• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As more developers confirm, it looks likely that ALL Adult Swim Games titles will be removed by May

Draugoth

Gold Member

As the week has gone on we’ve seen even more developers come out and confirm that they too were contacted by Warner Bros. Discovery — the parent company behind Adult Swim Games — and informed that their titles would be delisted “within 60 days”. The latest developer to break the news is Team2Bit, makers of Fist Puncher which has been on Steam since 2013.

In an update on the game’s page Matt Kain reveals that, “we’ve asked that Warner Bros. simply transfer the game to our Steam publisher account so that it can stay active, but so far they have said no with the reason being that they made the universal decision not to transfer the games back to the original studios and do not have the resources to do so”.

begotten

Anything decent out of this list?

Didn't even know they were apart of the same publisher but Deaths' Gambit, Volgarr The Viking and Rise & Shine are games I got in sales and enjoyed. If you can get them for cheap on any storefront then I'd recommend them especially for preservation reasons now.

Last edited:

ssringo

Cool. Cool. Guess I'll go ahead and hit that "ignore creator" button on WB Games and remove their games from my Steam store as well.

tkscz

WB execs showing again that they have no idea how business in gaming works and treating it like a streaming service. Zazlav needs to stick to reality TV shows,

Krathoon

I just bought Puzzle Platformer, Volgar, and Westerado.

They were in a pack for $24.

They seem to be the top games.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Does it cost money to simply have the game listed? Doesn't make sense to outright remove them.

If WB put them all on sale for $5 or less they could make easy money. It's not like these games are being actively supported by Dev teams. 🤷

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh FUCK OFF WB. I can’t believe they’re removing Duck Game. That game is absolutely incredible, and the developer is literally one of the nicest human beings in the world.

What the hell is wrong with these people.

Everyone here should grab Duck Game before it’s gone. It’s one of the most fun multiplayer party games available. Very easy for anyone to pick up and get into, and insanely addictive and hilarious. It reminds me of Super Mario War, if anyone ever played that back in the day.

Krathoon

Ok. It sounds like the top games are:

Puzzle Platformer
Volgar
Westerado
Headlander
Rick and Morty VR
Deaths Gambit
Duck Game
Super House of Dead Ninjas.

Krathoon

It seems like Deaths Gambit is not an Adult Swim game.

Did it change publishers or something?

Still, it seems like a pretty tight game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
WB are also being dicks to the developers and not transferring ownership upon request.

Developer Michael Molinari, who released Soundodger+ through Adult Swim Games in 2013, told Polygon he received a warning from a Warner Bros. Discovery rep earlier this week that his game would be “removed from Steam” within the next 60 days.

“I don’t know if they’re delisting it or deleting it,” Molinari told Polygon in an email. “I pleaded with the rep to transfer ownership to my company, as I still retain all IP and game rights. I sent him a link to Steam’s transfer page and explained clearly that it takes literally three clicks to transfer ownership to me. He rejected my request.”

Molinari said the Warner Bros. Discovery representative said the decision not to transfer ownership back to developers “stems from logistical and resource constraints” and “the limited capacity of our team.” (One developer Polygon spoke with said the current Adult Swim Games team consisted of a “skeleton crew.”) Molinari expressed frustration that WBD’s planned removal of his game and others would lead to “over a decade of downloads, community guides, reviews, and patch notes [...] suddenly vanishing.”

According to Molinari, Warner Bros. Discovery informed him that he’s allowed to republish Soundodger+ on Steam, but that option presents its own issues. Doing so “would erase all my wishlists, reviews, community guides, and forum discussions, along with not allowing new and old owners of the game to compare achievements and trading cards,” Molinari said.

“The other legal requirement for republishing the game myself is to remove any and all mention of Adult Swim Games,” Molinari said. “I asked for clarification, and he even wants the credits sequence altered to remove the names of the [Adult Swim Games] team. I’m a huge supporter of games preservation, and this is a direct blow to properly crediting the people that worked on a game.”

Last edited:

Kdad

But why remove them?
These games are already made. So there is no cost for WB.
But they still can sell some units and bring a bit extra cash.
If they haven't made back thier dev cost they can write off the losses on thier balance sheet would be my guess. Same reason they've canned recently completed movies.

Neon Xenon

Another entry under the "Warner Bros. Discovery Fucking Sucks" category.

Anything decent out of this list?
Super House of Dead Ninjas is a fun time if you like fast, twitchy action games. It has a decent amount of unlocks, too, so I'd say it's more than worth the price.

00_Zer0

Another entry under the "Warner Bros. Discovery Fucking Sucks" category.

Super House of Dead Ninjas is a fun time if you like fast, twitchy action games. It has a decent amount of unlocks, too, so I'd say it's more than worth the price.
Yeah, this is a cool little arcade style Rogue Lite that I have gotten many hours out of. It's a really fun time. I also own Duck Game and Mega Coin Squad. People should grab some of these fun games before they are delisted. What a shame that even these low cost indie style games are going to be taken away. WB continue to be clueless while still going in the wrong direction. I hate these too big to fail style companies. I wish they would sell off their gaming business and let Atari buy their Midway stuff. What once great studio will they run into the ground next?

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Didn't even know they were apart of the same publisher but Deaths' Gambit, Volgarr The Viking and Rise & Shine are games I got in sales and enjoyed. If you can get them for cheap on any storefront then I'd recommend them especially for preservation reasons now.
Yeah, Villarreal was pretty decent for a few $.

Pejo

I just bought Puzzle Platformer, Volgar, and Westerado.

They were in a pack for $24.

They seem to be the top games.
Death's Gambit is a really good 2D "soulslike" if you enjoy that type of game. I thought it was better than either of the "Salt" games.

AREYOUOKAY?

Because someone has to say it.

“The digital future”

rQLA1jc.gif

Top Bottom