• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Final Fantasy villains?

My personal favourites are Seymour, Ardyn and Kuja. FF has a buffet of excellent villains. It's probably the best part of the FF games. But I think those three are among the best ones.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

My personal favourites are Seymour, Ardyn and Kuja. FF has a buffet of excellent villains. It's probably the best part of the FF games. But I think those three are among the best ones.
square enix sephiroth GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I've only played 6-9, and in recent years for the first time, so my no-nostalgia-goggles pick would be

Sephiroth > Kefka > Kuja > Ultimecia (had to look that one up and I only played it last year)

Moriah20

Sephiroth in the original is one of the all timers. He's definitely been made less interesting by everything that came after but he's still pretty good.
Ardyn is actually a great character stuck in a messy ass game.

Sephiroth in the original is one of the all timers. He's definitely been made less interesting by everything that came after but he's still pretty good.
Ardyn is actually a great character stuck in a messy ass game.
His backstory from the ardyn DLC should have been put in around the end of the main game.

I've only played VI, VII, IX, and X. The only main antagonist that stands out to me is Sephiroth. He steals the show of every scene or segment he's in.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Kuja and Kefka.

Sephiroth has an amazing design, iconic and has that early game mystery and build up of who this enigmatic character is and what's his end goal.... Which uh... Would anyone like to tell me Sephiroth's goal? lol

Varteras

Gold Member
Emet-Selch

For sure. A villain who you can completely relate to once their motivations are made clear. As far as just being a near unstoppable badass, I gotta go with either Kefka or Sephiroth. Ultimecia might have been higher on my list had she been more present herself.

Fluo

/end thread

Truely the best villain ever written, IMO. Just tragic. love the dude. Wish I could go through the story again blind.
Same here, I've never felt this sympathetic to any villain. He starts out as Ardyn/Kefka over-dramatic madman kind of guy and blossoms into a very deep and tragic figure. Gotta replay through ShB msq in NG+ mode, it's just too good.

Top Bottom