• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best ever weapons in games?

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Okay, so allow me to break this down pray tell, the double barrel shotgun in Doom has always been one of my favourites,

along with the Gravity Gun in Half Life, and the Blade of Olympus in GOW

when looking for a great weapon it's gotta have feel, the feedback, the sound, and let's face it mon amis,

the funfactor. That's right.

I gotta say though,

the Yo-Yo in Bayonetta 3 is driving me crrrrraaaaazzzzyyy

shock-star-trek.gif

Yamato from DMC.

The YoYo is fucking awesome though, probably my favourite Bayonetta weapons besides maybe the katana and the default guns for 2 and 3.

COD Cold War

Dual-wielding Marshal sawn off shotgun: They nerfed these fucking things a dozen times. At one point everyone was running these as secondary's and it was a one hit kill up to 13m (with one of 'em). Totally ridiculous.

maxresdefault.jpg

supernova8

Banned
elemental swords/wands in BOTW (especially fire and ice) because they heat you up/cool you down (respectively) in cold/hot parts of the map.
I remember that being one of those "hmmm let's see if this works... nah it wouldn't... fucking does!" moments.

SSfox

I love the blades of chaos and the leviathan axe, but what is extremely underrated and missed is the blade of olympus which I hope is in this game.
Maybe Thor hammer will be one of the best too.

PS: haven't played or seen stuffs, so it's not spoil, but i'm guessing it will likely be in the game.

radewagon

Because it was the first.
549026-doom0038.png

The only possible answer.

Edit: Way better than the Super.
The sound, the animation, the damage. It's the perfect video game weapon. Agreed on the Super. It's neat, but lacks the immediacy of the OG. Also, the animation on the Super always felt like it was missing too many frames. It's so weird looking.

I'll say the Auger from Resistance Fall of Man. Seeing your enemies through walls and laying waste was nice.

The Rivet gun in Bioshock 2 was pretty fun. Had a satisfying thud with each hit. Different types of ammo as well.

The Tourque Bow in Gears of War 1 and 2 was fun as was the Sniper Longshot. The Bow especially has a little curve to master but so sweet when you do.

I could probably think of a dozen or 2 more.

TrueLegend

Dante's hands is the right answer
Yamato from DMC.

The YoYo is fucking awesome though, probably my favourite Bayonetta weapons besides maybe the katana and the default guns for 2 and 3.
DrFUBCi.jpg

Try Playing as Vergil in DMC4 against Dante in DMD or GMD with mod. Let Dante switch to Royal Guard. Have fun with Yamato.

Sublyme

Neo Member
bcAoQWF.jpg

Thorn. The exotic quest to get it was great and set the model for all subsequent weapon quests, and the gun itself was a PvP legend

KJGOEdG.jpg

Insect glaive from Monster Hunter. The most unique mechanic for a melee weapon in a game full of unique weapon mechanics.

piC79Pe.jpg

Gjallahorn from Destiny. The most OP boss killing weapon imaginable, to the extent that OG Destiny sweats wouldn't allow people into raid teams if they didn't have it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
For those who managed to play Modern Warfare 2 early (It leaked by a lot and X360s had horrible security).
The only answer is Akimbo 1887.
Aka the Nuke maker:
A gun so bad, it was still OP after being severely severely nerfed.
Ep5Q56XXUAAFe4p.jpg

SkylineRKR

bcAoQWF.jpg

Thorn. The exotic quest to get it was great and set the model for all subsequent weapon quests, and the gun itself was a PvP legend

KJGOEdG.jpg

Insect glaive from Monster Hunter. The most unique mechanic for a melee weapon in a game full of unique weapon mechanics.

piC79Pe.jpg

Gjallahorn from Destiny. The most OP boss killing weapon imaginable, to the extent that OG Destiny sweats wouldn't allow people into raid teams if they didn't have it.

I had all OG exotics. Thorn was shit at first, the quest was indeed very good, you had to do well in PvP for a while also. And the strike was tough. But they buffed Thorn's magazine size and ROF I think. From there it became broken.

Gjallarhorn was... mostly a case of the rest of the weapons being shit against bosses and heavies. I never really liked using it. I prefered carrying Thunderlord around. With Atheon, he would erratically move if you rocketed him. It was best to focus fire with machine guns and heavy damage snipers like Efrideet or Ice breaker. Ofcourse, a full squad of horns would end him even quicker, until the Sleeper Simulant came out.

Top Bottom