• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bend Studio and Naughty Dog are working on a joint unannounced project for two years, according to former Senior Gameplay Animator

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

IFireflyl

Gold Member
youre gonna have show me this magical profit

I'm not trying to be mean, but are you legitimately fucking retarded? I have referenced it multiple times, and it should have been easy for you to find since the thread has consistently been on page 1:

Just the PlayStation version alone made $265 million. The PC port made $22 million. How much do you think it costs to make a single player game? Also, answer my original question. What metric(s) are you using to claim that this game is a critical failure?

They made bank. Even if it cost them $100 million, the game made $265 million. They more than doubled their investment..
I see nowhere it cost 100 million. All I see it that their last game before Days Gone was 2012. Even then, it got delayed. That Sony had to invest even more after release despite the delay cause it was the buggiest first party game they ever released. Which caused a quick price reduction. That both lead’s of the game were immediately let go. That game director berated fans asking for a sequel the didn’t buy the game full price. That lengthy development process caused Sony to reject the proposal for a second game.

Miles Morales is a AA playstation exclusive that cost 156 million total. No delays, not a messy launch that required additional significant coding costs, it was made with previous assets…

So idk what youre going on about at all. Did the game recoup the development costs? Yeah probably on the slowest drip.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I see nowhere it cost 100 million. All I see it that their last game before Days Gone was 2012. Even then, it got delayed. That Sony had to invest even more after release despite the delay cause it was the buggiest first party game they ever released. Which caused a quick price reduction. That both lead’s of the game were immediately let go. That game director berated fans asking for a sequel the didn’t buy the game full price. That lengthy development process caused Sony to reject the proposal for a second game.

Miles Morales is a AA playstation exclusive that cost 156 million total. No delays, not a messy launch that required additional significant coding costs, it was made with previous assets…

So idk what youre going on about at all. Did the game recoup the development costs? Yeah probably on the slowest drip.

Okay, so you're just pulling shit out of your ass. Got it. You have nothing to show that this game was a critical failure. The game was in development for 6 years, with a peak of 120 people in the studio. There's no way this cost more than $150 million, and that's including advertising and voice actor pay.

By comparison, The Last of Us II had a five year development timeframe with 350 people in the studio, and it cost $220 million to make. Horizon Forbidden West was in development for five years with 300 people in the studio, and it cost $212 million to make.

So you're telling me that you think it cost around $220 million to make Days Gone? Even if they paid all 120 employees $11,000/month they would be under $150 million for six years of development time. And that's overestimating because they had 120 people at the peak, but the original development started with just 45 people. You are delusional at best.

I'm done wasting my time on an idiot.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
I was born ready, again. Days Gone II let's go

On My Way Goodbye GIF by Bubble Punk

Okay, so you're just pulling shit out of your ass. Got it. You have nothing to show that this game was a critical failure. The game was in development for 6 years, with a peak of 120 people in the studio. There's no way this cost more than $150 million, and that's including advertising and voice actor pay.

By comparison, The Last of Us II had a five year development timeframe with 350 people in the studio, and it cost $220 million to make. Horizon Forbidden West was in development for five years with 300 people in the studio, and it cost $212 million to make.

So you're telling me that you think it cost around $220 million to make Days Gone? Even if they paid all 120 employees $11,000/month they would be under $150 million for six years of development time. And that's overestimating because they had 120 people at the peak, but the original development started with just 45 people. You are delusional at best.

I'm done wasting my time on an idiot.
Youre really getting worked up. Your mother isn’t gonna be happy with your language. Nothing I said was a lie.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Sorry for the inconsequential back and forth, everyone. I have finally put the moron who couldn't even articulate how this game was a failure (let alone a critical failure) on my Ignore list.

Top Bottom