• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arthur's reaction to the incest couple still makes me laugh (RDR 2)

SJRB

Gold Member
I need a gif of the bit at 1:15 with Arthur just looking at the both of them. Comedy gold.

Kusarigama

That linked video is from Zanar aesthetic, which makes one of the most spoilery yt thumbnails and video titles. I immediately removed that video from my watch history list. Don't want to get video suggestions from that channel.

^totally off topic, I know.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It was always slightly overrated graphically.

I'd just love to know what other game was available on PS4 and Xbox One at the time that looked better. Must have been swathes of them if this one was slightly overrated.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I need a gif of the bit at 1:15 with Arthur just looking at the both of them. Comedy gold.
hagrZZ8.gif

Larxia

that game quickly aged graphically...
What, it's still the best looking game available today.
I mean the footage in this video is just interior with some NPCs, it's not the best demo for it I could agree on that, but the outsides environments are still the best there is in my opinion. What you might find mediocre in this video is something you would have thought the same 4 years ago most likely.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What, it's still the best looking game available today.
I mean the footage in this video is just interior with some NPCs, it's not the best demo for it I could agree on that, but the outsides environments are still the best there is in my opinion. What you might find mediocre in this video is something you would have thought the same 4 years ago most likely.
best looking game? Strongly disagree.

Seems more like it's your memory of it that has aged poorly.
Maybe. I was quite wowed at the time on ps4 slim.
I am still not saying it looks bad. Calm down people :p

yamaci17

game did not aged badly, it always looked blurry / washed out at 1080p / fake 4k "ps4 pro" claims to render at

the game truly shines at native 4K, which one x provides;

it still has one of the peak graphics of lastgen (and even crossgen) at 4K. simple as that.

if you want to take 1080p as a metric to measure how a game aged graphically, , then I'm sure a certain TLOU2 graphics lover here would not enjoy the below image caught on a base ps4

OuhmLxP.png

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Ghost of Tsushima easily looked better than the console versions of RDR2.

It's textures were always pretty muddy.

I'll ask again. What game was already out when RDR2 came out that looked better, not something that released almost two years later.

Ghost didn't look better anyway, it had a different visual aesthetic (which was lovely) but the graphical fidelity was absolutely not RDR2 standards. TLOU2 would have been a better answer but again, almost 2 years later.

CosmicComet

I'll ask again. What game was already out when RDR2 came out that looked better, not something that released almost two years later.
Oh?

Specifically had to be out already?

Sure. God of War 2018 came out months before RDR2 and already looked significantly better, especially in models and textures.

The Order came out like 3 years prior and blows RDR2 away.

Rise Son of Rome came out even before that and also blows RDR2 away.

If you want to restrict it to just open world comparisons, then Horizon Zero Dawn came out two years prior and looked signifcantly better in pretty much every way except facial animations.

And then just a short year after RDR2, Death Stranding came out and straight up annihilated RDR2. That game had moments where it was pretty much photo realistic. Whereas no one would ever confuse RDR2 with its poor looking vegetation and unimpressive texture work in general to be photo realistic at any point in the game--Good looking distance lighting and a perfect skybox were RDR2's strengths, but that wasn't enough to put it over several other games surrounding it.

Ghost didn't look better anyway, it had a different visual aesthetic (which was lovely) but the graphical fidelity was absolutely not RDR2 standards. TLOU2 would have been a better answer but again, almost 2 years later.
Yeah it did, on consoles GOT blew RDR2 out the water. I don't care what excuse is used such as the art style being what produced those visuals, but I will say comfortably looked way better than console RDR2.

I would put it as the prettiest PS4/Xbox1 era game.

AV

Did you play RDR2 on a Game Boy or something? I played almost everything on that list on a PS4 Pro and none of it quite compared to RDR2. Nothing did until TLOU2.

Edited a bit out, never mind. Games are all so close in terms of visual fidelity these days it's not worth the bother, agree to disagree

Last edited:

ikbalCO

That entire side quest was insane and one of the highlights of the game.

Crazy how you can actually miss it since you can only find this quest while exploring the world i believe.

serial killer side quest was also amazing.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
They really need a ps5 version of rdr2

Unfortunately for us the online did not generate trillions of dollars in revenue so rockstar didn't even care to patch the shitty ps4pro upscaling for ps5 users.

That being said, Rockstar has always treated RDR as a red headed stepchild since it's San Diego's game and not one of Edinburgh's darlings.

Top Bottom