• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

Fridge and Stoves have been limited for me as well found a double door Fridge in black I could use but I have a single door white that also comes in pink

my stove in Red everything in not where I want it does it have to take a year to find matching items lol

75osXn1.jpg
I have that Oven in Silver and the Microwave in Red if you're interested.

Anyone want me to craft them an Ironwood Bed?

Managed to snag the recipe off an island today!

Edit: I should add I'll need the materials which is as follows

20 wood
10 iron nuggets

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
did you watch the campsite video I shared above on this page?

to answer your question sure you could go spend the money on your final space or the campsite visitor might ask to move out one of you current 9 to replace them

there are many tricks to the campsite that is why I shared the video about it but they are rare visits so unless you are into kicking out villagers not a big deal if you miss out on a visitor
I did watch the video but IIRC it was based on having 10 villagers in the island. It's some weird monkey so I might pass on her.
No, you don't. If you the villager agrees to move in, they will go check with Residential Service and if there is no plot available, they will say so. You can then build the plot, and basically ask the villager to check again, and they will now be able to move in.
All right that is good to know.

The remaining missing animal forest amiibo cards arrived today, now have a totally complete collection. 406 cards for the main happy home designer series (plus promos) and then these. This set is all the new leaf welcome+ amiibo plus the 7-11 sanrio set plus the stickers.
aVhaAdy.jpg

Can't wait to get Ketchup summoned into my town, need to decide who to boot out.

very jealous

trying to find Pocket Camp items

Impotaku

very jealous

trying to find Pocket Camp items

It was an embarassingly expensive purchase but those damn sanrio cards are not going to get reprinted like the rest and seeing as i recently picked up new leaf i thought it was time to get the remaining 2 sets as they unlock some fun stuff in that game plus the new leaf set unlock villagers that are not in the HHD set of 400. Annoyingly in Japan the sanrio cards were in packs of 2 randomly and only available from 7-11 i missed out back in the day and buying boosters would have crippled my bank account as the cheapest place i have seen for one booster pack was like 7000 yen. The rest of the world got the better deal as one pack had the complete set minus the bonus stickers. Picked up some game guides for new leaf & happy home designer plus some new leaf clothing pattern design books
34JqnYX.jpg

Just look at how chunky these are you could kill someone with these :lol:
vYPd4y7.jpg

For anyone curious what the design books are like heres a random pic, i have some of these spanning back to the gamecube era most of the games have had these books in some form the earlier ones just with grids to copy out and what number colour pallet they used but the newer ones had QR codes in to make it way easier but you can still go oldschool and follow the templates if you like, i'm pretty sure i can move these over to the switch game too.
YDdtKCB.jpg

One of my friends kindly gave me nearly all the pocket camp set but they seem to be special as even if you have them they don't seem to be able to be catalogued no matter how i search they don't appear so i can't order them for anyone. I have a feeling if you play pocket camp the data unlocks them for you to order but if you are given them and you don't have pocket camp linked to your account they dont appear at all. Theres a fruit machine that seems to be the same it doesnt appear if you search and theres a space designed cushion that is the same i have no idea where my friend got it from.

Last edited:

Impotaku

despite redd been a ripoff merchant i was pleased to see he sells variants in his shop compared to the same damn selection in nooks cranny. Nothing more soul destroying than seeing the same pool of items over & over and always the same damn colour.

It was an embarassingly expensive purchase but those damn sanrio cards are not going to get reprinted like the rest and seeing as i recently picked up new leaf i thought it was time to get the remaining 2 sets as they unlock some fun stuff in that game plus the new leaf set unlock villagers that are not in the HHD set of 400. Annoyingly in Japan the sanrio cards were in packs of 2 randomly and only available from 7-11 i missed out back in the day and buying boosters would have crippled my bank account as the cheapest place i have seen for one booster pack was like 7000 yen. The rest of the world got the better deal as one pack had the complete set minus the bonus stickers. Picked up some game guides for new leaf & happy home designer plus some new leaf clothing pattern design books
34JqnYX.jpg

Just look at how chunky these are you could kill someone with these :lol:
vYPd4y7.jpg

For anyone curious what the design books are like heres a random pic, i have some of these spanning back to the gamecube era most of the games have had these books in some form the earlier ones just with grids to copy out and what number colour pallet they used but the newer ones had QR codes in to make it way easier but you can still go oldschool and follow the templates if you like, i'm pretty sure i can move these over to the switch game too.
YDdtKCB.jpg

One of my friends kindly gave me nearly all the pocket camp set but they seem to be special as even if you have them they don't seem to be able to be catalogued no matter how i search they don't appear so i can't order them for anyone. I have a feeling if you play pocket camp the data unlocks them for you to order but if you are given them and you don't have pocket camp linked to your account they dont appear at all. Theres a fruit machine that seems to be the same it doesnt appear if you search and theres a space designed cushion that is the same i have no idea where my friend got it from.

I can only imagine it was worth and Xbox Series X
Sanrio stuff in New Horizon would be worth it alone, do you have Splatoon related stuff there?

Hopefully when this Covid stuff calms down a bit Nintendo could get some of these stuff pushed into ACNH more and more

despite redd been a ripoff merchant i was pleased to see he sells variants in his shop compared to the same damn selection in nooks cranny. Nothing more soul destroying than seeing the same pool of items over & over and always the same damn colour.

that is Redd's best value to me, I even saw an Apple box. Most colors that I would need to trade for are showing up at his shop.
To be honest trading is a slog for me contacting people through PM everyone has to be online at the same time by the time I see a message of someone wanting to do a trade they might already be offline so Redd is easier to me since I can time travel and find his shop if I really need something bad enough.

Impotaku

I can only imagine it was worth and Xbox Series X
Sanrio stuff in New Horizon would be worth it alone, do you have Splatoon related stuff there?

Hopefully when this Covid stuff calms down a bit Nintendo could get some of these stuff pushed into ACNH more and more

I saw in the guidebook that there are other amiibo like the splatoon ones you mentionedthat unlock stuff in new leaf and i think the monster hunter and zelda ones unlock stuff too, would be amazing if nintendo allowed the new leaf items to be unlocked in new horizons too. Seeing some of the items available in the pics on the camper vans makes me wish they were in new horizons, funnily some of the items are in the game but a hell of a lot are not. Might have to pick up some of the amiibo figures at some point although i do have one of those programmable amiibo pucks to stuff data on but i kind of like buying the originals which is why the animal crossing stuff pillaged my bank balance, i'm so glad i got the first 4 series when happy home designer was still a thing as i dread to think what they would set me back today. Thankfully nintendo are reprinting the 4 HHD series and also the new leaf series in Japan but i think they will expand to the rest ofthe world eventually but with covid causing chaos it limits their production capability.

Impotaku

LOL hahahahahahaha no way, i just found out you can actually take a dump on the toilets. if you have eaten fruit and you have unwanted stamina you can poop it away by sitting on a toilet.

Last edited:

alf717

So there seems to be someone that believes that turnip exchange is up to some shady business when it comes to Nintendo's ToS. Not trying to spread anything but I was pretty curious if we should maybe avoid the site. I used it this past weekend but I'm curious if they can pull specific info from a Switch console via the island / visitor's data that they or a possible data breach on their site could be used for malicious intent. Again not trying to rain on the parade but I'm curious now if they are extracting specific data that could compromise a console or if Nintendo would go as far as to ban a console for using the site. After leaving an island I found it was odd that I was auto kicked from the queue. It made me wonder how they knew that I left.

Last edited:

Impotaku

LOL people have far too much time on their hands and love to try and police the way people play this damn game, if people have worked out the algorhythm and sharing town data i hardly think nintendo is going to flip their shit. Nintendo is more concerned over the people who hack their consoles to allow action replay/save editing stuff more than people who are collating data to see who has the best turnip prices. Same with the whiny bitches on twitter crying about time travelling, nintendo doesn't care if you time travel they have accepted that some people play like that but on twitter you have triggered zoomers crying for people to be banned over it.

Not sure why people are so eager to amass countless millions apart from some dick waving stat. you don't need that much money to work on your town unless you have a crown fetish and want to display them everywhere like certain youtubers. In fact you don't even need to use the turnip market at all for cash, i made an orchard of about 50 trees and a harvest from that nets about 200,000 bells enough for day to day purchases and i place the surplus in the bank. Doing that over and over has netted a reasonable bank account to buy items as they appear but you really don't need huge amounts even the expensive furniture is stuff you really are not going to be needing multiples of. Well maybe the 50" tv lol

Last edited:

zombrex

These Amiibo cards are selling for absurd prices on ebay, even fakes are being openly sold for high prices. Now is the time to sell if you want to make some money especially if you have any popular characters. The price will plummet once more fakes hit the market but the lock down has slowed all shipping from China.

blue roses are way too hard, I am going to try one last guide that said guaranteed already tried like 5 guides and wasted months of time travelling to test them nothing gained

one last time

jts

...hate me...
Completed my fossil exhibit so that’s cool. Last one missing was the ophthal torso, it had been the sole remaining for a couple of days. I hop on my siblings’ island with the mission of noting down what fossils they had in their little exhibit so I could bring over as many dupes as possible.

Looked at one they were using for decoration outside their museum. It was the opthal torso. LMAO

Then I brought them 26 whole new fossils, bringing them up to 5 left to complete them.

It’s these little anecdotes sometimes.

Last edited:

alf717

Oh wow that is awesome I'm looking forward to finishing my exhibit as well. I've hit the no "new ones" text multiple days now from Blathers I'm thinking of just saving them up for a week as the daily four I get wont give me new fossils to donate. I like that art is back but that looks like it will drag on for a while.

jts

...hate me...
Oh wow that is awesome I'm looking forward to finishing my exhibit as well. I've hit the no "new ones" text multiple days now from Blathers I'm thinking of just saving them up for a week as the daily four I get wont give me new fossils to donate. I like that art is back but that looks like it will drag on for a while.
If you have a list I can look at my remaining dupes as I’m still keeping at least one dupe specimen of each that I have dupes of. For some reason it feels wrong to sell the very last one. But giving them out for someone necessitating them is a good use.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

So there seems to be someone that believes that turnip exchange is up to some shady business when it comes to Nintendo's ToS. Not trying to spread anything but I was pretty curious if we should maybe avoid the site. I used it this past weekend but I'm curious if they can pull specific info from a Switch console via the island / visitor's data that they or a possible data breach on their site could be used for malicious intent. Again not trying to rain on the parade but I'm curious now if they are extracting specific data that could compromise a console or if Nintendo would go as far as to ban a console for using the site. After leaving an island I found it was odd that I was auto kicked from the queue. It made me wonder how they knew that I left.

Reading that thread it sounds like a whole lot of nothing. Their concern is primarily that they suspect WW is violating Nintendo's ToS. By the same logic, anyone trying to understand how cross breeding flowers works, is also in violation of the same thing.

V4skunk

Banned
Stuck with Biff as one of my OG 2. All he talks about is working out and pumping iron. Constantly. Need to start work on getting him out of here
I had him but he left! I was giving him presents and everything and the option came up to boot him! He was my first villager! I was surprised at the option though because it blows the theory away that ignoring villagers is the only way to get them to leave.

The remaining missing animal forest amiibo cards arrived today, now have a totally complete collection. 406 cards for the main happy home designer series (plus promos) and then these. This set is all the new leaf welcome+ amiibo plus the 7-11 sanrio set plus the stickers.
aVhaAdy.jpg

Can't wait to get Ketchup summoned into my town, need to decide who to boot out.
How much is all that worth?

Last edited:

Impotaku

I had him but he left! I was giving him presents and everything and the option came up to boot him! He was my first villager! I was surprised at the option though because it blows the theory away that ignoring villagers is the only way to get them to leave.

lets just say i could have bought another switch with how much it cost, it was the sanrio set that made it really pricy especially as it had the stickers with it.

Might have some exciting news regarding my turnip price in around 35 minutes. I'll keep everyone in the loop! Should be a big spike, the question is just a matter of how large a spike it is.

Edit: turnip price is 400! Come one, come all and sell your turnips!

Dodo code is

FF0JS

Last edited:
Reactions: jts

jts

...hate me...
^I’d totally take on that but yesterday got a friend hooking me up with one of his friends for a ~550 price, so I’m done this week. Thank you though! Make those bells!

Impotaku

Anyone got this furniture - will trade or buy with bells
https://villagerdb.com/user/directx/list/furniture-needed

I have the recipes needed to craft the ironwood kitchenette and i have every item remaining on the list but not in those exact colours. If you provide me the materials to craft the kitchenette i'll make you one i think it needs 9 iron nuggets to make the parts and then some wood but i have plenty of that. The other items i can let you catalogue and then you can order those when you return home as long as you promise not to do a runner with them.

blizzardsounds

Neo Member

Biff packed up and left yesterday. I just started ignoring him and he got the message. ✌️

DirectX

Neo Member
I have the recipes needed to craft the ironwood kitchenette and i have every item remaining on the list but not in those exact colours. If you provide me the materials to craft the kitchenette i'll make you one i think it needs 9 iron nuggets to make the parts and then some wood but i have plenty of that. The other items i can let you catalogue and then you can order those when you return home as long as you promise not to do a runner with them.
That sounds great. Want my friend code or will you give me a dodo code to come by? I Actually have the recipe for that kitchen I do not have the recipe for the cutting board which is a part of the kitchen so that’s really the thing I’m missing but happy to give you the materials for any of that or if I can buy it from your store etc. I can give you some bells or something else in exchange.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I fucked up my May Day ticket during a conf call. I sped through the dialog not realizing you only get one shot at the mystery island. No bueno.

Impotaku

That sounds great. Want my friend code or will you give me a dodo code to come by? I Actually have the recipe for that kitchen I do not have the recipe for the cutting board which is a part of the kitchen so that’s really the thing I’m missing but happy to give you the materials for any of that or if I can buy it from your store etc. I can give you some bells or something else in exchange.

i'll be on over the weekend i'll send you a pm then to arrange a visit.

Top Bottom