• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best scene/moment in Breaking Bad? (spoilers obviously)

Kev Kev

im sure this topic has been done before but i just finished BCS season 4 and el camino so 🤷‍♂️

whats your favorite scene/moment/image from the original Breaking Bad tv show? its kind of hard to find scenes for breaking bad on youtube for some reason, so you may just have to post a picture and explain.

heres mine, if youve seen the show youll understand why... my personal (rather vanilla) take: heisenberg is walters demons, his past, his lowest instincts, and so much more. but ultimately, he's the villain in the mirror, the man who destroyed everyone and everything in his warpath, and this is the culmination of all that destruction. everything he loved and was fighting for was soiled by alter ego's his greed, lust for revenge and his pathetic, cowardly spite for the world, which mostly stemmed from his own personality faults... and maybe a bit from people who wronged him, but it doesnt make what he did okay.

WW seeing that graffiti was the nail in the coffin.

this was his empire of shit.

he wasnt WW anymore. he was heisneberg. and he would always be heisenberg. he was the villain. not the drug dealers, not tuco, not guss, not hank. it was him all along. he couldn't escape it, and eventually he lost it all... and in a strange way, i think he kind of wanted all of that
cxo3m41g85831.jpg

That thumbnail reminds me of the bullshit thing where videogames have storyline-related writings all over the walls everywhere you look.

DON'T TRUST THEM
FREEDOM COMES AT A COST
Yeah, sorry for the detail OP, but I fucking hate the spray painted rattle can shit they put on walls in video games! As for the topic, I don't remember a specific scene, since I watched it when it came out. But I enjoyed the show. El Camino had no reason to exist though.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I think I initially overreacted to Breaking Bad, like a lot of people, though I do still love it. I just don't get as DUDE DID YOU SEE THAT? as I used to. Didn't help that I was in University.

That being said:

I think I initially overreacted to Breaking Bad, like a lot of people, though I do still love it. I just don't get as DUDE DID YOU SEE THAT? as I used to. Didn't help that I was in University.

That being said:

My favorite scene as well. Although I was already hooked by this point, this episode made me realize that this was something special. That TV programming could actually surpass the storytelling capabilities of cinema.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I don’t even remember the specifics, but I think Walter is being held captive out in the desert, maybe Jesse too, and there is this moment that turns a disabled, mute man in wheelchair, and his bell and ability to tell on them, into the probably the most tense scene ever on television.

I think the bell even plays into the end credits Music , in an almost PTSD-like way.

To me, that encapsulates the most memorable part of BB. Just how crazy the finales and big built-up-to moments would get. Forget must-see television. It was I-can’t-look-away and I-forgot-to-breathe-for-the-last-minute television.

Tesseract

Banned
'i liked it, i was good at it'

far be it from me to judge someone who was stepped on by friends and acquaintances, railroaded by colleagues, taken for granted by close family

impending mortality has a way of sending people past their breaking points

dude embraced his shadow and gave no fucks, it's kinda commendable as we're all careening toward the abyss in some way

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

far be it from me to judge someone who was stepped on by friends and acquaintances, railroaded by colleagues, taken for granted by close family

dude embraced his shadow and gave no fucks, it's kinda commendable as we're all careening toward the abyss in some way
Yeah man. Fuck you Skyler/Flynn.

There are so many incredible scenes in BB, it’s hard to choose. The twins attacking Hank and Hank confronting Walt come to mind. I love Hank, he is my favorite character in the show.

But if I had to pick one scene? It’s “Run”. The intensity was through the roof.

Kev Kev

Is this even a question?

straight up though, this guy was probably the best character in the show. hes so pure and innocent, and looking at his apartment you can see he's very cultured, well put together... he just seemed like he was living his best life. he was the antithesis of walt. all the smarts, kindness and nerdyness, but none of the character faults that landed walt in the position we see him in at the beginning of the series.

people laugh when i say this, but gale was probably my favorite character on the show. and yes, i fucking love that scene bc it shows so much of his character, and the whole show, in just those few minutes. good pick!

To me, that encapsulates the most memorable part of BB. Just how crazy the finales and big built-up-to moments would get. Forget must-see television. It was I-can’t-look-away and I-forgot-to-breathe-for-the-last-minute television.

i have yet to see a tv show before or since that captures me and plasters me to the edge of my seat the way BB did. it really is one of the best, if not the best, tv show ever.

and BCS is just making things better (for me personally ar least). seeing the story that was playing out with gus, mike and saul, and remembering back to the episode where gus kills Eladio and everything pays off, really makes me feel like the gus' story is at the center of this whole affair.

"I did it for me. I liked it... I was good at it. It made me feel alive."

In terms of Walt's character development, one of the most important moments.

this is probably my number 2. it was a "oh fucking finally" moment for me. also like a come to jesus moment too. that surprised look at skylers face when he says that says everything (i really dont think she was that bad of an actor looking back 🤷‍♂️ )

and as crazy as it sounds, even after all his bullshit, that scene still made me feel for WW just a little bit. the dude wasnt a completely bad guy, had a few things gone just a tiny bit different in his life then none of that would have happened. but still, it goes to show we all make our own choices, and we have to live with the consequences. so youd better hope the actions you took were worth the consequences.

im still unsure which side of that walter is on. the way he says "i liked it" almost seems like he doesnt 100% regret it. liek part of him would do it all over he again if he had the choice.
There are so many incredible scenes in BB, it’s hard to choose. The twins attacking Hank and Hank confronting Walt come to mind. I love Hank, he is my favorite character in the show.

But if I had to pick one scene? It’s “Run”. The intensity was through the roof.

good one! that is probably the most "holy shit!" scene in the series.

Kev Kev

For me it's easily this scene. Both performances are absolutely amazing and still give me chills everytime I rewatch it.

ah yes, good one! man, the acting in this show is just top notch. i dunno how they pulled it off, but there are more epic scenes with brilliant acting in them in this show than you see in most movies.

watching walt go from innocent step brother to super villain as the garage closes, you can just see the turn happen in his face. hanks actor was phenomenal as well. good stuff

420bits

So many choices!

Not sure wich one is my fav, i don't think there is "just the one".

But this one sure as hell make me smile!

This on the other hand, didn't make me smile at all. #TeamMike

Also, can't go wrong with the ending,

Kev Kev

This on the other hand, didn't make me smile at all. #TeamMike

walt killing mike may have been the biggest tragedy in the whole damn show. i was so fucking pissed! very happy to get more mike time in BCS. hes an awesome character and a great actor. definitively my favorite character on the show. i said gale earlier, but on second thought, yeah its mike

Last edited:

LordCBH

Honestly the scene where he fully embraces the madness, when he tries to get his family to come with him but they refuse, Skylar pulls the knife, and Jr calls the cops so he just flees with the baby.
A fucked up scene, but damn it’s such a well done scene.

Nymphae

Banned
My jaw drop moment was when Walt watched Jesse's girlfriend die instead of helping her. There were a lot of things he did prior to that which were questionable, but I literally remember doing the jaw wide open shocked face when he did that, that felt like the point of no return.

420bits

walt killing mike may have been the biggest tragedy in the whole damn show. i was so fucking pissed! very happy to get more mike time in BCS. hes an awesome character and a great actor. definitively my favorite character on the show. i said gale earlier, but on second thought, yeah its mike

Gale was great but he aint got shit on Mike! So happy he is such a big part of BCS even though i know how it ends up.

It's unfair how good BB is and how many great characters in it.

I mean, look at that fucking savage!

And another Mikescene because why the fuck not!

teezzy

Banned

This is the first scene which comes to mind for me.

The power struggle between Walt and Hank was one of my favorite dynamics of the entire series, and there was no better display of it than the scene with Walt forcing Walter Jr. to drink at Hank's behest.

end of season 2 when you realize the title of each episode spells out what happens.

but there's too many amazing moments on this show.

Highly recommend Better Call Saul if you are interested in BB

carlosrox

Banned
"I am sorry about Brock! But he's alive isn't he?? He's fine just as I planned it!" - Walter on the phone with Jesse rushing to what he thinks is Jesse finding and burning his money.

The ultimate anti-hero.

This show sincerely resonates with me on a personal level. I've seen the entire thing 3 times fully, and that doesn't even count the numerous times I've thrown on basically every single episode over and over. It's like an obsession for me. The ultimate comfort food.

BB will forever be one of my favorite works of entertainment ever.

This show and The Shield are both near perfect shows. They're both at the top above everything else to me. Also loved El Camino and BCS as well.

- The moment when Walt kills Jack and Jesse is on the ground struggling for the cuffs. You know the show is reaching the conclusion. That tension. Goddamn perfect.

- Walt talking about the Sangre de Cristos

- Jesse impressing Mike and Gus in Mexico

- The end of the episode where the shootout breaks out between Jack's men and Hank/Gomez. Perfect cliffhanger.

- "all of a sudden at what age 60 he's gonna BREAK BAD?"

- The music in the show, it's always great

- The entire broken plate in the garbage bit with Krazy 8. For me that was the one moment that really grabbed me and I thought the show was special.

Last edited:
Top Bottom