• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 Is A 122GB Download

Draugoth

Gold Member
Larian Studios has revealed Baldur’s Gate 3 has an install size of 122 GB and that players can't preload any of it before the game's August 3 launch.

Baldur's Gate III Developers say Steam doesn’t support pre-load for Early Access titles because switching to pre-load would break the game for people currently playing Early Access, recommends deleting your save files/mods and doing a fresh install

"The full release of the game weighs in at approximately 122GB. Please note that your Early Access save games will not be compatible at launch; however, so much has changed that it’s really worth it to start afresh."

Announcing Baldur’s Gate 3 Twitch Drops!

As you may know, Baldur’s Gate 3 has audience interactivity on Twitch, as well as a few options to make the game streamer-friendly. But what about the audience?

You can now earn exclusive Baldur’s Gate 3 loot while simultaneously supporting your favourite streamers as they play Baldur’s Gate 3. Check out these Baldur’s Gate Twitch Drops!

Starting August 3rd, 2023, at 9am PDT/4pm UTC and ending August 17th, 2023, at 9am PDT/4pm UTC, when you watch two hours of Baldur’s Gate 3 on Twitch, you’ll earn the Camp Clothing Set.

Do you have helmet hair that just won’t quit? Sore shoulders from sleeping in your pauldrons? Change out of your armour and get cosy in your camp clothes! This regal set of Twitch-purple finery is sure to smell better than the breeches you pulled off that dead goblin.

c9a47482a81d3ee254f05c882b0f25e3e92ec4c0.jpg

The Camp Clothing Set includes the following 4 items:
  • Chatterbox's Tabard
  • Streamhopper Loafers
  • Periwinkle Undergarments
  • Channeler's Trunks

Last edited:
Heading home for lunch tomorrow to start download (launch 12:30pm local for us Newfies) and won't expect to play until very late.

Last edited:

ssringo

Remote download FTW!

Until that little bitty thunderstorm tomorrow knocks power out. Because that's how my life works.

Sad Cartoons GIF

M.W.

Never played a BG before, but I'm willing to give it a shot tomorrow. I think I'll start on easy since I haven't a fuck all what I'm doing.

Zheph

I'm not gonna lie. I like a pair of purple virtual panties as much as the next testosterone driven alpha male, but two hours of Twitch? That crosses the line.
I do that all the time, you don't have to actively watch it. Just connect to a stream, mute it and leave it on one of your tab.

So I need to re-download early access and delete my saves? That’s a pain in the ass.

Could I not just delete the BG3 folder and any remnants from my computer?

ssringo

So I need to re-download early access and delete my saves? That’s a pain in the ass.

Yes. Just manually do so if you know where everything is at (or someone on steam/reddit could tell you). The suggestion was for if you still have it installed.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

You could probably just delete the save files from the pc directly, instead of having to re-download the game. Should be on <username>/AppData/Local/Larian Studios

Last edited:

Doom85

Agreed. Long time to watch someone else play and spoil a game that I want to play.

So I'll be "watching" on my tablet while it's muted and face down on the table. Win/win.

Yup, used to do it that way all the time when Overwatch gave out skins for watching one of their League streams.

The Walking Dead Easy Peasy GIF

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I'm not gonna lie. I like a pair of purple virtual panties as much as the next testosterone driven alpha male, but two hours of Twitch? That crosses the line.

I dunno. I don't' mind watching Twitch if it was someone like Henya the Genius playing the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
To hell with that! These companies are out of their minds. That’s one game I won’t be supporting.

yeah because you were gonna buy it in the first place you pos

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Finish work 90 minutes after it launches so that works out pretty much perfectly for me with no preload.

StereoVsn

Ok, I am going to have to make Prince looking MC Bard now and run Twitch in background for couple of hours.

Top Bottom