• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem Update

Allandor

So I tried Anthem again.
Well, it is a bit better now. But if you buy some epic equipment from the ship with the Ingame currency you get items in the beginning that feel like cheating.
Now I'm more or less invulnerable and make one shot kills.
OK might be that I am wearing lvl 56+ equipment with a lvl 6 char. But it feels really strange now. As if they never thought a low level char would buy that stuff.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
wow so it’s going to be a reboot huh. I loved the flying around and skill use, looking forward to the relaunch. Maybe that can show the avenger guys what they need to do to get that turd to float too.

Aion002

wow so it’s going to be a reboot huh. I loved the flying around and skill use, looking forward to the relaunch. Maybe that can show the avenger guys what they need to do to get that turd to float too.
Me too.

It has some cool things in between a messed and incomplete game. I finished the story and I have some fond memories of it. A PS5 version, completed and polished, running at 60 frames would be incredible.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Me too.

It has some cool things in between a messed and incomplete game. I finished the story and I have some fond memories of it. A PS5 version, completed and polished, running at 60 frames would be incredible.

yeah I played it on Xbox one x, would Have to restart on PC but prob for the best since it looks like they are redoing everything.

Abilities not being linked to items is a good start. I remember not being able to move on to higher tiers because I couldn't get the skill I want from a gear with a higher level and it took forever to grind it out. Avengers is still blundering along putting gameplay defining skills on random drops so I'm glad at least one of these companies learned.

Anyway I know I'll just get my heart broken again but I'll come back. There's just nothing else that scratches that Colossus itch. I though playing as Hulk in Avengers could but that turned out even worse than Anthem.

Esca

If be willing to give Anthem another shot. I love flying around and the gameplay was decent from what I can remember. Didn't care much for the campaign iirc

dead wink martindale GIF

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Uhh, there's no need for speculative articles or tweets...:

Lanrutcon

There was no way to salvage this and make it profitable without a substantial financial investment. It's obvious they don't want to spend money saving Anthem, and really, who can blame them?

Kenpachii

Like what's the point? the game has no subscription service i believe, most people already get there keys for peanuts that are interested. It's just going to lose them money for no return.

Last edited:
Top Bottom