• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

the new fake art are harder to tell fake from real some stuff are changed from New Leaf so those guides can only take you so far

Last edited:
there has to be a lot of anti-cheat or anti-cheese in this update
normally bank rate was 99,999 max now it is 9,999 smh

for some reason even with Time Travel can't find Redd again.

May Day tickets are not showing up

Pimpbaa

Friend list swap post:

Mista: 1032-8884-4034
Forsythia: 5671-3516-3609
Mcjmetroid: 0658-1443-9894
Hinedorf: 6527-9991-0593
T-Square: 8004 4534 8426
PhoReal: 0544 3090 5537
Cormack12: 5000-4553-8054
Nephew: 2749-2137-5791

You guys still swapping friend codes? Cause I need a bunch of fruits...as in the ones that grow on trees (I have pears, peaches, and cherries). CrustyNoob: 4385-2176-3807 is my friend code.

jts

...hate me...
there has to be a lot of anti-cheat or anti-cheese in this update
normally bank rate was 99,999 max now it is 9,999 smh

for some reason even with Time Travel can't find Redd again.

May Day tickets are not showing up
I don’t know about the rest but I think for seasonal events (such as May Day I guess) it has been confirmed before that the game will make online checks or something. Was already the case for Bunny Day IIRC.

Collete

I do have some extra bamboo recipes if you want them (Bamboo-shoot lamp, Noodle slide, Bamboo-grove wall, Light rug, Basket pack, Stopblock).
I would love if you could give them to me :O
Since I'm a new villager technically, remember to delete my old Animal Crossing data as they are not the same person anymore, and my old and new town and character names are identical (Switch code is still there though)

PM when we can do a swap! (Also I have apples and oranges on my island, do you need any of them? And a tulip surprise box recipe)

i think you can "transfer" the villagers via local play...

The problem is my Switch can't do anything even via local, something internal busted it that anything in short range, even local doesn't work.

(Even if it did work, my fiance wouldn't give Sherb or Julian to me over his dead body because he now loves them lol xD)

I don't keep the recipes around since you can't store them but if I do TT back to that time I will keep you in mind and send them out your way.

Thank you, Smiles :D

Can I visit some time so we're registered on each other's phones?
But I guess first you need to delete my old profile from your phone (Since my character and town name are virtually identical and don't want you to get them confused)

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
WHERE THE FUCK IS REDD??

you you sly fox you

giphy.gif

I would love if you could give them to me :O
Since I'm a new villager technically, remember to delete my old Animal Crossing data as they are not the same person anymore, and my old and new town and character names are identical (Switch code is still there though)

PM when we can do a swap! (Also I have apples and oranges on my island, do you need any of them? And a tulip surprise box recipe)

The problem is my Switch can't do anything even via local, something internal busted it that anything in short range, even local doesn't work.

(Even if it did work, my fiance wouldn't give Sherb or Julian to me over his dead body because he now loves them lol xD)

Thank you, Smiles :D

Can I visit some time so we're registered on each other's phones?
But I guess first you need to delete my old profile from your phone (Since my character and town name are virtually identical and don't want you to get them confused)

oh right forgot about that part, are the friendcodes different or same account?

I'll have to delete things from AC when I wake up I need sleep been up too long nearly 6am

\

jts

...hate me...
So now because I have started the day before updating, even if I restart after the update I don't get Leif or Redd today? wtf

Or maybe because my Nook's is closed for renovation. Either way, it's weird to see that banner on the Miles+ goals but not the actual goals.

So now because I have started the day before updating, even if I restart after the update I don't get Leif or Redd today? wtf

Or maybe because my Nook's is closed for renovation. Either way, it's weird to see that banner on the Miles+ goals but not the actual goals.

these types of things happen at the worst time. without time travel the whole intro to Redd and Art takes 3 days anyway so you just added an extra day.

How do you obtain different colours of the Nook Miles items; like the lighthouse? Mine is just plain white.

trading with other islands I wish they would just rotate the colors instead of forcing you to trade with friends

my lighthouse is white and blue stripe

why can't I sleep T_T

spent all night trying to find Redd for a 3rd time no clue how to get him to show up again now I can't sleep yet I am super tired

jts

...hate me...
these types of things happen at the worst time. without time travel the whole intro to Redd and Art takes 3 days anyway so you just added an extra day.
Dang it! I'm already getting one or two extra days to get Nook's Cranny upgraded because I didn't have enough iron nuggets back then (didn't know how to farm them well).

I hope at least they fixed the "I've moved out" bug, I swear if they didn't fix it from my save because it updated the save after the day started...........

Gorki247

Different islands have items in different colors. The only way is to trade.

trading with other islands I wish they would just rotate the colors instead of forcing you to trade with friends

my lighthouse is white and blue stripe

Thanks for the info. Might need to look into what colours are available (the guide doesn't really say AFAIK), and then find someone to trade.

By the way, I have been hoarding loads of extra fossils. Not sure why, so I'll probably end up selling them to the Nooks. If anyone is looking for anything in particular just let know and I'll have a look if I can help.

jts

...hate me...
Thanks for the info. Might need to look into what colours are available (the guide doesn't really say AFAIK), and then find someone to trade.

By the way, I have been hoarding loads of extra fossils. Not sure why, so I'll probably end up selling them to the Nooks. If anyone is looking for anything in particular just let know and I'll have a look if I can help.
I can definitely take on that offer since it's excruciatingly slow to get new fossils when you're down to 10 or less left.

Ammonite
Anomalocaris
Coprolite
Mammoth Skull
Oppthathalmosaurus Torso
Sabertooth Tiger Tail
Spinosaurus Torso
Spinosaurus Tail
Stegosaurus Torso

If you have any of these and can hold onto for at least a few hours that would be great!

I can definitely take on that offer since it's excruciatingly slow to get new fossils when you're down to 10 or less left.

Ammonite
Anomalocaris
Coprolite
Mammoth Skull
Oppthathalmosaurus Torso
Sabertooth Tiger Tail
Spinosaurus Torso
Spinosaurus Tail
Stegosaurus Torso

If you have any of these and can hold onto for at least a few hours that would be great!
I think I have a stego torso laying around. I'll let you know once I'm back from work!

Gorki247

Ammonite
Anomalocaris
Coprolite
Mammoth Skull
Oppthathalmosaurus Torso
Sabertooth Tiger Tail
Spinosaurus Torso
Spinosaurus Tail
Stegosaurus Torso

I'm pretty sure I've got some of those. Will be able to check in an hour. Will PM you to confirm.

Reactions: jts

Impotaku

I don’t know about the rest but I think for seasonal events (such as May Day I guess) it has been confirmed before that the game will make online checks or something. Was already the case for Bunny Day IIRC.

Polygons info is wrong as is the misinformation on various youtube channels regarding this. You need an internet connection for downloading the update ONLY and obviously for online play. However you do not need to be connected to the internet at all to visit any of the holiday events once you have the update downloaded i know this as i tested it out this morning by placing my switch into airplane mode so it couldn't connect online then i time travelled back to bunny day and it was still there and working as normal. The misinformation that is going around is stupid with youtubers insisting that once a new update comes you lose access to the previous set of holiday events.

I then time travelled forward again to today to see if the holidays were still there and everything was still acessible with the internet turned off, the earth day nookmiles + things were still active the museum still has it's upgrade and leif and redd are still visiting my town however people need to be aware that leif and redd will not always appear on the same days each week. Last night when i first update leif was in my town but when i turned the time back today it was kicks visiting but they will come around eventually, i skipped forward one day at a time and they both turned up.

The only thing i haven't tested is if i go forward to the later events like the wedding festival wether it's there already or a smaller update closer to the time will unlock it but for now you do not need a constant net connection to access the events after the inital update download.

Last edited:
Top Bottom