• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Argentine TV Channel is Illegally Showing ‘The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)’. How will Nintendo react?

Guilty_AI

They’ll nuke the country.
the-nuke-explosion.gif

nush

here in uk there used to be chinese guys walking on the streets selling counterfit dvd's but they are nowhere to be seen this days it seems theyve also been defeated by the internet

It killed off the market in China too, there used to be many shops openly selling copies but as time went on to 2020 less and less remained in business and only old farts went in there to buy discs. Death blow was Covid. It shut down the last of them.

kingyala

Banned
I remember way back the first few years of DVD guys at the Metro station, including the drivers, would be selling bootleg movies or TV seasons on burned DVD-R's. Some even had movies on CD-R. Can't really do that now since internet is going to give you convenience and better quality than a camera with glare over the video.

Many computers these days removing the disc drives is only causing quicker death.

There was a time when bootleg VCR, CD, DVD were a thing but even a bad rip online is going to have better quality than those. To be perfectly honest kids these days have it good in poor communities or developing countries compared to the past.
yep thats whats happening,
It killed off the market in China too, there used to be many shops openly selling copies but as time went on to 2020 less and less remained in business and only old farts went in there to buy discs. Death blow was Covid. It shut down the last of them.
yea thats true cause most memories i have about covid in 2020 is being locked up with my friends drinking, smoking some doobies and watching films online, i bet even the dvd sellers was doing the same shit like me at that time.. and after a few doobies they must have realised they where fucked..:messenger_tears_of_joy:

gundalf

... then made the killing blow when LikSang was selling Asian PSP to western markets so its not as altruistic as you make it out to be.
Gald I'm not the only one who remembers and even eBay complied and removed PSP listing. It was so strange that Sony acted like the PSP was some kind of alien tech and shouldn't be available in the West until they say so,

God no hahah
Here's a better picture of him:

rb0ndD4.png
You people have it out for Che Guevara lol. I'm ignorant about his politics and what he actually did in Argentina, but I know his compatriot Fidel Castro was on everybody's hit list. Personally I just love the photograph, that blank and stone-faced expression he has on his face is something that resonates with me on so many levels. His expression betrays no emotion or vulnerability, it's simply present in the moment and that's incredibly powerful. Long live Guerrillero Heroico.

OCASM

Banned
You people have it out for Che Guevara lol. I'm ignorant about his politics and what he actually did in Argentina, but I know his compatriot Fidel Castro was on everybody's hit list. Personally I just love the photograph, that blank and stone-faced expression he has on his face is something that resonates with me on so many levels. His expression betrays no emotion or vulnerability, it's simply present in the moment and that's incredibly powerful. Long live Guerrillero Heroico.
A mass murderer. That's your idol.

A mass murderer. That's your idol.
Who said he was my idol? I said in the previous post that I simply love the photograph, I have no idea about Che's political or military campaigns. I did watch some of the movie adaptation with Beneico Del Toro and the resemblance was uncanny:

59aa3c8dfcf30cab3272873e20316c08.jpg

Well, if you ignore all the innocent people he killed with his 'revolution', then sure, nice person ;)

OCASM

Banned
Who said he was my idol? I said in the previous post that I simply love the photograph, I have no idea about Che's political or military campaigns. I did watch some of the movie adaptation with Beneico Del Toro and the resemblance was uncanny:

59aa3c8dfcf30cab3272873e20316c08.jpg
I'm sure you can find cool pictures of other men who don't happen to be shitstains. Just saying.

Last edited:
I'm sure you can find cool pictures of other men who don't happen to be shitstains. Just saying.
But that one is iconic and the expression alone makes me like it. Regardless, we’re getting off topic and need to return to the Super Mario movie.

ClosBSAS

as an argentine...let me tell you....nintendo cant do jack shit. they can try, but argentina in this kind of stuff is king. nothing will happen to the channel.

ManaByte

Gold Member
If Yamauchi were still alive there’d be a Yakuza infiltration of Argentina and that TV station owner would never walk again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom