• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda to be purchased

Kacho

752149.jpg

Hinedorf

Banned
The last great game they made was Skyrim and the last game I actually played was Fallout 4. They've had a steady stream of average FPS games and MMO's all of which I've never played and never will.

IMO trying to profit off of Skyrim as a service was a failure, Fallout 76 is I'm not even sure what to call it, Doom, Rage 2, Wolfenstein........ it's like they're really trying to target that niche late 90's early 2000's group of gamers. A group that now has careers, children, and far better choices in gaming.

Sounds like something Microsoft would do

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Release some of the best selling games ever (elder scrolls, fallout, doom) and drop dead since You are an idiot - Bethesda

tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif

Gonna need a source on this one. Back in the day (not sure if it’s still a rule), you couldn’t post claims without a credible source, or else you got hit with the ban hammer (which was a good rule I believe).

I wasn't aware I could get banned?

Mods, please delete this thread. This was an experiment to see if Gaf > internet > gaf still existed.

This is a tales from my arse, although I believe it will happen, there is no solid proof.

Just avin a larf.

Starfield

What a nice thread of nothing. Watch this video instead:

They're not struggling financally, they are either going to get bought out by some eqiuty firm in the near future (probably after Starfield release) or they going to file IPO.

Also its not Bethesda who will do that its Zenimax, which is the boss. Bethesda, id, Tango Gameworks, etc, theyre all just sub companies

What a nice thread of nothing. Watch this video instead:

They're not struggling financally, they are either going to get bought out by some eqiuty firm in the near future (probably after Starfield release) or they going to file IPO.

Also its not Bethesda who will do that its Zenimax, which is the boss. Bethesda, id, Tango Gameworks, etc, theyre all just sub companies

Zenimax could sell off Bethesda to another company.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I wasn't aware I could get banned?

Mods, please delete this thread. This was an experiment to see if Gaf > internet > gaf still existed.

This is a tales from my arse, although I believe it will happen, there is no solid proof.

Just avin a larf.
giphy.gif

Starfield

I just feel bad for Todd Howard...

He's not a suit who's only interested in sales and moneymoneymoney like all his bosses and higher ceo's at Zenimax/Bethesda. He strikes me as the arty type guy who just wants to create his world and video game. Lately he gets so much shit on that not even Pete Hines can be used as a deflector shield anymore. Him and Pete are the villains now while all the fat assholes over at the executives board should be the ones to be blamed.

Top Bottom