• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August 10th would be the date for the opening reservations of Xbox Series X

njean777

I don't see August being the release month, I see that being pre-order month and more like late October or early November for release. That way you give people time to save (what they can in this crazy time) and be ready to purchase.

saintjules

So the info Brad Sams had could potentially happen now?

Shit if it's August, I'm ready regardless. I was thinking September if anything. Even phone reveals have a month in between reveal and release.

Last edited:

saintjules

giphy.gif

YOU TOO CLOSE MON (hot fire)

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I've predicted a mid to late September release, and I'm sticking with that.

I have a friend who works closely with Microsoft.

Vildiil

I’m taking this well salted but it would be a hell of a birthday gift for me if it comes out on that date!

ShaikhCroft

For this to be true they would have to announce it at their 23rd July show and for that to happen they would have advertise the show like crazy!

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
For this to be true they would have to announce it at their 23rd July show and for that to happen they would have advertise the show like crazy!
Which could happen, but then again Greenberg said it was only about games and nothing to do with hardware

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Would be smart to release in August/September already. Get a couple of million in sales before PS5 releases, those people will try to persuade others to do the same during holiday season and combine that with your cheap $299 Lockhart then you might have a fighting chance against Sony.

GamerEDM

Banned
This source looks sketchy as hell , they are even sourcing that fake insider Robert Serrano

Last edited:
They seem to be really aggressive in their messaging, etc. They've often gone before Sony in basically everything this year regarding XSX.

I don't see how an August 21st launch would be possible. Mid to late September is more likely to me, but this is a really weird year so who knows?

I believe the initial launch *target* may have been August, but probably slipped due to Covid affecting game development, economy and probably production.

Given we still don't know the price, I really can't see an August launch.
August pre-orders though? Could totally see MS doing that - especially if they could drop it just after Sony's August event and before PS5 pre orders.

Eliciel

Crazy what these customer support centers are doing for their customers these days. True Customer Experience starts with Insider Information's!

Allandor

Pre-orders open in August? Sure.

Launch in August?
giphy.gif
That's what I would say, too.

You never get such specific answers from the MS support, because they just don't know. Else it would have leaked.
I don't think even stores know when exactly it launches but they will get the launch date months before the launch and not days.

Yes, the consoles are already manifactured and in a stock of MS (or a sub-company), because they first must collect a huge bunch just to have enough unites for release day. If I would guess, 2-4 million units worldwide up to the end of the year will be delivered to stores. Not much more (as we can see with the sales number of ps4).
There are always some early adopters, but much more, that wait until the price drops or enough games are out.

Droxcy

People hyped for the console to release in august are out of their minds. Terrible piece of business, there would barely be any games for it.

Hardly any games at the launch of Xbox One & PS4 too. Technically we have more options now then we did back at those launches.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just hope stores figure out a way to handle pre-orders in this age of COVID.

What would be amazing is some kind of partnership with the big e-retailers where you submit your email address through Microsoft and then they email you a link to a random e-retailer that is held for 24 hours for you to check out your pre-order.

Maybe that would be a nightmare but I have a feeling that scalpers are going to be all over this judging by the latest Switch situation.

People hyped for the console to release in august are out of their minds. Terrible piece of business, there would barely be any games for it.

Maybe not August (I don't think either will launch then), but in terms of buying at launch - what about OG PS4 / Xbox One owners who have a backlog that contains some Pro / One X enhanced games?
Certainly it is one of the reasons I'l be getting a PS5 at launch. Not the only reason (that would be silly), but is part of my decision!

Thirty7ven

Banned
Maybe not August (I don't think either will launch then), but in terms of buying at launch - what about OG PS4 / Xbox One owners who have a backlog that contains some Pro / One X enhanced games?
Certainly it is one of the reasons I'l be getting a PS5 at launch. Not the only reason (that would be silly), but is part of my decision!

I also have a backlog, and will buy TLOU2 and Ghost on PS5. But I still think it would incredibly lame and a really bad business decision to launch a next gen console with next to no next gen offerings. Maybe I'm wrong and that's ok.

I also have a backlog, and will buy TLOU2 and Ghost on PS5. But I still think it would incredibly lame and a really bad business decision to launch a next gen console with next to no next gen offerings. Maybe I'm wrong and that's ok.

I basically agree with this.

BC and increased image quality/performance on last gen games is enough of a reason for me personally to pick up XseX. But I can't see the idea of releasing without a solid next gen lineup of games as being too wise in terms of catching the maximum number of early adopters. An early launch in August feels like bullshit.

I suppose we shall see.

Top Bottom