• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anti-LGBT organizations giddy over Trump/Pence administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Let them all come out of the woodwork people, lure them out. Punish them all in the pockets (especially the businesses where you can).

Let them try to sustain their businesses with hate money, they can't do it.

I'd have some small respect for them if they just admit they want to freely kill LGBT people out in the open. Fuck it. You know you don't look at them as human beings. Don't hide it.

Anarky

Banned
I honestly really don't wanna hear any more shit from white moderates about how we gotta "empathize and respect" bigots opinions when millions of lives have just been supremely fucked.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
And this is why LGBT people are "overreacting" and can't "enjoy what they have for now".

Every single one of these organizations, plus more, and southern state governments, is going to be fasttracking lawsuits, petitions, and proposed laws at lightning speed the moment Trump is in office. LGBT persons are going to be under constant attack from now into perpetuity so long as the GOP controls the government. That is what the core GOP stands for, people need to drop pretenses of not understanding that.

And if you still don't get "why the hate", besides religion it is pure culture war. LGBT persons represent the antithesis of an imaginary 1950s Leave It to Beaver America. Giving them recognition and rights undermines conditioning Americans to believe they may only live in a very narrowly defined way that supports conservative control of culture.

So despite the fact that it seems insane and nonsensical for these fuckers to care about sexuality and gender, they are OBSESSED with it. LGBT recognition is a symbol for them to attack, practically a holy crusade. Something that, if they "defeat" it, they can feel back in control of the social fabric of a nation.

If you're LGBTQ make plans to move to a progressive state. If you can't, make plans to move to the largest city or college town in your current state. And if you can't do that form the tightest circle of friends you can and look out for each other. You're not alone and you never will be, lots of people will fight for you. Please don't forget that.

faisal233

So this girl at school posted that bullshit story with Trump and the LGBT flag. I replied back with a link to the GOP platform and quoted verbatim. An hour later she deleted the whole post...

Jeels

I know a trans person who voted Trump because they hated brown people.

I hope they are proud of themselves...

So this girl at school posted that bullshit story with Trump and the LGBT flag. I replied back with a link to the GOP platform and quoted verbatim. An hour later she deleted the whole post...

if only you'd reached out and tried to understand instead of lashing out with mean facts

it's your fault the healing hasn't started

This is why the second amendment exists. I'm not saying you need to even buy ammunition, but you should have a gun. This allows us to pressure local areas and often times the federal government itself.

Let me make myself clear -- We don't need VIOLENT protest. That will do nothing but turn the social tide further against us.

But we SHOULD use ARMED protest. If nothing else, but to defend ourselves.

Steel

Banned
This is why the second amendment exists. I'm not saying you need to even buy ammunition, but you should have a gun. This allows us to pressure local areas and often times the federal government itself.

Let me make myself clear -- We don't need VIOLENT protest. That will do nothing but turn the social tide further against us.

Just... No.

This is why the gop pushes dems around. Because we aren't taking advantage of the 2nd amendment, because 'we must get rid of the 2nd amendment'.

If you're a liberal and you're afraid, you should probably buy a gun. Exercise your right to. If nothing else, for self defense.

Aiustis

A little to dark for that tbh.

A little to dark for that tbh.

I don't believe so. In a world where his the GOP's anti-LGBT hatred is legitimized, defending yourself is more important than ever.

In a world where they control everything they need to not only treat you as less than human but legislate you that way, ALL protest is more important than ever.

Do I think it will be as bad as the civil rights era? Probably not. Nobody is going to sic dogs on us,they're not going to flay flesh with high pressure water hoses. But if we want to ENSURE that doesn't happen...then we need to be armed while protesting.

Kilvas

Sorry, but how many armed people in a protest would it take for their to be one idiot? Not only endangering their life, but the people around them. Even most cops would rather shoot someone before taking a punch. You just don't know how someone is going to react.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
This isn't about Trump its about these awful hate groups.

No, people don't get to walk this back with talk like "it's not the politicians emboldening and enabling hateful people, it's just these awful people we can't explain."

Trump and the GOP were the ones getting up on stages and shouting "take it back", "no political correctness", and ranting about the return to traditional american values. By this point anyone that doesn't know what that means to radical conservative groups is being dishonest.

These people are salivating over Trump and Pence for a reason. Pence in particular is symbolic that the GOP hears them and is sympathetic to their goals. Their goals are enshrined in official GOP policy. Pence has stated openly they're rolling back every LGBT protection they can.

Sorry, but how many armed people in a protest would it take for their to be one idiot? Not only endangering their life, but the people around them. Even most cops would rather shoot someone before taking a punch. You just don't know how someone is going to react.

The way I see it, there's two choices. Protest, don't get covered, ARMED protest, and get covered out of fear alone.

If you don't want to do that, when they pass anti-LGBT legislation, you'll at least have a chance to get refugee status in other countries. But if we don't ensure we get heard, and safely, we won't effect real change. We just LET them walk all over us.

WetWaffle

This is just fucking sick, the day same-sex marriage was passed,there was so much joy throughout the country, I don't even remember a recent event that compares to it. They want to deny people their happiness(or fucking rights) just because of what they're attracted to?

DavidDesu

This is why the gop pushes dems around. Because we aren't taking advantage of the 2nd amendment, because 'we must get rid of the 2nd amendment'.

If you're a liberal and you're afraid, you should probably buy a gun. Exercise your right to. If nothing else, for self defense.

Using arms as an intimidation tactic (sure sounded like that from the poster you replied to) and that being a part of your democratic process seems even more fucked up than the fact that Trump won. Mental. America.

Hatty

The man chose Mike Pence as his running mate, why would anyone think Trump is a secret supporter of LGBT?

Garlador

An old, dusty book.

That they don't even follow. "Love your enemies, do good to those that persecute, pray for those that harm you."

"They will know we are Christians by our love."

"Let all that you do be done in love."

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

They cling to a book that they don't even read and refuse to take to heart.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea not going to unify and join hands with the kind of people who gleefully cannot wait to take away people's rights and make it legal to discriminate against them and mistreat them.

They're not interested in joining hands with LGBT people. 'Sinners' don't deserve shit according to them other than to be stomped out.

Using arms as an intimidation tactic (sure sounded like that from the poster you replied to) and that being a part of your democratic process seems even more fucked up than the fact that Trump won. Mental. America.

Normally, it's NOT part of the democratic process.

But the democratic process has put the lives and rights of millions of people in jeopardy.

It's there as a counterbalance. It shouldn't get used until necessary. People didn't vote, so now many are at the mercy of people who believe we are subhuman. Do you think I WANT to do that? They might not be leaving us a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom