• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analogue NT ($578 HDMI NES) |OT| Better than anything, and ready to ship years ago

Balb

Frostburn

Yup just came in to give you guys a heads up I got the same email about a handful of units being available to order right now. It still shows them as sold out on the website but you can add them to your cart and sneak in a last minute order if you still want one.

Def Jukie

Fuck it, this is probably the last chance to get one. Just put in my order. I had one ordered on the first batch and ended up canceling it because they were taking so long and the uncertainty of it. Are most people happy with theirs?

BTails

Haha, I just came back to the thread to post that info as well, got an email 5 minutes ago, it made me very excited as I thought it was my shipping notification!

Soon, soon...

Chittagong

Gold Member
Fuck it, this is probably the last chance to get one. Just put in my order. I had one ordered on the first batch and ended up canceling it because they were taking so long and the uncertainty of it. Are most people happy with theirs?

It's the ultimate NES for sure, especially now that they fixed the two last complaints. Super happy with mine.

Kawika

It's the ultimate NES for sure, especially now that they fixed the two last complaints. Super happy with mine.

I got the latest driver for HDMI Nes which supposedly fixes Blaster Master and some Bart Simpson game I never really liked. Since I just moved, I am actually not sure which box my NT is in.

I am probably going to have them add the composite out put for my HDMI NES. I have my PVM and LCD side by side Might be fun to be able to play light gun games again.

Gyrian

Looks like they're all gone, again! I really appreciate the flexibility that they're showing in retrofitting some improvements from the last run, although I still wish I could've done them all (would have even accepted a cost option).

Frostburn

Based on their twitter account they started shipping! Anyone got their shipping confirmation email yet?
I'm #2100 (Silver with HDMI upgrade) and haven't gotten a shipping notification yet but since it is only March 1st I didn't expect to get one anyway. I'll post when I do though so people can get an idea about when theirs will ship based on order numbers.

TI82

Banned
Yes please, though RGB is already fantastic for it.

There's already UltraHDMI for that, though an alternative wouldn't hurt.

I'd be more interested in a full console update like this is with the nice shell and new pins. Heck if they could redesign wireless controllers even better.

Y2JDMBFAN

Neo Member
Just got my shipping confirmation (order #2095).

I'm 2098, and haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, but I did upgrade to the Famicom LE edition after they were announced, so that may have bumped me towards the back of the line, not sure how that works, hopefully I will see something soon.

Lynd7

I'd be more interested in a full console update like this is with the nice shell and new pins. Heck if they could redesign wireless controllers even better.

Yeah I'd be interested in an N64 made along the lines of this. Even though I recently got the UltraHDMI, these premium consoles are cool.

Y2JDMBFAN

Neo Member
So I just got my shipment email, order 2098 and it lists my unit as the classic even though I emailed and sent a payment of an extra $100 when they announced the Famicom LE. Hopefully this was just an oversight on the shipping email. I've already sent them an email hoping to confirm what was shipped to me.

Frostburn

itshappening.gif

Order #2100 (Silver w/ HDMI upgrade) and just got my shipping confirmation email, Analogue Co has been super on point with this 2nd wave release from the communication to shipment dates!

I vote for a Super Nintendo HDMI next, the NES was my first ever system growing up but the art and sound in games during the 16bit era were just amazing and I'd love to see some of those classics in full HD!

TSM

I received my shipping notice for #2110.

I vote for a Super Nintendo HDMI next, the NES was my first ever system growing up but the art and sound in games during the 16bit era were just amazing and I'd love to see some of those classics in full HD!

The big issue is that Analogue had nothing to do with the HDMI on their units. Kevtris designed and created HDMI for the NES and Analogue was able to incorporate it into their units. Unless someone else out there has been toiling away on a SNES HDMI solution there isn't one Analogue can incorporate into their work. The best they would be able to do it convert RGB into an HDMI signal, but that isn't nearly the same thing we are getting with the Analogue NT. In fact the initial plan was for the Analogue NT to have an optional external converter box to output HDMI, but luckily Kevtris came along with the much better option we now have.

Hopefully Analogue can partner with someone to make something like that happen though. There is a HDMI solution for the N64, so that could always be an option for the next console.

Edit: Haha, I looked back and we already had this conversation. Carry on.

Kawika

I really wish that add on board wasn't a composite cable but a RGB output. I don't see how you could design a composite output to work with the HDMI kit and not Svideo or Rgb too. I bought this thing when RGB and HDMI was supposed to be in the box.

Kid Marin

At last.

DSCN3486_zpsswdn0rob.png
DSCN3496_zps1jqhj6ui.png

DSCN3499_zps79yljeqa.png
DSCN3504_zpskz3mueph.png

I used to have a PAL NES, playing for the first time a NTSC NES game on the real hardware feels great.

BTails

At last.

I used to have a PAL NES, playing for the first time a NTSC NES game on the real hardware feels great.

It's glorious!!! Now I'm super jealous, even though I should have mine in 2-3 weeks. Also, Batman is one of the games I plan on playing first in mine too, haha. How are the cartridge slots on the second model, have you noticed any scraping at all?

Frostburn

Thanks for posting some pictures! Mine comes Thursday so I've been checking my subscription to see some updates in the thread to help me pass the time.

Gyrian

I rather like the transparent bottom. Asked Analogue if they'd be willing to retrofit that, but they said no. ;_;

Kid Marin

Bad luck, one of the flapping part of the Famicom cart slot is stuck (didn't notice it at first because i have no Famicom cart). :/ Sent a message to Analogue to report it.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
I rather like the transparent bottom. Asked Analogue if they'd be willing to retrofit that, but they said no. ;_;

Yeah, the biggest downside to being an early adopter. I'd have killed for FC colors with a transparent bottom.

I have to give huge props to Analogue's customer service, though. My NT was experiencing a lot of issues (constant crashes and freezes) over the past month, so I sent it in for servicing. They couldn't replicate the problems I experienced but replaced the motherboard, AC adapter, and RGB cables regardless — all at their own expense. That is a class act. (And my system seems to be working fine now.)

BTails

Any ETA on when another wave of these will be available?

They've mentioned a few time that the second production run (Currently shipping) is the last production run for the NT. That being said, the product seems to have been overwhelming successful for them, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have a third production run, provided they can come across the materials to do so (The NT uses the GPU and PPU from original Famicoms).

Every time this thread is bumped, I hope it's someone else saying that their console is shipping. Mainly because I want an update on how close they are to my order number, heh.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I have to give huge props to Analogue's customer service, though. My NT was experiencing a lot of issues (constant crashes and freezes) over the past month, so I sent it in for servicing. They couldn't replicate the problems I experienced but replaced the motherboard, AC adapter, and RGB cables regardless — all at their own expense. That is a class act. (And my system seems to be working fine now.)

Yeah they have really turned their operation around, really impressive. They seem to be in it for the long haul.

Khaz

They've mentioned a few time that the second production run (Currently shipping) is the last production run for the NT. That being said, the product seems to have been overwhelming successful for them, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have a third production run, provided they can come across the materials to do so (The NT uses the GPU and PPU from original Famicoms).

I wouldn't be surprised if they carried on selling the Analogue NT as kit once they run out of CPU and PPU, with people being able to harvest their own from their old console.

Weevilone

I wouldn't be surprised if they carried on selling the Analogue NT as kit once they run out of CPU and PPU, with people being able to harvest their own from their old console.

I wouldn't mind sending mine to get one made, something like that. I've almost pulled the trigger and I feel regret when I don't, but I just don't use the NES much.

BTails

So, I'm debating on pulling the trigger on an Everdrive N8 in the next couple of days for when my ANalogue NT arrives. Can anyone in this thread currently with an NT / HDMI upgrade confirm that it's working great? There's a thread on Krikzz's forum about frezzing problems with the NT and Everdrive, though there's also lots of talk about new firmware that has solved all issues.

Basically looking to get my translated JRPG on, particularly Lagrange Point, which looks really awesome (And works on the Everdrive with a custom mapper, apparently).

StevieWhite

So, I'm debating on pulling the trigger on an Everdrive N8 in the next couple of days for when my ANalogue NT arrives. Can anyone in this thread currently with an NT / HDMI upgrade confirm that it's working great? There's a thread on Krikzz's forum about frezzing problems with the NT and Everdrive, though there's also lots of talk about new firmware that has solved all issues.

Basically looking to get my translated JRPG on, particularly Lagrange Point, which looks really awesome (And works on the Everdrive with a custom mapper, apparently).

Confirmed no issues. This footage captured on through an NT/Everdrive combo

https://youtu.be/ZO2UDmQWHQY

Frostburn

Mine came in today #2100 and I hooked it right up on my lunch break. Everything looks great! The box and packaging, the console itself and of course the HDMI output; all look stunning! So excited to finally have this in my hands and connected to my TV!

Just a quick cell phone snap, this is the first game I ever played when I was a kid and the first to try out in the NT (Yes before SMB since my Dad was playing this and he handed me the controller when I was 4ish years old.)

StevieWhite

Awesome, thanks Stevie! Might put in an order later today: I absolutely love my Super Everdrive and Everdrive MD.

NP - You may need to update your Everdrive OS/Firmware - I had to update the OS when my NT arrived. For what its worth, my NT is straight HDMI.

Actually, now that I think of it, I do have one issue, which I haven't looked into - I can't use save states on Japanese ROMS. So there is that. I don't know if that is the NT's issue or the Everdrive's issue.

EDIT: Since you just asked about translations, I just tried Sweet Home. Save states working fine. Also just tried saving saving on the Japanese version of Solomon's Key. That DID work. It did NOT work on Akumajou Densetsu though. Weird.

Also, FWIW, here's some footage I accidentally recorded at 1080 with scanlines. Could look worse.

https://youtu.be/M3SgxuPmrzQ

BTails

NP - You may need to update your Everdrive OS/Firmware - I had to update the OS when my NT arrived. For what its worth, my NT is straight HDMI.

Actually, now that I think of it, I do have one issue, which I haven't looked into - I can't use save states on Japanese ROMS. So there is that. I don't know if that is the NT's issue or the Everdrive's issue.

EDIT: Since you just asked about translations, I just tried Sweet Home. Save states working fine. Also just tried saving saving on the Japanese version of Solomon's Key. That DID work. It did NOT work on Akumajou Densetsu though. Weird.

Also, FWIW, here's some footage I accidentally recorded at 1080 with scanlines. Could look worse.

https://youtu.be/M3SgxuPmrzQ

Awesome, thanks for the update. I wouldn't be surprised if Savestates were not working on Akumajou Densetsu, considering the crazy mappers that one uses. I take it the expanded audio works well though? Sweet Home is definitely near the top of my "to play" list when I receive my Everdrive.

And yes, that footage is looking pretty nice. I'd probably run 720p with scanlines, just like my Framemeister. Watching that video makes me want to bust out my Wizards and Warriors when I get home: the "near death" music got my nostalgia juices flowing big time.

StevieWhite

Audio works just fine on all JP Konami games I've tried out through the ED! You'll also want to take some time to set up your hotkeys on both the ED and the NT before diving in.

If you're having any issues with it running once you get the cart, drop me a PM and I'll let you know what OS and whatnot I'm working with. Also, I purchased my N8 from Stoneage. The cart has an extra layer of black paint or whatever that chipped off a bit on the NT's slot. No damage to the NT, though

That near death music is great... for the first few times. I'm pretty sure it plays on loop in hell.

Top Bottom