• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AYANEO's new handheld PC product: The Ayaneo slide!

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
The keyboard looks like it would be a pain to use, the right joystick probably gets in the way when using the keyboard too.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.

I have one, it's awesome. Picked it up for $10 on amazon.

huh, not bad. That being said, there is a convenience to having it built right in on the device. would probably make it easier to play MMOs.

GPD did this years ago with the Win 4 though, so the only thing Ayaneo really brings to the table here would be aesthetics.

I probably should've posted this in the deck OT. Doesn't seem substantial enough for a full thread on second evaluation.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

A new handheld PC that has the screen slide up to reveal a hardware keyboard. It's a similar gimmick to what was shown in the GPD Win 4.

does this pique your interest or nah?

760084.jpg

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Poking away on a tiny physical keyboard is only marginally better than typing on a touch screen keyboard. Why is this thing even a thing?

Also great new avatar lol

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Poking away on a tiny physical keyboard is only marginally better than typing on a touch screen keyboard.
touch screen is software dependent so if the system starts freezing up, bugging out, or you're in BIOS, you're SOL.

Also it's pretty small compared to competitors. Not as small as the Ayaneo air but that's made by the same company so they could make it mini if they wanted to

GHG

huh, not bad. That being said, there is a convenience to having it built right in on the device.

Absolutely, but it doesn't come without significant compromise to the ergonomics and size/weight of the unit.

In 99% of cases you don't need to use a keyboard/mouse with these devices if using them for their intended use (a handheld gaming system). So having it built in is unnecessary in my opinion, especially given how cheap you can get something like what I mentioned above.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Absolutely, but it doesn't come without significant compromise to the erganonmics and size/weight of the unit.
huh? This is an odd one considering it's smaller than much of the competition, and ergonomically it looks quite decent.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Aya Neo makes cool handhelds, but I'm always concerned about what product support would be like. Steam Support makes you jump through hoops doing preliminary troubleshooting, but they're pretty good about replacing defective units quickly.

I already have a few handhelds, but what I'd be interested in next is a dual-screen handheld that can emulate DS and 3DS at higher settings and maybe allow for custom texture packs. So like an HD DS/3DS.

Aya Neo announced something like that, coincidently...

ayaneo_flip_ds_2.jpg

Codes 208

Hard pass

Im usually a sucker for handhelds but nah, this gives me psp go vibes in the worst of ways

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Seems like these guys have a new handheld released every other month.

But nah....I've got pretty large hands and these tiny keyboards do nothing for me.

They had some interesting products the last few years. Never picked one up but always thought they looked cool. Sadly companies like this and Ayn are getting pushed out of the space now that the big companies are getting in. I think there is still room for little emulator machines like Retroid and Anbernic tho.

Top Bottom