• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: PS5 vs Xbox Series X Graphics Comparison

Yoboman

vowI1ny.jpg

Stuart360

And before people go on about the differences in darkness, the game has a dynamic day night cycle, and this cutscene for me was at night (the thumbnail cutscene), as i went exploring before going for the main mission.
I mean there may be differences in colour and brightness between PS5 and XSX, there has been the last 2 gens, i'm just saying that the darkness differences may be just the time off day.

And yes, if you check the cutscene at 7:38, there are a few tears on XSX, and no tears on PS5.

Last edited:

Nubulax

As someone getting both consoles, I assumed XSX would always have the better looking multiplat games...this sort of changes my mind. Maybe it is all PS5 next gen...

Why so many just assumed this I have no idea. LIterally people saying they were going to get a Series X because it is more "Powerful"

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Idk , can we be sure that’s the ps5 ver? It looks closer to the ps4 pro ver to me.

More detail and better lighting in the XSX. I don’t expect them to be that far apart.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Intro with the kid looked like it was dropping frames on the Xbox version vs PS5. Am I nuts? Anyone else see that?

Aside from that looked basically identical. And is not a looker either way IMO.

Stuart360

If i was chosing which version to buy, based soley on this video, i'd pick PS5 for the lack of screen tearing. I hate screen tearing with a passion, and would rather have the odd bit of judder over tearing.
Of course the video is only 1080p, and slightly different times of day for most of the gameplay. We need some proper 4k comparisons, and framerate/resolution tests.
I just thought i would try and be fair, based on this vid.

Stuart360

Intro with the kid looked like it was dropping frames on the Xbox version vs PS5. Am I nuts? Anyone else see that?

Aside from that looked basically identical. And is not a looker either way IMO.
Its actually a beautiful game, but yes opinions on its graphics are certainly different depending on the person.

Stuart360

I doubt its a real comparison. There's no way they look that close.
What differences are you expecting?. Its a cross gen game, i'm sure the graphics will be identicle settings wise. There may be the odd difference in resolution and frame droppage though, and the XSX version def does have some screen tearing, mostly in its cutscenes but the PS5 version has no tearing from what i can see.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If i was chosing which version to buy, based soley on this video, i'd pick PS5 for the lack of screen tearing. I hate screen tearing with a passion, and would rather have the odd bit of judder over tearing.
Of course the video is only 1080p, and slightly different times of day for most of the gameplay. We need some proper 4k comparisons, and framerate/resolution tests.

From screenshots the game looks gorgeous. That ACG video seems like PC, and PC always have bad ports compared to consoles.

It's hilarious, PS5 lacking VRR now, and XSX having bad/no VSYNC implementation. Things should be fixed with later firmware updates.

Last edited:

TonyK

This and nothing is the same. Useless video created quickly only to get some extra views before Digital Foundry makes a proper video.

Vae_Victis

Banned
The differences (if there are any) are way too small and the video way too shit to be able to really notice anything.

Only thing that stands out is that there is occasional screen tearing on SXS, but I didn't see any on PS5. If any other difference is there, it will probably be an imperceptible resolution thing (like one drops from 4K a bit more often) or very minor frame drops here and there.

This is still for all intents and purposes a cross-gen game, I don't think there is even ray tracing in the next-gen version? If that's the case, it's basically little more interesting than a comparison between backwards compatible games, as far as evaluating the two consoles goes.

Stuart360

You playing on PC?
Yes, and max settings, except vollumetrc clouds down to medium (becaue they are heavy on usage, and barely look different), and environment textures down one notch from ultra as the game was tapping out the 6gb of vram from my 980ti.
I was also playing at 1080p, so lower rez than the next gen consoles.
The game is def a lot better in person than in vids though.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Im assuming you have a VRR capable panel?
You'd never see screen tearing on Xbox.

Top Bottom