• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archive and Spoiler-Free Thread: E3 2016

Ensirius

I always come to neogaf for this thread come E3.
Thank you for the work you do for us folks who will not be able to watch every stream live.

Kadin

Thanks so much for doing this! This will be my first e3 in a while where I won't be able to watch the streams live. To summarize, if I simply bookmark the Google link in the OP and check that when I get home late Monday night, I should see links to the various conferences and watch them however I'd like?

Volotaire

Thanks so much for doing this! This will be my first e3 in a while where I won't be able to watch the streams live. To summarize, if I simply bookmark the Google link in the OP and check that when I get home late Monday night, I should see links to the various conferences and watch them however I'd like?

Yep! You can bookmark the Google link or the thread, but the Google Sheet link will be updated quicker because its easier for me and GAF is sometimes unstable during E3. Please allow 10-15 minutes after each conference for me to fully update the links of the relevant conference. It also depends on how quickly outlets archive, let's say GB archives their reaction stream (which has take quite a long time in some years) if you're looking for reaction streams.

Moreover, something like Youtube Gaming will only be archived after ALL the conferences because they archive the whole stream in one 8-10 hour chunk.

Kadin

Yep! You can bookmark the Google link or the thread, but the Google Sheet link will be updated quicker because its easier for me and GAF is sometimes unstable during E3. Please allow 10-15 minutes after each conference for me to fully update the links of the relevant conference. It also depends on how quickly, let's say GB archives their reaction stream (which has take quite a long time in some years) if you're looking for reaction streams.
Awesome... you rock! I hate that I'll miss it live but it'll be pretty much live to me thanks to your work. GAF community is best community.

I think this thread should be a 'Sticky Thread'

I found it quite hard to find this thread and it's quite well hidden imo

More people might benefit from this? Thread is VERY useful

Kadin

I think this thread should be a 'Sticky Thread'

I found it quite hard to find this thread and it's quite well hidden imo

More people might benefit from this? Thread is VERY useful
Yeah I was surprised to see it wasn't linked in the OP of the main e3 sticky but I guess because it's a spoiler-free thread, that's why?

Volotaire

I think I'll provide a link to the GB #TheDrive because why not haha.

It seems like I am running out on the character count consistently (I have already had to move the E3 story!) so I might have to move some more elements in the OP to post 4 in this thread.

wouwie

Thanks for doing this.

For the first time in years, i'm not taking time off on tuesday due to work. Usually, i'd stay up and watch all conferences, including Sony, which happens at 3 in the morning. It won't be the same as watching live but i'll be watching the conference after work on tuesday. Which also means i need to stay off the internet that day.

I bookmarked the google docs page. Also, this thread seems rather hard to find on neogaf. I got here via the official E3 2016 thread.

Thanks for this! I've been a lurker for a while, registered a few months ago and finally validated today. A whisker away from E3!

Gotta bookmark this thread, I have to work during Nintendo's stuff :(

Volotaire

ibn Saïd;206434085 said:
Thanks for this! I've been a lurker for a while, registered a few months ago and finally validated today. A whisker away from E3!

Gotta bookmark this thread, I have to work during Nintendo's stuff :(

Welcome to GAF!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ah ha! i have found the spoiler free thread. Good folk every year make this thread. WIll use Monday cause work. Will miss MS and maybe UBI.

Thank you OP for this thread! I was just thinking how I could go on the Internet and watch the conferences on a later date without getting spoiled.
For people in Europe, it's quite hard to watch all the conferences in real-time, especially Bethesda.

Volotaire

A note I have just realised. For posters who are using this thread/Google Sheet on mobile, although I have used YouTube links in the thread and Google Sheet that are supposed to fill up the screen, this does not work on mobile since it opens up the YT mobile app. A word of warning to those who are using it this way!

Raimond

So if I miss a conference by an hour or two, this is my go to thread? In past few years, I've notice I either watch them live or I won't be able to watch a press conference in full until several hours later. :(

Volotaire

So if I miss a conference by an hour or two, this is my go to thread? In past few years, I've notice I either watch them live or I won't be able to watch a press conference in full until several hours later. :(

If they are finished when you miss them + 15 mins after the conference, then yes for the Goggle Sheet (may be slightly longer on the thread).

witness

Gonna keep my mobile browser right here as I don't think I can watch the EA show live today. Thank you for this thread!

My shift today starts at the same time as the EA conference, unfortunately. I'll be coming back here in a bit.

Should be able to catch everything else live, though. I even requested tomorrow off. First time I've had to do that, but I'm not missing E3!

Volotaire

EA conference is 10 minutes late as of now, could be more, please take that into consideration when looking for archives.

Volotaire

Ok I have got on the Google Sheet: Twitch, a poor YT archive because no one else even EA has got one, Gamespt/IGN/GB /EasyALlies Twitch, IGN YT (cutoff). Now going to copy into the thread again.

Volotaire

Thread and Sheet in tandem.

Waiting on : IGN website, gamespot (website), GB (website and YT), and a much better YT video WITHOUT commentary (come on someone out there!)

Volotaire

Ok ETA for each conference form now on: 15-30 minutes Google Sheet and longer on the thread - this is taking longer than I thought + YT archives without commentary seem to be scarce.

Top Bottom