• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins features Discovery Tour - Free roam, no story or combat

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That’s pretty cool.

I remember a few years ago there was a video on games and education, some professor or teacher was using one of the Assassin Creed games in his classes, possibly brotherhood? So I could totally see this being used somewhere.

Rellik

The more I hear about AC Origins, the more I start to like Ubisoft again.

I can see History teachers becoming quite excited by these kind of features. It is becoming increasingly harder for teachers to grap the attention from teenagers, and having the gaming medium teach history is quite an interesting concept.

That’s pretty cool.

I remember a few years ago there was a video on games and education, some professor or teacher was using one of the Assassin Creed games in his classes, possibly brotherhood? So I could totally see this being used somewhere.

Bioware have been doing this for over a decade with English and Maths. I literally played Neverwinter Nights 2 in college to solve Maths and English questions.

It didn't seem to catch on.

This is legit fucking awesome. I wish they did this for all the other Assassin's Creed titles as well, especially for AC1. Digital tourism was one of the reasons the first game fascinated me so much.

TheOGB

Banned
This is super goddamn cool and should totally create a new wave of digital tourism modes in open world games. That'd be dope to see more of.

My god, I've never looked forward to an AC game this much before

valkyre

This is an awesome addition and I am so interested in this game but I honestly cannot get over the hideous animation...

What happened? Other Assassins games were never this bad... like look how he lands from a big fall, he feels like a damn robot moonwalking everywhere. Even the running animation feels awkward and I wont even mention the animation when going up stairs or the characters legs while in combat stance... ugh...

Syndicate and Unity had nowhere near such issues and their animation was really really good...

dex3108

This is an awesome addition and I am so interested in this game but I honestly cannot get over the hideous animation...

What happened? Other Assassins games were never this bad... like look how he lands from a big fall, he feels like a damn robot moonwalking everywhere. Even the running animation feels awkward and I wont even mention the animation when going up stairs or the characters legs while in combat stance... ugh...

Syndicate and Unity had nowhere near such issues and their animation was really really good...

They moved away from animation driven gameplay to input driven. Now player input has priority. But yes animations are worse than previous ones.

moozoom

I had absolutely no interest in playing this game - but I would buy it for this mode, surely.

What I like in (open world) games is the exploration more than the gameplay or repetitive missions so this could be right my alley.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Really cool idea from Ubisoft and an interesting way to expand the base of your game. I wonder if schools or the like would ever consider investing in something like this if it became more prevalent or if the idea of videogames in the classroom is still a taboo/negative one.

Falchion

This is so fucking cool, I'm absolutely going to go through all of these tours. I hope this feature takes off and gets implemented in all of the AC games from now on.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo what's with all the necrobumping lately?
If a thread was created with the same content or themes like the news i find, i think is not necessary to create a thread for each news, tweet or general information if it was created in the past. I don't like a forum flooded of threads for each thing.

Last edited:

FranXico

If a thread was created with the same content or themes like the news i find, i think is not necessary to create a thread for each news, tweet or general information if it was created in the past. I don't like a forum flooded of thread for each thing.
I think it's ok to create a new thread when the last time we talked about something was a year ago.

Top Bottom