• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

alf717

When adding ramps and bridges does that help with your island rating and do the more expensive ones aid towards a higher rate? I haven't added a single ramp yet but I have a couple of spots setup for them I'm just trying to save money.

I hope we get a storage update at some point. I already hammered the 1600 available spots. I might make a new character just to have access to more space. Its a shame the game has so many items of clothing and furniture but not enough space to store it all. Or maybe I should just stop being a hoarder. 😆

Last edited:
When adding ramps and bridges does that help with your island rating and do the more expensive ones aid towards a higher rate? I haven't added a single ramp yet but I have a couple of spots setup for them I'm just trying to save money.

I hope we get a storage update at some point. I already hammered the 1600 available spots. I might make a new character just to have access to more space. Its a shame the game has so many items of clothing and furniture but not enough space to store it all. Or maybe I should just stop being a hoarder. 😆

going more expensive is not really something that is reported to help but Isabelle is looking for something on every inch of your island so if villagers can walk there and use whatever you place down that should help if you are trying to get to 5 rank

if you flood your island with flowers you get to 5 stars faster but be sure to pick up trash

Pimpbaa

This game is totally ageist. Where are the balding hair styles and beards?! Fucking villagers are walking on my flowers again! Get off my lawn!

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Man the bug nerf is real. Had flick on my island for the first time tonight and couldn’t really form bugs anywhere. Not a tarantula in sight tonight :(

jts

...hate me...
Man the bug nerf is real. Had flick on my island for the first time tonight and couldn’t really form bugs anywhere. Not a tarantula in sight tonight :(
Also noticed fewer tarantulas lately tbh but I never go on a frenzy when Flick or CJ are around. I just store all fish and bugs until they come. At least until storage becomes a bigger problem.

Impotaku

The waterscaping terraforming tool is so much fun to use, finally realised the idea that i had sitting in my head for weeks for the town square, it's the first thing you see as you arrive from the airport and it's the reason i wanted the moai head so badly as it's the focal point for my town as well as the mascot. Took a while to get it all set up but that's one small corner done, it's about time i properly started to work on my island instead of obsessively amassing items and cash. Will work on a section at a time then slowly link them together with paths till the island is complete.

MZbAKQN.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This game is totally ageist. Where are the balding hair styles and beards?! Fucking villagers are walking on my flowers again! Get off my lawn!
This is a game in where disgusting animals force children to work to pay off their mortgages. Not that many balding children in the world I believe.

Thurible

Got 5 stars and received the receipe for a gold water can. Does anyone know where to get red roses? I want to make some gold roses.

Got 5 stars and received the receipe for a gold water can. Does anyone know where to get red roses? I want to make some gold roses.

they show up at nooks later in the year unless you have a town that has them early but with Leif around it makes it easier to buy in town.

or you'll have to make friends with those who has them I would invite you over but my nooks is not selling them today you'll want to start with seeds since they are pure red

Daisy buys my wasp for 3k just when I was thinking about going to get bells to go find Redd
but netting wasp like crazy since I learned the proper way to shake those trees from reddit

ebevan91

Decisions, decisions...

I just found Zucker on an island after I had someone move out, and I really want him, but at the same time I don't really want another octopus since I already have Octavian. I think I might move on and try for one of the villagers I had in New Leaf.

alf717

Oh boy I got burned this week with turnips. I'm trying my luck with turnip exchange to see if I can make a profit.

Gorki247

Decisions, decisions...

I just found Zucker on an island after I had someone move out, and I really want him, but at the same time I don't really want another octopus since I already have Octavian. I think I might move on and try for one of the villagers I had in New Leaf.
Had the same happen yesterday. Found Zucker and was really tempted, but already have Octavian and quite like him. Trying to avoid two of the same species. Still have two cats, so probably will get rid of one of them soon (or both and replace with another one).

ebevan91

Had the same happen yesterday. Found Zucker and was really tempted, but already have Octavian and quite like him. Trying to avoid two of the same species. Still have two cats, so probably will get rid of one of them soon (or both and replace with another one).

I went ahead and got him. I have like 4 birds and would like to get rid of one or 2 of them so I'll just try again for another villager later.

jts

...hate me...
It’s almost annoying to play during a meteor shower. Can hardly do anything else.

Also, a chessboard for 95k bells??? Come on now.

edit: I guess no point in farming wishes that long since there seems to be a low max limit per day

Last edited:
with need a card game cheat because I don't like losing to animals at the campsite they have been showing up a lot more lately

unfortunately they keep picking my favorite villagers to replace when I ask them to move in so I have to stop them

jts

...hate me...
Ahhh, that huge manila clam farming paid off big time and, with a bit of rain by the pier, caught not only one, but a bunch of Blue Marlins (and other cool ones) and now I’m done for the month.

So what are the best characters to have as neighbours on your island?
Why would you ask something like that with nearly 400 different answers? They don't have fighting stats to make one best over the other.
If you are new to the series you'll love your first villagers but as you meet new ones you'll learn to regret meeting some of them and some you will hate. It is not something someone else can tell you.

Unless you want to follow the popularity contests many top 20 to top 100 youtube videos out there remember you are limited to 10 at a time.
youtubers spend nearly a month looking for Raymond my end game is Judy finding yours is part of the fun

make a wish list

a wiki has more info on each character than the above site

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Last edited:

drganon

Gotta say, the upgraded nooks cranny is awesome. First day they're open they got a cool couch and this LCD TV. The couch was over 4 grand, but that tv was almost 100! The bells I spent could've been towards my loan or the ramp I'm trying to build, but that tv was just too cool to pass up.

gela94

Why would you ask something like that with nearly 400 different answers? They don't have fighting stats to make one best over the other.
If you are new to the series you'll love your first villagers but as you meet new ones you'll learn to regret meeting some of them and some you will hate. It is not something someone else can tell you.

Unless you want to follow the popularity contests many top 20 to top 100 youtube videos out there remember you are limited to 10 at a time.
youtubers spend nearly a month looking for Raymond my end game is Judy finding yours is part of the fun

make a wish list

a wiki has more info on each character than the above site
I thought that maybe there is some consensus which ones are the most amusing or something.

LoveCake

So what are the best characters to have as neighbours on your island?

Have you played a AC game before, if so are there any villagers that you liked in the previous games?

If you have not played a AC game before are there any certain animals you like?

RaptorGTA

So Redds ship stop in for me...but all four art pieces are fakes. Least from what I can tell..anyone else had this happen? I thought one of them always had to be real.

Top Bottom