• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

Karmic Raze

Anyone else watching SK8 the Infinity? I’ve watched the first 2 episodes thus far and I’m loving it. Never seen an anime focusing on skateboarding before, so it’s pretty fresh material for me. Langa and Reki are both really enjoyable as characters. I can’t wait to watch more!

Cutty Flam

Banned
Here is something I never thought about

Did Germa 66 die on Whole Cake Island? They looked determined to face Big Mom. They’re tough enough to give it a try. And chances of getting away are slim, Mugiwara Pirates barely escaped with help. Germa 66 could have just flown away immediately with their advanced technology so I’m guessing they stood their ground and either got taken prisoner, killed, possibly at least one got away? I have no idea, but it looked like it was all in vain to me. They wanted revenge, Judge lost his pride already, his operation and dream was basically shattered at WCI when he was crying helplessly at the Tea Party From Hell. He realized how weak he is in comparison to an Emperor of the Sea. Totally misjudged and underestimated how ruthless a Yonko can be

My guess is that they died, personally. That or some are captured in a similar book that Luffy and Nami were held prisoner in

Karmic Raze

So, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Season 2 was officially announced. Pretty hyped about that. I can’t wait for the videogame too. I watched a video and it plays a lot like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games which isn’t a bad thing at all. I loved those games.

Paltheos

This season's watchlist for me is Attack on Titan, Re: Zero, and Higurashi Gou. I'd rank them in that order too. Except for the last episode, AoT's been excellent throughout. Re: Zero's been a little shaky with how it's been spending its time but next episode might actually move the plot forward. Higurashi Gou's kind of a joke at this point - not nearly as well-thought out as the original, or as interesting, or as good-looking either (I IDed the style after a couple episodes - it resembles Monogatari character designs?), or as good-sounding =/

Read all of Chainsaw Man in a day last week. Very fun time. The hype's on point for it. It moves at a very brisk pace and it never pulls its punches. Most of the jokes are great and though the art is usually rough when Fujimoto wants to he can put out some awesome looking spreads. A few of the pages for Darkness Demon are seared in my mind for how fucking mental they are.

The next day I decide, "Hey, I'll check out that Demon Slayer show," and was... pretty darn bored, by comparison (not 'disappointed' since I'd had allot of negative feedback but it is a megahit so I wanted to check it out!). It's pretty bog standard shounen. ufotable's amazing production values lift the show up a bit but 4 episodes in I'm not very impressed. I came to the conclusion around episode 3 that this thing could actually be decent if around 50% of the dialogue was cut out - Just let the production do the heavy lifting. Problems in the dialogue include needless repetitiveness (I don't need you to tell me why you're having trouble breathing when I can see you're gasping and you've already thought 'the air is thin'), specificity (I didn't need you to tell me those kids are dead - I could infer they were ghosts and the show makes this abundantly clear via more dialogue in the very next episode and the ambiguity leaves more things to simmer in my mind), and stupidity (why is the swordsman the protag just met giving a self-righteous tirade and not just dealing with the demon).

Worst line in those first 4 episodes goes to generic demon who grew hands out of his head after being decapitated. After being stuck to a tree, he remarks, out loud, that he can't break free because he had tied his hair around protag's axe which is now stuck in a tree. He speaks out loud that he's trapped, then surprisingly calmly explains his reasoning to no one in particular, and no visual cue in particular is provided that he's even struggling to break free (apparently he can manipulate his hair to begin with so why is it not moving at all in this shot). There's no cut either to close-in on a struggle either - Just this one static-shot. There's other stupid shit too like how protag's sister conveniently falls to sleep for two years for no apparent reason, but I could just list them.

VN1X

Banned
7 eps into Re: Zero season 2 (part 1) and I have no fucking clue why this is heralded as a masterpiece.

The animation/production quality is piss poor at times with characters looking like they might as well be stick figures in some scenes (honestly for a show with a limited runtime the low effort of the drawings is baffling sometimes). And when the production doesn't suffer it's just a bunch of one dimensional characters shouting at each other because... reasons? Honestly I have no clue what is going on or where this is supposed to go and that's coming from someone who has seen season 1 as well.

The only reason I am continuing is because I have a morbid curiosity to find out what other annoying and grating characters it will introduce lol. Can't wait to be done with it and binge Dr.Stone and the rest of Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan and Wonder Egg Priority.

Shouta

Yeah, a lot of more the newer anime fans highly regard Re:Zero for whatever reason.

It has tons of problems though and the series is really propelled by its mystery/thriller angle that keeps you engaged in the various arcs. If you were to take it away, it definitely is very lacking in a lot of areas.

Dunki

Reedo of healer 6.

Man these people are fucked up the hero seems even sane compared to the other ones. He even has morals and rules he does not want to break.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Turning people into sex thralls with no personality of themselves is having morals?

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I want to know what kind of school has a prison if no one ever caused a minor injury to someone else, who else did they put in that prison? Also
Its Umineko time
hwt9w3.png

Regis

Peak female lead gonna have her big fight tomorrow, man, Noelle has grown a lot

npvzhs8fdzi61.jpg

Btw, this is how Vanica looked in the last episode:

JSST7g1.jpg

BIG CHANGE

maxresdefault.jpg

KielCasto

That’s Beware the Villainess, isn’t it? It’s easily recommendable to people who might want to try Korean comics.
Although, I dropped it at ~30-ish chapters when I got tired of her shtick.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
New interview from Ryukishi, apparently that is not Featherine, but someone resembling her. Ciconia knowledge maybe needed on top of Umineko to understand not-Featherine.
IZ0CjC.png
IZ0Uxi.png

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
It is possible that Luffy will return to

Whole Cake Island one day, if something goes wrong or something unexpected happens and Big Mom is not defeated/killed in Wano. Listen to 14 min onward

Labolas

Anyone watching jujutsu Kaisen? Animation is top and I’m enjoying it quite a bit. Though I would like to see more of the Main characters evil side.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've just caught up. It is a quality show that I feel is held back by some of its shonen aspects. I actually liked the side characters (Nanami and Todo) way more than the main ones( Fushiguro and Itadori), but they aren't annoying or overbearing like other shonen series. Mappa did a terrific job with this series so far.

Plus, its first ED song is a killer:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Last chapter of One Piece was really good. I like how it went down and now Sanji

Will be heading to the main fight where the bulk of the best pirates among the Worst Generation are fighting Kaido and Big Mom. This is interesting because I think Sanji was worthy of being listed as a Supernova at the time. He’s basically that tier. Let’s see what he can do versus a Yonko. He knows Big Mom first hand. Had spent the most time in close proximity to her so Sanji has a feel for this already going in. I think the fact that Doflamingo noted Sanji’s strength proves he belongs fighting there at the rooftop of Onigashima with the rest of the Captains and Vice Captains of the Worst Generation. Glad to see Oda deciding to pull him from the Black Maria (of the Tobiroppp / Flying Six) and position him in something much more exciting. Pretty much perfect setup to introduce Robin to a formidable foe. It was done in excellent fashion. And what’s more is that Nico Robin and Brook had a similar opponent in Thriller Bark versus the Spider Monkey (lulz) so they sort of have a bit of experience leaning into this fight versus Black Maria. Just a tiny bit, but I thought I’d point it out

Interesting how Marco the Phoenix is calm enough while engaged in battle with King to comment on the Straw Hats’ liveliness as a crew. Can’t wait to see more of that fight as well. King in general is too strong to not get the limelight in this raid. I still think he’s going to realize eventually that Marco is holding him back and his attention will at some point be to help Kaido atop Onigashima. Eventually Marco and King will be atop Onigashima fighting with the rest is what I’m thinking will happen at some point

Also can’t wait to see what the Big Mom Pirates are doing. We still need to see Wanda and Carrot versus Perospero. And besides him, there are 15 other underlings of Big Mom’s who are up to something...

Jack the Drought about to confront the nearly dead 9 Red Scabbards...Would love to see that one mystery helper of the Samurai go berserk on him but I think Yamato will be the one to kill Jack

MastaKiiLA

WTF happened to Attack on Titan?
How can an ending feel this rushed, when Isayama had years to prepare for this? The story has fallen apart since Chapter 123. The final battle has been so nonsensical, and we've spent exactly zero time from the perspective of the main character whose perspective the first 122/123 chapters were told from. Just 1 more chapter to go, but this has been a major disappointment. It's making the end of Naruto look like a literary masterpiece in comparison. I'm expecting to hear in the months and years after it concludes, that Isayama contracted some insane illness, or was forced to end the manga by a certain chapter number, so he just chucked out the story he had planned, and threw a bunch of shit on paper that would look cool while animated. I imagine the episodes will look nice, while making fuck all sense.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Konosuba is pretty fun. The mc despite being a seemingly willful virgin he's at least not a total puss. Team Darkness forever

GIF by Swaps4

Top Bottom