• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMA about One Piece

Fushitsusha

Banned
I still wonder what will happen in Marineford. It should be close now. That's one of the few things I knew about in the beginning of watching One Piece.

At least it's my understanding something important happens there. Would you agree Cutty Flam Cutty Flam ?

I want to guess:

A: Ace gets executed.
B: An incident occurs pertaining to Dressrosa (Note: I do not know anything about dressrosa or the duration of it)
C: Time/dimension jump.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I still wonder what will happen in Marineford. It should be close now. That's one of the few things I knew about in the beginning of watching One Piece.

At least it's my understanding something important happens there. Would you agree Cutty Flam Cutty Flam ?

I want to guess:

A: Ace gets executed.
B: An incident occurs pertaining to Dressrosa (Note: I do not know anything about dressrosa or the duration of it)
C: Time/dimension jump.
Things are about to get crazy. And that’s an understatement. I’m trying hard not to spoil a thing, so I will not speculate on much but fuck, these two arcs are fucking incredible. That’s all I’ll say lol

Edit: One last thing, I will say this: a lot of unexpected moments to come for only two arcs

Last edited:

DelireMan7

I have finally catch up the manga and I love it ! I like how it's clear that Oda has the big picture from the start and carefully set everything in place for some big reveal later on.

I am now starting the anime.

But I have one question. Is there an explanation on the Devil's fruits origin ?

I was fine with the fact that it's just some magical fruit in a manga but seeing how Oda gives everything a meaning or purpose I start to wonder about it.
Especially the "rules" surrounding them
  • There is only one of each fruit
  • And since Dressrosa arc, we know that a Devil's fruit "reappears/regrows" when the user die.
These rules, especially the second one, makes me wonder about their origin. I don't remember anything on that in the manga but I could have miss it.
If there is no explanation (yet), is there some theories about it ? (I love theories:))

Cutty Flam

Banned
I have finally catch up the manga and I love it ! I like how it's clear that Oda has the big picture from the start and carefully set everything in place for some big reveal later on.

I am now starting the anime.

But I have one question. Is there an explanation on the Devil's fruits origin ?

I was fine with the fact that it's just some magical fruit in a manga but seeing how Oda gives everything a meaning or purpose I start to wonder about it.
Especially the "rules" surrounding them
  • There is only one of each fruit
  • And since Dressrosa arc, we know that a Devil's fruit "reappears/regrows" when the user die.
These rules, especially the second one, makes me wonder about their origin. I don't remember anything on that in the manga but I could have miss it.
If there is no explanation (yet), is there some theories about it ? (I love theories:))
In the anime I know Shanks wasn’t even too knowledgable despite being on Gol D Roger’s ship, belonging to his crew. He mentioned to Buggy (when they were both very young) the basics after Buggy ate a one

I know that we learn little by little as the anime progresses. Most of what is said about devil fruits is information pirates know from observations from what I can recall. How they work. There are hints, but we don’t know for certain how they came into the world. That is still up in the air. The Void Century is likely where the truth can be found

Their origin is still a mystery, but a dude on YouTube mentioned a plausible theory I heard one time. It was guesswork, but it made some sense. The main questions are when did they appear, how (naturally? synthetically?), and why do they exist if devil fruits were manufactured from the very beginning?

There are two interesting characters in One Piece that I’ve had my mind on that might have information that could lead to further discovery; and besides those two - there was actually an entire group at one point who probably had great insight as well. But right now, there are two characters that I suspect know something

I’m actually rewatching the anime at the moment. So I’m paying extra attention to detail now. If Income across anything interesting I’ll try to comment on it in here or the Anime/Manga thread

DelireMan7 DelireMan7 your top 5 favorite arcs in One Piece??? I gotta know lol

Last edited:

DelireMan7

In the anime I know Shanks wasn’t even too knowledgable despite being on Gol D Roger’s ship, belonging to his crew. He mentioned to Buggy (when they were both very young) the basics after Buggy ate a one

I know that we learn little by little as the anime progresses. Most of what is said about devil fruits is information pirates know from observations from what I can recall. How they work. There are hints, but we don’t know for certain how they came into the world. That is still up in the air. The Void Century is likely where the truth can be found

Their origin is still a mystery, but a dude on YouTube mentioned a plausible theory I heard one time. It was guesswork, but it made some sense. The main questions are when did they appear, how (naturally? synthetically?), and why do they exist if devil fruits were manufactured from the very beginning?

There are two interesting characters in One Piece that I’ve had my mind on that might have information that could lead to further discovery; and besides those two - there was actually an entire group at one point who probably had great insight as well. But right now, there are two characters that I suspect know something

I’m actually rewatching the anime at the moment. So I’m paying extra attention to detail now. If Income across anything interesting I’ll try to comment on it in here or the Anime/Manga thread

DelireMan7 DelireMan7 your top 5 favorite arcs in One Piece??? I gotta know lol
Thanks for the answer. So it's still a mystery.
Who are the two you think have some knowledge about the devil fruit ?

Hard to do a top 5 but without any thinking :
  1. Skypea : I love this arc. I had my eyes filled with tears of joy at the end...
  2. Marineford : obviously !
  3. Wano Kuni : let's see how it finished but so far it's amazing
  4. Whole cake island : I loved learning about Sanji's backstory.
  5. Nothing come immediately. Probably Enies Lobby. Seeing the Straw Hat storming a marine stronghold was so good.
But honestly there are so many good arcs.
Actually there is only 2 arcs I disliked : the Davy back fight and Thriller bark (Moria and the zombies were too out of place for me. Hopefully Brook's backstory saved it for me)

Cutty Flam

Banned
Very strong arc choices, I like those ones a lot too. One of my favorite moments in One Piece took place at Skypiea, remember when the Straw Hats were setting up camp in the middle of that forest when the wolves came out of nowhere and tried to attack? But then I think Nami or somebody, maybe Zoro, Sanji or Luffy fucked all them up and not too long after they were partying with those same wolves hahahaha. I love the banquets and parties that take place in One Piece, small or large scale and grand, and that party at the campfire site they picked was one of my favorite times. I started laughing when Zoro and that tougher wolf got drunk together, think he had his arm around the wolf’s shoulder and they downed a mug of sake lmao

Regarding the two characters I suspect have knowledge of devil fruits far beyond the rest

There are two characters I follow as closely as I can whenever mentioned or shown (one has not been shown btw) and those two are Dr. Vegapunk and Marshall D. Teach aka Blackbeard

1. I think Vegapunk is a genius, and I have a theory that he is tangled up with the World Government because he possesses more knowledge than nearly anyone in the show. Knowledge that is invaluable to the World Government. He was the first to make a devil fruit and from that breakthrough discovery I think it was game over for him in a sense, no matter what. Is he friend or foe to pirates? There isn’t a clue. But I do know that the World Government has used his work for their gain, and a pirate like Batholomew Kuma (very interesting pirate) lost his life because of Vegapunk’s work/experimentation. I think Dr. Vegapunk might have insight and information that could have only been found in the Void Century and I think he acquired that information (somehow) via the Roger Pirates. He must have been associated with at least one of them is my guess, and was able to collect information that would benefit his scientific work

2. Teach is strange...Ever since Marineford I’ve been wondering what this guy’s motives are. And he’s only become more interesting to me as a character since. He definitely has something going on that not even his crew have a single idea about...Ever since Buggy realized there’s something wrong with him and pointed this out to Shanks, dozens of questions have taken form in my mind. That was when the Roger Pirates and Whitebeard Pirates met up at some island during a flashback in Wano Kuni arc btw. Blackbeard doesn’t sleep. Buggy knows this, Ace knew it, Whitebeard even was very hesitant about Ace pursuing Blackbeard, said he has a bad feeling about it. The guy can eat multiple devil fruits, somehow...and I thinknot was said that eating two leads to one’s death? So how is Blackbeard able to have multiple? And why does he not need sleep? There is something very wrong with Blackbeard I think. In the sense that he no ordinary being. This causes me to believe he knows more than most, despite feigning stupidity. And one of the things I think he knows much about is devil fruits. I wonder if he somehow has Dr. Vegapunk levels of intelligence, or who knows? He could actually BE Dr. Vegapunk...that is outright radical, but I haven’t ruled it out yet

Fushitsusha

Banned
Soon on Fishman Island. How is it regarded?

The only thing I can remember hearing is that the pacing is slower from around there. And there is a mermaid (obviously). Summit War had a good pacing during the episodes themselves but overall it could have moved a little faster.

Cutty Flam

Banned

The only thing I can remember hearing is that the pacing is slower from around there. And there is a mermaid (obviously). Summit War had a good pacing during the episodes themselves but overall it could have moved a little faster.
I was just discussing FMI earlier today some. I noted that it’s kind of mixed. Some will have their say about it and tell you it’s kind of lame, some will say it’s not the best, arc but it’s pretty good, and some will say it’s excellent. I’m on the side that will give it a strong 9/10 score or rating. It has some UNBELIEVABLY strong moments from Luffy imo. I had actually heard of a lot of people saying this and that about the post TS arcs and that they were not up to par with the pre TS arcs but that ended up being false. All of them have had so much to offer and the story continues to pick up steam every step of the way. The characters in the post TS arcs, are so interesting and overall excellent. Most of my favorite characters are in the story arcs to come

But to get back to FMI, you can expect a very strong adventure. Personally, I loved the arc. And very important story points and lore takes place in this arc. More so than the following arc after it. I can’t speak for anyone except for myself, but Fishman Island is definitely an excellent arc imo. For a lot of reasons

Also, what were some standout moments in the Summit War Saga in your opinion? I gotta hear this

Cutty Flam

Banned
One of the very best things about FMI arc imo is, that you get to see the fruits of the SH Pirates’ labor after two arduous years of what must have been intense training every day. I was so pumped to see what they could do, because you knew how serious they got during those two years with their training. Just look at Luffy and Zoro; the entire crew knows what they were about to do with all that time on their hands. They knew how ridiculously high the bar Luffy/Zoro were going to set. They know those guys. So it’s easy to imagine how grueling the others’ training must have been when they knew they had an obligation to protect Luffy’s dream

Fushitsusha

Banned
I was just discussing FMI earlier today some. I noted that it’s kind of mixed. Some will have their say about it and tell you it’s kind of lame, some will say it’s not the best, arc but it’s pretty good, and some will say it’s excellent. I’m on the side that will give it a strong 9/10 score or rating. It has some UNBELIEVABLY strong moments from Luffy imo. I had actually heard of a lot of people saying this and that about the post TS arcs and that they were not up to par with the pre TS arcs but that ended up being false. All of them have had so much to offer and the story continues to pick up steam every step of the way. The characters in the post TS arcs, are so interesting and overall excellent. Most of my favorite characters are in the story arcs to come

But to get back to FMI, you can expect a very strong adventure. Personally, I loved the arc. And very important story points and lore takes place in this arc. More so than the following arc after it. I can’t speak for anyone except for myself, but Fishman Island is definitely an excellent arc imo. For a lot of reasons
I can believe this. The only one in my mind that could potentially feel like a drag is Dressrosa. Mostly because it's another part that's like 150 episodes or something.
Also, what were some standout moments in the Summit War Saga in your opinion?
Probably the flashbacks explaining things and their connections (Dragon + Ivankov, Mountain Bandits + Ace & Luffy... Sabo)
The "side stuff" (Impel Down, Amazon Lilly, Gray Terminal/entire Goa Kingdom, the Straw Hats different locations)
And subsequently, Straw Hats all seemingly learning new abillities to aid them in the adventures ahead (Nami's weather science, Chopper's medicinal knowledge, Zoro's legendary sword collection growing...)

Probably my least favorite was the "main" Marineford, despite being very well done and good. Is that common?

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I can believe this. The only one in my mind that could potentially feel like a drag is Dressrosa.

Probably the flashbacks explaining things and their connections (Dragon + Ivankov, Mountain Bandits + Ace & Luffy... Sabo)
The "side stuff" (Impel Down, Kuja tribe/island, entire Goa Kingdom, the Straw Hats different locations)
And subsequently, Straw Hats all seemingly learning new abillities to aid them in the adventures ahead (nami's weather science, chopper's medicinal knowledge etc)

Probably my least favorite was the "main" Marineford, despite being very well done and good. Is that common?
I was blown away by everything in that saga. From the moment Luffy arrived at Amazon Lily, to Marineford and the aftermath, to the time the Mugiwara Pirates had all had finished their two years of training

Dressrosa is a very long arc. I loved watching all of it, but even I had to take a break from it for a while and come back like a month or so later because it is an extended arc where A LOT will take place

I think mostly everyone was in awe over the events that took place at Marineford. You might be the first one I’ve heard to claim the arcs surrounding it are better but to be fair they are all 10/10 work. All of Marineford blew me away but this scene right here was profound

Man…..

Yoboman

You should switch to One Pace if you're watching the Anime. It cuts out all the filler and crap to match the manga

The Anime becomes unwatchable at points after time skip

Cutty Flam

Banned
You should switch to One Pace if you're watching the Anime. It cuts out all the filler and crap to match the manga

The Anime becomes unwatchable at points after time skip
One Pace seems untrustworthy. It’s probably handled by some random group of fans im guessing? The better option would be to read the manga

One Pace cuts out everything that isn’t directly tied to the manga but the anime will lose its fluidity most likely if there aren’t any pros handling everything. I love the devout fans of the series and speak with them often, but im definitely not trusting their care with series itself. If they take away from the effect Oda might have intended with the anime, then that that is unguided and shameful work - to tamper with the course of what was originally meant to be displayed. How do they know whether or not Oda is not involved with the ‘filler’ in the anime and the fight scenes that take place outside of the panels in the manga? I can’t speak too much on it bc ive never seen One Pace, but the name alone is insulting and their ‘work’ speaks only to impatience tbh. And what about avoiding abruptness in transitioning from scene to scene? Might as well switch to the manga if you’re unwilling to fully commit to the anime is my position. Better that then to depart from the official source and put your enjoyment of an experience in the hands of amateurs tbh. Those fools don’t know what Oda is trying to create if we’re going to be brutally honest here. And they don’t know what’s next. So why is his work in their hands now?

Plus the manga offers a completely unique experience from the anime. Even if you’ve watched the episodes for the chapters they’re based on, it’s a different experience. The presentation of both affects everything in their own ways. You combine watching the anime with reading the manga and it’s a surefire bet that that person is going to have the most comprehensive understanding of the story. The anime cannot show you entirely what the manga can and the manga cannot present the same immersive feel and wonder to the world that the anime will bring

Yoboman

One Pace seems untrustworthy. It’s probably handled by some random group of fans im guessing? The better option would be to read the manga

One Pace cuts out everything that isn’t directly tied to the manga but the anime will lose its fluidity most likely if there aren’t any pros handling everything. I love the devout fans of the series and speak with them often, but im definitely not trusting their care with series itself. If they take away from the effect Oda might have intended with the anime, then that that is unguided and shameful work - to tamper with the course of what was originally meant to be displayed. How do they know whether or not Oda is not involved with the ‘filler’ in the anime and the fight scenes that take place outside of the panels in the manga? I can’t speak too much on it bc ive never seen One Pace, but the name alone is insulting and their ‘work’ speaks only to impatience tbh. And what about avoiding abruptness in transitioning from scene to scene? Might as well switch to the manga if you’re unwilling to fully commit to the anime is my position. Better that then to depart from the official source and put your enjoyment of an experience in the hands of amateurs tbh. Those fools don’t know what Oda is trying to create if we’re going to be brutally honest here. And they don’t know what’s next. So why is his work in their hands now?

Plus the manga offers a completely unique experience from the anime. Even if you’ve watched the episodes for the chapters they’re based on, it’s a different experience. The presentation of both affects everything in their own ways. You combine watching the anime with reading the manga and it’s a surefire bet that that person is going to have the most comprehensive understanding of the story. The anime cannot show you entirely what the manga can and the manga cannot present the same immersive feel and wonder to the world that the anime will bring
Obviously the manga is the best way to do it

I think you're underestimating how bad the Anime got. Its not just slightly longer fight scenes. Its every episode filled with the same flashbacks, story recaps, long long reaction shots. Dressrosa was 150 episodes. It was so padded out that they did
the Rebecca flashbacks a literal 50 times. I believe they spent two years real time in the bird cage alone

The Anime isn't some noble attempt to match the vision of Oda. He has very little to do with it and nothing to do with filler arcs. Its a cash cow that Toei needs to ensure is on every single week without fail so they pump it full of padding so that its at best 1 chapter per 20 minute episode

One Pace may be fan edited but Toei aren't doing it so somebody needs to. The whole manga is a sharp, high energy adventure. The poor anime pacing detracts massively from that

Cutty Flam

Banned
Yoboman Yoboman

The manga is unbelievable. I don’t know he manages such outstanding work overall chapter for chapter…

But when it comes to the anime, I don’t think you’re giving Toei Animation enough credit. You can say that the pacing is kind of absurd with the recaps and all, that is understandable. But they have done a wonderful job bringing the manga to life

That is interesting that the cage portion alone lasted two entire years though…How long do you expect the Raid to last? And Wano as an entire arc? Maybe another 30-35 chapters for the Raid, and 9-15 chapters to summarize the aftermath, potential celebration, etc. ? )

Yoboman

Yoboman Yoboman

The manga is unbelievable. I don’t know he manages such outstanding work overall chapter for chapter…

But when it comes to the anime, I don’t think you’re giving Toei Animation enough credit. You can say that the pacing is kind of absurd with the recaps and all, that is understandable. But they have done a wonderful job bringing the manga to life

That is interesting that the cage portion alone lasted two entire years though…How long do you expect the Raid to last? And Wano as an entire arc? Maybe another 30-35 chapters for the Raid, and 9-15 chapters to summarize the aftermath, potential celebration, etc. ? )
I like the Anime is fine up to the timeskip but it really struggles for a long time after that

The voice acting, music and some of the big moments have been done incredibly throughout the series so Toei is not all bad

But rumour was that Oda wasn't happy with the direction of the Anime which is why it changed so much recently. The Wano arc is leagues better though and I'm back to watching the Anime.

Wano is going to be long as well. Longer than Dressrosa. But Dressrosa also had pacing issues in the manga - it was just exemplified ten times by the Anime.

Wano is a much tighter and complete story so far and we haven't even gotten Kaido flashback

Urban

It’s not a Rumour. Oda did tell them that Wano is pretty important and they should step their game up or leave it.

That’s why Toei brought the Guy from Dragonball Super in.

Imagine Marineford in this Style :(

Toots

Gold Member
Hello Cutty Flam Cutty Flam ,
I’ve a few questions.
Is the one piece some ancient weapon so powerful that whoever find it will bring about universal destruction or universal peace (one peace)? Will luffy use that weapon to destroy the huge mountain which stands at the nexus of all seas to connect them all and create all blue? Is joy boy the one who engineered the ancient weapons?
Cheers!

Cutty Flam

Banned
I stopped watching the anime when they left Fishman Island. Too many episodes have passed now. I don't think I have the time to catch up.
You can easily catch up still, you just need to get started either reading or watching again. One chapter or so during a break throughout the day or maybe an episode before dosing off and it’ll spark some momentum. Even when I try to savor a chapter and read, it takes like 15-17 min tops. Maybe 20 min max if im really observing all the panels. Most chapters can be read in 10-15 min; any time you get a break. The episodes are essentially 17-19 min too if you skip the intro, recap, ending song. I would recommend reading the manga, it will happen quickly too. I’ve used a few vacations to do some major watching before, three in a row actually lol. I think if I had to guess…watched about ~700+ episodes during days off and the rest came sparingly throughout. Momentum of the story arcs usually carried me because so many I found to be spectacular in their events or storytelling, have always loved the characters. And you meet a ton in the arcs going forward. So if you were to begin again reading/watching you might find yourself caught up. I know two full time students who worked 30 hrs or so on top of their coursework and somehow they managed to watch and read their way to the current episodes. One watched the anime, and this guy seriously watched any time he took a break to rest from his busy schedule. The other started right where you are and caught up in like three or four months. It’s easy to get back into. But there is no rush tbh, I still think Oda will need another 6-8 years to properly do this. He’s not going to rush a thing
Is the one piece some ancient weapon so powerful that whoever find it will bring about universal destruction or universal peace (one peace)?
Imo the One Piece is complex. And it would take countless extremely, extremely long paragraphs to detail in my thoughts about it. On one hand, I think many fans have a good theory or two about what it can be. But I don’t think it is that simple the same. I haven’t entirely put my finger on it, but when and if I am ever confident in it, I will share my full theory with everyone. But for years, I haven’t been able to put it all together…One Piece is definitely more than it seems…that is one thing I am fully confident about. As to what the One Piece may be? I don’t think im there yet. I think I have about half of it potentially figured out. But there is no way of telling tbh. Haha this is a bit obsessive but I actually have a board where I will write things down about characters, concepts and such about OP in an effort to find the truth behind the Void Century and the ending, as well as to just enjoy the anime to the fullest. Here are some pics of how I will go about contemplating or meditating on a saga sometimes. All kinds of ideas rush through after an episode watched, or a chapter read but it’s still difficult as fuck to predict what Oda is thinking lol

IbkKMVI.jpg

2vkZgSK.jpg
Something that throws me off completely about the One Piece, has to do with some words Roger has said, combined with Rayleigh’s demeanor. I’m still trying to figure it out

One thing is fairly certain though. The One Piece will contain at least one ‘weapon’ and what this weapon will allow is entirely up for debate but I believe whatever this ‘weapon’ can do, it will no doubt allow whoever comes in possession of ‘it’ and advantage that will tilt the scales. Have no idea what it might look like, how it is conceived, or if it is even tangible or not but there 100% exists a ‘weapon’ that only the Roger Pirates, Joy Boy (and his kin + associates) and maybe, big maybe, Whitebeard is fully aware of while they were alive
Will luffy use that weapon to destroy the huge mountain which stands at the nexus of all seas to connect them all and create all blue?
Yes, but not just Luffy imo. If I am to predict what will happen, I need more info but here is a very raw guess just for fun

Luffy is going to struggle with the utilization of this weapon during the final battle that engulfs the the entire world and is going to need a great deal of assistance in the heat of the moment. But I think so; it’ll be Luffy to take things into his own hands in the end and he will be the one to utterly destroy the Red Line, at the very least, the Red Line
Is joy boy the one who engineered the ancient weapons?
No. Not Joy Boy himself. Someone else

But I think Joy Boy was the man with the vision who fought the hardest and came into the possession of this weapon. I believe Joy Boy either orchestrated the creation of this weapon through his own connections or stole it and was able to learn about it through the technological prowess of his partner(s) and then preserved it for the future generations to come. But one question I have is, why did Roger not make use of it? When will that flashback or story segment come? There is something about the Worst Generation that must relate to this weapon is my guess

Toots

Gold Member
Thanks for you answers Cutty Flam Cutty Flam
Love your boards 😍 that’s exactly what I love about this manga, you can have so much fun theorizing and comparing your thoughts with others and you also know Oda is not going to disappoint.

Cutty Flam

Banned
that’s exactly what I love about this manga, you can have so much fun theorizing and comparing your thoughts with others and you also know Oda is not going to disappoint.
Especially in the New World!
Does it get better because Season 1 is pretty boring.
Yes. If you thought season one is boring, then you might enjoy season two more because after a few episodes of important set up, the Straw Hat Pirates embark towards their first island / destination in the Grand Line where they'll meet true adversity for the first time, with their aspirations and lives on the line. The first saga is excellent
Why is the art so boring
It's best to be patient with One Piece. The style is Oda's own and he's perfected it and honed his craft over the years masterfully. You should see the arc that took place two arcs ago, anyone into One Piece even in the slightest would be impressed. From start to finish that arc is pure brilliance
Wano has been much better than I thought and it still has a long way to go. Things will change dramatically after it ends.
100% agree. I have no idea what is in store for its ending, nor does anyone else but something huge is going to take place that's for sure
The 'Marys' are an interesting concept. They're different from the transponder snails. Nearly everything in in Kaido's territory is under surveillance; being watched and heard. There is no freedom at all, he's assumed total control. He wont even kill prominent pirates of the Worst Generation but instead insists on enslaving them

Cutty Flam

Banned
About to make at least one maybe two One Piece |OT| for everyone to join and jump in on discussions. I should have made an OT for One Piece a long time ago. But this community and all fans of One Piece deserve an official thread to post in so im gonna put one up, simple at first, but definitely will be adding on to more and more as time progresses

This AMA thread was more or less made because I was bored and wanted to challenge myself to learn more about One Piece by answering questions. I never considered this to be anything close to an official thread and have always thought of it as kind of a spontaneous thread creation. This thread is a lot of fun, but it's more or less a selfish just for fun thread I made initially and fans deserve something better, something more official

The OT is intended for everyone cuz spoilers are encouraged to be tagged but eventually it should become a thread where the hardcore fans can post without using any spoiler tags since I intend to make a catching up thread soon, where those just starting the first ch. or episode of One Piece and such can have their own space to discuss the series without worry of spoiling anything. I'll post the OT soon just so it's available and there for everyone

TTOOLL

Good idea! I’m not a hardcore fan by no means but I love this shit, an OT would be welcome.
Btw, I finally decided to watch the anime starting from Wano, the animation has been improved a lot indeed!

Cutty Flam

Banned
Good idea! I’m not a hardcore fan by no means but I love this shit, an OT would be welcome.
Btw, I finally decided to watch the anime starting from Wano, the animation has been improved a lot indeed!
I think this week I'm gonna read the latest chapter, maybe today even. I haven't watched since episode ~933 or so but I heard that the animation has continued to get better even from that point. I heard some of the fights are like god-tier now in terms of animation quality. Which for Wano, is perfect

About to post the OT, hopefully the pictures stay. If not, I'll just update and find some replacements for whatever pics get blanked out. I plan on adding to the thread every now and then so shouldn't be an issue. It'll be a simple OT, but at least everyone will have an official spot to discuss

NahaNago

I’m about a 100 episodes in. Love it. Animation gets better as the show goes on.
That was just something that should have happened over time since from what I googled the show started in 1999. Sometimes I liked the new improvements, clothes, and style and sometimes I didn't. I was hearing that Demon Slayer also caused them to dramatically improve the animation.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Can anyone recommend a good place to start One Piece?
Chapter 1, Romance Dawn.

DO NOT WATCH THE ANIME IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE ENERGY/FREE TIME.

That was just something that should have happened over time since from what I googled the show started in 1999. Sometimes I liked the new improvements, clothes, and style and sometimes I didn't. I was hearing that Demon Slayer also caused them to dramatically improve the animation.
That's cap. I don't know the true source but Luffy vs Katakuri started in 2018 and that's when the animation direction took a MASSIVE movie quality leap. Demon Slayer started airing in April 2019.

Staff rotation and influx of people passionate about wanting to give the series Sakuga is my guess.

Top Bottom