• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Vision Pro to have 100 arcade games on day one, partnering with Unity.

LordOfChaos

Promising "just a start", I tried Arcade a few times but it's still typically mobile/gaming lite fare, I hope to see something really taking full advantage of M2 in this thing, I hope Apple is funding larger games like that

Trunx81

Promising "just a start", I tried Arcade a few times but it's still typically mobile/gaming lite fare, I hope to see something really taking full advantage of M2 in this thing, I hope Apple is funding larger games like that
Arcade is shitty for it´s price tag, but some games aren´t that bad. Hey, they got Limbo now! You know, that years old indy game?

LordOfChaos

Arcade is shitty for it´s price tag, but some games aren´t that bad. Hey, they got Limbo now! You know, that years old indy game?
Even as a gacha which is the type of thing Arcade avoids by being paid, Star Rail has been far more compelling than anything exclusive on there, apart from the years old PC ports like Limbo

I just hope Apple funds more exclusives to take advantage of their very powerful platforms

Fredrik

Fantasian is fantastic. Wonderbox is neat too and that would probably work great for map building on Vision Pro.
So that’s 2… What else is there that is worth talking about?

Robb

Gold Member
Over 100 Apple Arcade games
Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

Trunx81

Fantasian is fantastic. Wonderbox is neat too and that would probably work great for map building on Vision Pro.
So that’s 2… What else is there that is worth talking about?
Only heard that Fantasian get´s quite hard really quick, so I didn´t try it out yet. I got arcade due to my brother paying for it in family. Solitair+ is my most played game from the service.

Amory

Even as a gacha which is the type of thing Arcade avoids by being paid, Star Rail has been far more compelling than anything exclusive on there, apart from the years old PC ports like Limbo

I just hope Apple funds more exclusives to take advantage of their very powerful platforms
I think Arcade pretty much represents Apple's aspirations as a gaming platform. They'd rather get their monthly $5 from everyone for mobile-tier games than $20 from a smaller population and have to produce larger experiences.

At the leadership level I don't think they understand or care very much about video games. It's just something to do for a few minutes on a bus or whatever.

Fredrik

Only heard that Fantasian get´s quite hard really quick, so I didn´t try it out yet. I got arcade due to my brother paying for it in family. Solitair+ is my most played game from the service.
Go play it asap, boss fights are definitely a challenge but if you like old school FF7 it’s as close as you can get these days, visuals are unique and really good, the story is fairly entertaining as well.

It will never become a mainstream gaming headset without controllers.
It's not a gaming headset, it just can also do games.
Well, they haven't even mentioned VR gaming with a single word.
They actually avoided the terms VR and Metaverse as well.
Hand/finger tracking, even when done well (it already works pretty good on Quest, although I'm sure Apple's implementation will be even better), simply sucks for most types of games.
Correct, but that is why Apple showed the games in the presentation being played in a Dual Sense controller. The reason why Apple is probably starting with AR display games first is so they can have hundreds of games ready for launch than work on VR games.

Since it's likely though unconfirmed that Apple will force developers of VR games to allow the option to play their games with swipes and gestures, that's probably why we didn't see a single game in the presentation using them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom