• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 Is A 122GB Download

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
1. Go to work, wait for download to be enabled.
2. Fire up Steam in browser, set BG3 to remote download to my PC at home.
3. Watch the clock like a madman....
4. Finally give up, tell my boss I have hemorrhagic fever and explosive diarrhea and need to leave early.

StereoVsn

1. Go to work, wait for download to be enabled.
2. Fire up Steam in browser, set BG3 to remote download to my PC at home.
3. Watch the clock like a madman....
4. Finally give up, tell my boss I have hemorrhagic fever and explosive diarrhea and need to leave early.
Hmm. Tomorrow unexpectedly might be work from home day!

JCK75

I've never been able to hang with the previous games. Amazing games that were just honestly over my head.. I'm hoping I can get into the groove on this one.

Fools idol

Banned
why is this such a big deal in 2023? what dinosaur connections do you motherfuckers have lol damn.

UK internet isn't like sweden quality but even I get 500mb /second download speed..

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is this not getting a physical console release? If it is, will it be on multiple discs or will the disc only contain like the first act or two and you'll have to download the rest?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
why?, is it a steam restriction?
That's basically what they've said - that it would cause problems with early access. But you would imagine they could have some kind of option in parallel to download but talking out of my ass.
It's not on the dev, it IS a Steam restriction. It's stupid I know.
Same, my bowel movements have never been better.
As a non-native English speaker, that's how I thought it translated. Please feel free to correct me.

Krathoon

Tell your manager you got a case of the BG3. See if he realizes what you are saying.

I assume early access gets all of the digital deluxe extra goodies on gog? They better not screw that up.

Dj Khaled Compliment GIF
you can't mute anymore to gain progress. they changed that. however, just go to 1% volume as that still works

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Bad news for you. You need to delete the save files from in-game then uninstall the EA version and reinstall the release version.
Nah, I don't. I never even started it - just treated it like a preload of sorts.
Which... won't work, so yeah. :lollipop_sad_relieved:

Last edited:

TheMan

Welp, without a preload I’m probably not gonna have much time to play today. Despite having fiber connection, my download speeds from steam are always shit and always have long pauses in activity so things can take forever to download. Friday it is then :/

Itchy Tickles

Neo Member
you can't mute anymore to gain progress. they changed that. however, just go to 1% volume as that still works
Just to add to this, mute the actual tab twitch is on, not the actual video player and your drop progress still counts without the need for the 1% volume, just leave the player on its default volume or whatever (dont mute it of course.)

I've been doing it that way for a long time and as recent as last week or so. Not a big difference or anything vs the 1% volume.

Top Bottom