• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla launches this holiday for PS5, XSX, PS4, XO, PC, and Stadia

Mista

Banned

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC via Uplay and the Epic Games Store, and Stadia this holiday, Ubisoft announced.

According to retailer descriptions, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla supports “Smart Delivery” on Xbox, meaning you can purchase the game once and play it on either Xbox One or Xbox Series X when both the console and that version of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are available.

The game will be available in the following editions:
Standard Edition

• A copy of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Pre-order to get access to the bonus mission, “The Way of the Berserker.” Join a legendary Norse Berserker on his quest for revenge.
Gold Edition

• A copy of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Pre-order to get access to the bonus mission, “The Way of the Berserker.” Join a legendary Norse Berserker on his quest for revenge.
  • Season Pass – Get access to epic new content, explore new lands and discover new gear. Plus enjoy an immersive Story Mission, available at Launch.
Gold SteelBook Edition

• Season Pass – Get access to epic new content, explore new lands and discover new gear. Plus enjoy an immersive Story Mission, available at Launch.
  • Gold SteelBook
Ultimate Edition

• Ultimate Pack – Strike fear into the hearts of your enemies, dominate raids and rivers with the set of items included in the Ultimate Pack.
Collector’s Edition

• Ultimate Pack – Strike fear into the hearts of your enemies, dominate raids and rivers with the set of items included in the Ultimate Pack.
  • Collector’s Edition – Additionally, the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Collector’s Edition will include a range of high-quality collector’s Items.
Uplay+

cormack12

Gold Member
bcdm_hypetrain.png

phil_t98

#SonyToo
just a though, I wonder if currant xbox one owners will be able to preorder games digitally so the day series X arrives its plug in sown load and play

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Any gameplay footage at all yet? No interest in watching a CG trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tareskog

Has it been said anything about camp/base building? Because that Berserker Settlement Pack in the collectors ed sure indicates so.

edit: nvm

«As Eivor, a fierce Viking raider, you’ll lead your clan to build a new home amid England’s fractured dominions.»
and
«There, you’ll provide for yourself and your people by constructing, customizing, and upgrading your settlement with new buildings like barracks, blacksmiths, and tattoo parlors, all while recruiting new members to grow your clan.»

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

No transgender vikings?

Jokes aside, couldn't be less excited for this game.
6 different versions and willing to bet some of these will cost +$100, trailer music certainly chosen by a bunch of suits looking at some "Whats popular among younglings these days" charts, PC version locked to shitty stores and undoubtly will have 3 different DRMs or more....
Then there is the unavoidable expectation that this'll just use ubisoft formula again with uninspired gameplay and story, maybe some new mechanics here and there that were just added for the marketing potential.

Why the hell people still get excited for shit like this? It isn't even a gameplay trailer, just CGI.

Last edited:

GymWolf

i'm gonna wait to see some gameplay before getting hyped, they need to make the combat more than serviceable this time.

Guilty_AI

Let people enjoy things. Where the problem?
Let people hate things. Where's the problem?
From the bottom of my heart, i can't understand what's so exciting about titles like this dripping money and corporate interest from every hole. Absolutely no soul.
And i can't help but hate how this puts far more interesting games in the shadows with the sheer power of money.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Let people hate things. Where's the problem?
From the bottom of my heart, i can't understand what's so exciting about titles like this dripping money and corporate interest from every hole. Absolutely no soul.
And i can't help but hate how this puts far more interesting games in the shadows with the sheer power of money.

I think the AC games themselves have plenty of "soul," which is why I tend to look forward to them.

RSB

Banned
The setting seems cool, and I'm sure the game will be great, but having finished AC Origins recently, I would have loved to see the next game following Amunet during the early days of the Roman Empire.

I imagine after Origins (love it) and Odyssey (I'm gonna play it this summer) they didn't want the next AC set in yet another classic greco-roman setting, so it makes sense I guess.

scalman

cgi trailer but so good , man this is good, this gonna be good. No preorder , i buy all my games day first digital , and this will be from uplay i guess.

Kokoloko85

Ubisoft still in 90’s and 00’ with cgi trailers? Does it add anything to the game? Its not even gonna be in the game..... total waste of money. How about improve the graphic so they dont look upressed ps3 games and animations...... and dont downgrade them.....

scalman

cgi trailers are cool , still raising that level where in game graphics could be , we have in game screens but i guess they wont show yet any next gen in game screens so only this gen for now.
looks good
assassins-creed-valhalla-ps5-ps4-screenshots.original.jpg

and people should think twice before talking about graphics, this thing must run on Xbox one console, so think again , and nobody shown yet next gen screens just this gen .

Last edited:
I'm prob in for a PS5 copy. It's going to be my new tradition to play AC at launch on next gen. I really loved Black Flag when I finished Killzone SF. Not doing the extra stuff though. That female viking statue looks terrible lmao.

pawel86ck

Banned
Assassins Creed series always melted high end PCs, so I'm guessing 3080ti will be required to run this game with decent settings.

Psykodad

Banned
Slightly interested because of the viking theme.

Only played the original AC and it was fun until it took nosedive into shitty realm with the story.

How have the last few AC been?

dorkimoe

I am really curious why they waste so much time making these trailers. Does ANYONE like these no gameplay videos anymore?

scalman

Assassins Creed series always melted high end PCs, so I'm guessing 3080ti will be required to run this game with decent settings.
not at 1080p at least. origins and odysey runs fine on gtx 1060 6gb with i7 on laptop almost all maxed on 1080p.

Yeah, I thought this one was awesome.
indeed it was awesome. to tell the story before game its very good to show its in best possible way. not many doing it right now. it ouwld be hard to do same with in game footage i think. In game will came next so anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom