers on insta are UFC fans so they like seeing the predictions and poles I run. It's too repetitive for non followers but oh well just having fun 😊

Naka86

Neo Member
My recent PSVR2 showcase...anyone playing it? the horizon call of the mountain does give me the feel of nauseous after 30 mins in the game.....

the following is the official dock which had some trouble of docking at the right position at times to charge, the VR headset stand is from kiwi design the spotlight is usb powered warm light
nuf227i.jpg

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Where do you get these sweet butchers block desks? I really want one - possibly an L-shaped one.

Last edited:

Shtef

Where do you get these sweet butchers block desks? I really want one - possibly an L-shaped one.
I had couple of very old wooden door frames which I reused. My friend just glued them together, sand them and put some wood paint.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Looks similar to my set up above and that chair is probably comfier than the one I have :messenger_tears_of_joy: it’s going back to IKEA.

Does everyone here just use office chairs? I want something a bit out of left field but want comfort as well. Poang is too big I think, considering a director chair also.

LostDonkey

Small update, got myself a RTX 4080 (msi suprim x). The thing barely fits in my case with the push pull configuration. Very happy with the performances and the noise level.
X77uZHc.jpg

Nice.

Reminds me of when I had my 7990 and it ending up sagging it was that long.

Reallink

Small update, got myself a RTX 4080 (msi suprim x). The thing barely fits in my case with the push pull configuration. Very happy with the performances and the noise level.
X77uZHc.jpg

Serious question, why in the world would you buy a $1400 4080 when MSRP 4090s are regularly available? I can't imagine $200 means that much to you with a system like this.

Last edited:

zephiross

Serious question, why in the world would you buy a $1400 4080 when MSRP 4090s are regularly available? I can't imagine $200 means that much to you with a system like this.
Cheapest 4090 in France are 1800€ (msrp 1820€), I got this 4080 for 1170€ (msrp 1400€). Moreover, I have a 850w psu that I would have needed to change too if I got a 4090 raising the price even more.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Ok some small update. We got new furniture for the opposite side of the living room (2nd pic) and the shelving unit is free for my use. So I modded it and added + rearranged the shelf.
9mubNmt.jpg

Here is before and after of the opposite wall of the living room and the desk too:
xFIJPFc.jpg

and both before:
AGHqhiB.jpg

skQas4E.jpg

Now... you can see the strategically placed the old 2008 42" bravia on there. This means I will have the reason to move the c1 there and get c3 later this year lol :messenger_sunglasses:
Anyway - I think I did well with new furniture right? It's all a rather small change but the room is much more cozy now. Especially the carpet helps.
Also - I wanted to change my desk since this is quite old and bulky but I've searched through and through and it is hard to find just as sturdy and practical desk to be honest. I could get any standing desk but with only 140cm width, There would always be a leg in place of set of drawers

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
GOptmvy.jpg

My current set up Rog Flow Z13-ACRNM

Kinda like a MS surface but has a 4070 in it. Still have my Ultra wide monitor and might get the 4090 xg mobile down the line to hook back up but scaling shit back (might move soon). Tablet does all I need anyways.

GOptmvy.jpg

My current set up Rog Flow Z13-ACRNM

Kinda like a MS surface but has a 4070 in it. Still have my Ultra wide monitor and might get the 4090 xg mobile down the line to hook back up but scaling shit back (might move soon). Tablet does all I need anyways.
I saw that computer on a Tech Chap video and it's one of the most ugly computers I've ever seen in my entire life.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I saw that computer on a Tech Chap video and it's one of the most ugly computers I've ever seen in my entire life.
To each their own. I liked the look of the normal z13 Flow, kinda like a cyberpunky surface. This one just looks like something out of a Kojima game. The case also improves on the issues I had with last years flow and its the only flow that comes with the best hardware too.

Neilg

I can finally share mine. Still don't have a rug and half the furniture but it's finally where I play games. In a month the room should be totally finished, and decorated properly. Lots of placeholders on the shelves.

Went with the Qn90a, 85inch - didnt do OLED because of the windows. The tv far exceeded what I expected to see during the day, it looks incredible.
It's a ridiculously oversized room and took a fair bit of effort to make it feel well proportioned. We took this wall down to the studs and designed the fireplace & mantel around being able to put an 85 in here - the previous owners had a sad little narrow fireplace with a 55" that went from edge to edge.

PXL-20230422-163213755.jpg

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I can finally share mine. Still don't have a rug and half the furniture but it's finally where I play games. In a month the room should be totally finished, and decorated properly. Lots of placeholders on the shelves.

Went with the Qn90a, 85inch - didnt do OLED because of the windows. The tv far exceeded what I expected to see during the day, it looks incredible.
It's a ridiculously oversized room and took a fair bit of effort to make it feel well proportioned. We took this wall down to the studs and designed the fireplace & mantel around being able to put an 85 in here - the previous owners had a sad little narrow fireplace with a 55" that went from edge to edge.

Very nice!! Love the large ceilings.

AmuroChan

Where do you put the PS5?

my gaming set up (my PC + Switch) hasn't changed in about 5-6 years. I have a desk with my PC and Switch on it. Maybe a new monitor every few years and a different Switch. Most of the changes are what's in my PC.

This was my PC in january when I posted this:

WBGdobD.jpeg

and here it is today:

XoJMxGi.jpg

It looks the same but the only thing I kept between photos is the case, cooler, and GPU. new cpu, motherboard, ram, ssd, psu.

Neilg

Where do you put the PS5?
It's on the right in between the speaker and the plaster.
Could probably do with a little more space, I may put it on its side where the record player is but theres a good 8 inches behind it before the wall - both it and the speaker are pulled forward a lot.
PXL-20230422-183406588.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member

One of the best setups I've seen on here in a long while, very nicely done. I don't normally like TV's above fireplaces but this is a very clean setup. How many sq ft is that house?

Neilg

One of the best setups I've seen on here in a long while, very nicely done. I don't normally like TV's above fireplaces but this is a very clean setup. How many sq ft is that house?

Thanks! It was a lot of work, happy to be done with it. Was a long process - I started on the 3d model and designing it 9 months ago. Demo & construction took 3 months.

I don't like a tv over the fireplace either, there was a lot of fussing around trying to get the right heights and make sure it actually works and doesn't hurt your neck to look at. The fireplace opening is lower than I'd want but it's driving the distances of everything else.
It's 3900 ft - bigger than we need right now but it's our second house and one we plan to stay in forever. Plus we moved from a big city to the suburbs, so even keeping the budget well under what our last 900sqft house sold for, it was actually hard to find something that was modest and not 4500+ with a basement we'd never build out. I could chop 600ft off this house and it would be perfect, but everything we saw in that range had a shit interior layout. Buying early last year was about taking what you can get...

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

I love that you gave the good dog prime seating.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Did you design this entire room just to make the PS5 look small?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom