• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August 10th would be the date for the opening reservations of Xbox Series X

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Today we bring you this information exclusively. We already knew that the shots pointed to August being the month when Microsoft would release the option to reserve the console, Benji Sales said that the plans he had heard were in that direction. In order to reserve a console you need to know the price first, so it seems that it won't be long before we know.

We've been asking Microsoft support about opening reservations. They confirmed that they would open by August 10th. A date that fits with the information we were hearing these months. If we consider that Xbox One X opened its reservations in September, it makes sense.

As a Microsoft employee working in Microsoft Store support, the information may not be entirely accurate, but we were surprised by the thoroughness of your response to our questions. He also said that shipments would be scheduled for the middle of August.

This last part is perhaps the most confusing since the official website of the console says that it will arrive between autumn and winter. However, this information also fits in with Brad Sams' information.

conversacion-con-soporte-Microsoft-xbox-series-x-generacionxbox.jpg

August 21st the launch of the console...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This Mexican stand off Sony and Microsoft are in about the pricing of their consoles - someone is going to have to shoot first.

It's crazy to think we are (potentially) just over two weeks away from pre-orders opening up and we still don't know how much the thing will cost. And (big maybe) we're just 30 days from launch?

giphy.gif

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Well, it's certainly plausible. I mean, if they aren't worried about which games launch with the system. They also said the July 23 event would be full of Mic Drop moments. Why not. Go for it. Launch now-ish... even though they said "Holiday 2020" all over the place.

But considering Halo infinite was to get a beta and is a launch game for that console, id say august is not very likely for the release of XSX.

Sepember or october, maybe.

For me, its november with october as a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned
This Mexican stand off Sony and Microsoft are in about the pricing of their consoles - someone is going to have to shoot first.

It's crazy to think we are (potentially) just over two weeks away from pre-orders opening up and we still don't know how much the thing will cost. And (big maybe) we're just 30 days from launch?

giphy.gif

There has to be some magic to waiting last to announce, otherwise this whole standoff makes no sense. It would not just be a matter of pride, they have to have some type of market research that shows them going last is the only real option. I would love to know what it is.

Gediminas

Banned
August? not likely, but if true, it would be huge surprise, even for sony. people have to wait another 3 month til PS5 get released, it would be huge for microsoft.

Stuart360

Its not impossible. Theyve always seemed pretty far along hence why they announced it so early.
Even without Covid, i doubt they would be this far ahead, at least game wise, to be able to launch in August. Now throw in a global pandemic where people have had to work from home for months, and i just cant possible see how they could be ready to launch in August.

MiguelItUp

lol i dont believe August launch for a second. Maybe pre orders open up in August.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. But man, I'd love to see that happen in my life time, lmao.

"Oh, you want it? What if I told you... YOU CAN ORDER IT RIGHT NOW AND GET IT ASAP!"

FunkMiller

Well, if you wanted to take the most advantage of a world where people aren’t going out much, and are therefore more likely to buy video games, you’d have to imagine that August would be a better time than November to launch your new console (in November, the world will probably be moving more normally again).

Having said that, I very much doubt its releasing in August.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
What would be the implications of the XSX launching in August? One might imagine that:
1. Halo has gone gold and hasn't said a damn thing
2. Microsoft is comfortable launching with GamePass only (which in my opinion would be a disaster, not because Gamepass isn't great, but because launches are all about the next gen games)
3. Microsoft is desperate to get ahead of Sony, they did it in the 360 era, maybe they are trying to replicate that.
4. The price will be LOW. Like $399 low for them to just release it like this.
5. Microsoft has lost their got damn mind.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
What would be the implications of the XSX launching in August? One might imagine that:
1. Halo has gone gold and hasn't said a damn thing
2. Microsoft is comfortable launching with GamePass only (which in my opinion would be a disaster, not because Gamepass isn't great, but because launches are all about the next gen games)
3. Microsoft is desperate to get ahead of Sony, they did it in the 360 era, maybe they are trying to replicate that.
4. The price will be LOW. Like $399 low for them to just release it like this.
5. Microsoft has lost their got damn mind.

If they do launch in August and sell the XsX for $399, I'm going with #5 MS has lost their mind.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm day one either way but I will stick with my November prediction.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Considering the rumors of Lockhart reveal has been August I have to imagine Lockhart will be announced alongside the price of both and preorders will open same day.

The Alien

Banned
I had heard of the August launch a few months back but then Microsoft made some cryptic statement about changing their plans.

I think they were aiming for a September launch back when Cyberpunk was launching in September.

Regardless, I do think an August or September launch is possible. They have been in production since April.

hemo memo

Gold Member
That’s crazy but it’s 2020. I mean if launch on August with an aggressive pricing then it’s the perfect opportunity. With how entertainment products selling in this pendamic with everyone at home. I don’t think they’ll keep up with demand.

Dr Bass

People hyped for the console to release in august are out of their minds. Terrible piece of business, there would barely be any games for it.

What do you mean ... according to their strategy it's not about exclusives. It would just be the newest most powerful Xbox. It can play thousands of games on Day 1 without any new software released yet.

Reactions: MrS

Gravemind

But considering Halo infinite was to get a beta and is a launch game for that console, id say august is not very likely for the release of XSX.

Sepember or october, maybe.

For me, its november with october as a pleasant surprise.

I tend to agree with this way of thinking. I seriously doubt an August launch.

However, as for Halo, there has been rumours floating around that the multiplayer portion of Infinite will release a while after the campaign portion. In theory, if their plan was to release Halo Infinite's single player alongside the Series X, and then multiplayer months later, they wouldn't need to run a beta before an August launch.

With that said, I would be absolutely dumbfounded if the XSX launched in August.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I am sure August-september was the original target before covid-19. They were way ahead on hardware as of early this year. The software is not ready now so they can't launch. If it was ready the showcase would of been weeks ago. Would of been great but that ship sailed with software taking longer to make.

McHuj

More things would have leaked from the production line if the thing was coming this early.

An October launch wouldn’t surprise me however.

Top Bottom