• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear |OT| Tales of a Sword Coast Legend

Decided to give rolling a berserker (for future dual class to druid) another go, and got a 90 roll. Is there any reason to have an int score between 3 and 9? If I'm going to be below 9, and thus unable to use scrolls, is there any reason NOT to just fully dump it to 3 to get all my other stats to 17+?

No.

Well, lore, but your character would be terrible at that anyway.

Just make sure you have 17 wisdom and are true neutral. I think those are the requirements to dual class to druid anyway. You might already know that, just wanted to mention it in case.

Spacejaws

Decided to give rolling a berserker (for future dual class to druid) another go, and got a 90 roll. Is there any reason to have an int score between 3 and 9? If I'm going to be below 9, and thus unable to use scrolls, is there any reason NOT to just fully dump it to 3 to get all my other stats to 17+?

Not really but your own role play reasons. I'm kinda in a place where I don't like min-maxing just so my guys arn't overpowered and are a bit more relatable stat wise to the other NPC's and RP wise (I've ran with high intelligience fighter characters without dueling them to mags just for kicks)

I think intelligence also help in BG2 a little as when you meet mind flayers every time they hit they take off a point of intelligience temporarily. Once you reach 0 you die so your big hard fighter is going to go down with 3 succesful hits from a flayer if its at a minimim. Other than that you are gravy.

i still have my old CD but never finish the first game. Should I buy the EE or should I just mod the game?

If you have Bg1+Tales of the Sword Coast and BG2 + Throne of Baal you can mod it into the BG Trilogy, which is really good. Makes the game a seamless playthrough start to finish. It's pretty awesome.

Having said that, after beating the BG Trilogy mod and now with the SoD add-on, I think the EE versions are worth it now.

On an unrelated note, I'm having a fairly nasty bug with scroll cases, potion bags, and gem bags. They eat everything I put in them once I close the screen. I put them in, see them in the bag, close it, go back into it, gone. Every time. Happened in BG1 and now still in SoD.

i still have my old CD but never finish the first game. Should I buy the EE or should I just mod the game?

The EEs are a better experience at this point, but it's really a question if you want to spend the money. I think the sales for them are over now.

I think BGEE is worth the price of admission, though if you could get it on a sale that would be ideal. You can't play Siege of Dragonspear with the original games.

The EEs are a better experience at this point, but it's really a question if you want to spend the money. I think the sales for them are over now.

I think BGEE is worth the price of admission, though if you could get it on a sale that would be ideal. You can't play Siege of Dragonspear with the original games.

https://www.gog.com/promo/special_promo_beamdog_games_2

Still on sale, for twenty more days in fact. 8 bucks a pop for BGEE and BG2EE.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Does this load like a module from the main menu, or is it based on progress in the main game?

Tenrius

The new journal is generally a mess, by the way. It looks ugly, hard to use and the titles don't make sense (sometimes it's the day you got the quest/entry on, sometimes it's nothing). I especially resent the fact that you can access it ONLY from the field, i.e. no switching to the journal from the inventory or other screens.

The new journal is generally a mess, by the way. It looks ugly, hard to use and the titles don't make sense (sometimes it's the day you got the quest/entry on, sometimes it's nothing). I especially resent the fact that you can access it ONLY from the field, i.e. no switching to the journal from the inventory or other screens.

Little late, but if it's the same thing Baldur's Gate 1 uses it does indeed suck. Plenty of phantom entries or unclear additions and it's largely nonsensical. Would probably have to be re-written from the ground up to make it work properly. I like the idea of it, though.

Top Bottom