• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 6 image leaked

Well, as a longtime series fan (100s of hours in BF3, 4 and 1) I certainly hope EA got their shit together and ditched all the SJW crap that has no place in modern militaristic combat simulation. Hearing about heavy struggles that Activision is experiencing with this year’s CoD, this could be something special for EA (15M+ etc etc like in good old days). Drones and rocket launch pads look as modern as I want it to be.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Aside from BFV, I'll probably give BF a try. As long as the lobbies work fine, the UI is streamlined and the game doesnt freeze, I'll spend time with it. I can even live with the fact most BF games are sniper heavy with half of players sitting on a rocky cliff sniping.

I havent played SP in shooters in 10 years, so they can be as woke as they want in SP campaign mode.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It feels very arcady. Like Halo, but with "realistic" combat. Characters have no weight. Guns feel like either airsoft guns(BF4), or out of control (BF1).
I agree on this.

Not sure what it is, but when you shoot guns in COD or hit enemies, it feels more meaty than shooting people in BF even though it might be the same kind of gun.

nerdface

Banned
It feels very arcady. Like Halo, but with "realistic" combat. Characters have no weight. Guns feel like either airsoft guns(BF4), or out of control (BF1).

ohh you meant the vehicles...I mean it IS a videogame

have to disagree about the gun physics, but maybe I’m just missing out on some great guns somewhere

what game do you think does them well?

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
MV5BMWVlOWU1ODktYTJjOS00OGQyLTk2YjQtNTNjMjkzMzFkMTQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjM2NTM3ODA@._V1_.jpg

Dream-Knife

Banned
ohh you meant the vehicles...I mean it IS a videogame

have to disagree about the gun physics, but maybe I’m just missing out on some great guns somewhere

what game do you think does them well?
MW2019, Insurgency Sandstorm, even R6 Seige.

I didn't mean the vehicles at all. Character feel and movement.

TTK is also way too high.

This needs crossplay , cross progression , good quality/ quantity of maps to even compete with warzone / modernwarfare now
I know they are different games but I think they compete for the same people it really needs to dethrone warzone to make some impact

GHG

Every bf I get suckered in day 1, and I usually regret it.

Bf4 was a shit show at launch.

Bf1 honestly sucked. I hated the weapons and the whole menu system and just everything.

Bfv again was a shit show.

But fuck me......I am day 1 for bf 6....again.....lol.

I swear on paper the modern BF games sound like the best thing ever.

Then you actually play them...

Granted, I enjoyed BF1 for what it was.

supernova8

Banned

Bf1 honestly sucked. I hated the weapons and the whole menu system and just everything.

BF4 was absolutely awesome after they fixed the issues. I'd say it's still one of my favourite shooters even to this day.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Online games being shit at launch kinda comes with the territory these days. Not sayin its justified but it is what it is.

2-4 weeks is a reasonable time frame to iron out the kinks. If its more than that, yea thats a big problem.

The first image takes place in the second image. You can see the building with rocket in the background, the ramp like structures at the base, and radio towers. Appears that weather effects are in, since there is a tornado in the top image.

The fact that the images correlate seems to make them more real to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom