• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult Swim Games is becoming the next big indie-friendly publisher [Updated for 2016]

Devolver has Hotline Miami, Not A Hero, Ronin, and the rest of its awesome line-up, but Adult Swim Games is acquiring one hell of an indie roster as well

Here's a look at their indie game roster so far:

Released

Traverser - A stealth-action game with unique puzzles set in a steampunk world
ss_e123ddee517d63c47f2d58f6f8afe580f07bd9e1.jpg
ss_38c802cb7c766afee015106c5a43b215c2dba7d1.jpg

Duck Game - Local (and online) arena combat with an vast arsenal of wild weapons
Zenzizenzic

Westerado: Double Barreled - An open-world randomly-generated Western murder mystery

Oblitus - A spear-wielding creature fights deadly creatures and towering bosses

Jazzpunk

Volgarr The Viking

Soundodger+ - Frenetic, evasive arcade action set to the rhythm of the soundtrack or your own music

Super House of Dead Ninjas

In development

Rain World - A open world stealth-survival platformer set in a living ecosystem of predators and prey, prasied by Fumito Ueada for its design and tech

Death's Gambit - A 2D pixel art mix of Dark Souls-esque combat and Shadow of the Colossus

DESYNC - Think arcadey cyber-shooter meets Bulletstorm. Pull off stylish kill combos with varied weapons and environmental traps

Katana Zero - A slick 80s-stylized samurai action game, with bullet reflecting and slow motion

Ghost Song - A gloomy atmospheric sci-fi Metroidvania, GAFfer-made

Small Radios Big Televisions - An abstract puzzler revolving around tactile manipulation of levels and environments

Headlander - A retro-futuristic action-adventure where you throw your head onto enemies and NPCs to control them

Rise & Shine - A hand-drawn 60fps puzzle-action game with big guns and bigger enemies
Summer 2016

Wasted - A post-apocalyptic roguelite shooter where you fight freaks, gangs, and mutants with guns and improvished weapons
Summer 2016

Jawmuncher

With older titles has Adult Swim marketed them at all during their air time? I know they do with some of the mobile fare. Would be cool to see them doing that for their indie titles.

Regardless they are doing some great work thus far and it seems like they're not a bad pub to work with.

Corpekata

Banned
You've got their upcoming stuff but they already stood out with Volgarr the Viking, Super House of Dead Ninjas, and Jazzpunk.

With older titles has Adult Swim marketed them at all during their air time? I know they do with some of the mobile fare. Would be cool to see them doing that for their indie titles.

Regardless they are doing some great work thus far and it seems like they're not a bad pub to work with.
If I recall correctly I saw some for Volgarr.

Not gonna lie, Giant Boulder of Death for mobile phones is a really fun game. These ones look quite fun as well.

weird thinking of adult swim as a game publisher. Especially since CN has such a track record of shit games, except for a few actual gems.

Loved Jazzpunk last year, a couple more good games from them and they'll be on my radar like every Devolver release is. I listen to SuperPac on P1P and I often got the vibe that they're into web and mobile stuff but if they start doing more download games that's cool with me.

You forgot Volgarr, you fool!

Volgarr is probably the best game to come out of adult swim. Soooo good.

Edit: you remembered volgarr, but the images were broken :p fixed now.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I didn't realize they published Volgarr and Jazzpunk. Wow, so yeah, their line-up is even more impressive

Yep, quite a diverse publishing lineup, with a soft spot for amazing 16-bit era games it seems.

You forgot Volgarr, you fool!

Volgarr is probably the best game to come out of adult swim. Soooo good.

Yeah Volgarr is fantastic and I say that as someone who hasn't even beaten Stage 2 yet :lol. It's old school hard. Except more fair and you only die when you fuck up.

Tamanon

Banned

Oblitus has been advertised during Toonami from what I remember. I see them doing more ads for their games.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Super House of Dead Ninjas is really good. I like some of their phone stuff too. That f2p castle defense game is a guilty pleasure.

Sendou

Loving both what they and Devolver are doing. Impressive lineup indeed. I think in future we're going to see even more companies like these when it becomes harder and harder for indies to standout. It has a lot to do with Steam opening up the floodgates and consoles while far behind also have a significant amount of quality releases each month. So many games coming out some good games are bound to get pushed out of the spotlight.

vypek

The recent advertisements of Oblitus have made me really interested in them. Looks like they have some good stuff.

Adult Swim were known for putting out some of the best high quality flash games on their website. I played a lot of that Inuyasha Demon Tournament game which was a turn base tactical RPG fighter and Amateur Surgeon is great if you like Trauma Center games. Not surprised they want to branch out to indie games.

They advertise them pretty heavily as well. I was watching cable on vacation and at night I'd watch Adult Swim and they would show like 1 commercial for Oblitus every hour.

So far I'm pretty impressed with their output.

Mesoian

Don't call it comeback, AS has been here for years.

Neogaf really needs to embrace webm, this gif shit is killing me

Noclue

Neo Member
Wasn't Paranautical Activity supposed to be published by Adult Swim as well? I think there was a scandal with Steam not allowing them to get on steam and having to go through greenlight which made the PA devs drop the publishing deal, but I might be wrong.

Don't call it comeback, AS has been here for years.

Neogaf really needs to embrace webm, this gif shit is killing me
Yeah, they've always had great games, but they only recently started getting into the publishing side of things ala Devolver.

I hadn't heard of Death's Gambit before.

Why can't I kickstart all of these.

Edit: Oh wow, and Oblitus came out today. Why haven't I heard of it? Is it any good? The reviews aren't helpful because the only negative is someone who doesn't know how to use a PS4 controller.

Top Bottom