• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMA about One Piece

Cutty Flam

Banned
I feel like they’re stretching it a lot at the moment. And it feels like a drag. Everything is happening so slowly and a lot of people agree.

btw. Do you know where and when zoro lost his third sword? Was it ever revealed?
I'm so interested in the world building and characters, story, and basically every detail I can latch onto that pace almost never ever bothers me. It did for a few episodes or so during Alabasta when I didn't know any better and wasn't sure what One Piece was all about yet. It did drag a little for me during Skypiea for a bit. And although I love the arc, during Dressrosa I needed to take a small break at the very, very end to brace myself because it was such a substantial arc. I was amazed, but also spent lol. The current arc I have no issue at all with pacing. I've enjoyed everything that's been revealed to us. And this arc we're seeing unfold now, presents a unique challenge to follow given its theme. The names and culture and everything is so interesting. And I like how a character like Roronoa Zoro
gets to size up all these tough swordsmen and samurai in Wano. All the toughest swordsmen seem to be here in the land of Wano. The plot that is taking place right now is legendary. A raid that's been 20 years in the making kept under wraps essentially 100% until the night of? Oda says he'll draw the greatest war in manga history after Wano Kuni but I think this might be craziest work he'll pull off. Idk how he can top it, this was all set up perfectly over the course of 5-6 major arcs. It's tremendous, this arc, and I'm so glad to be a part of it and witness what I've seen so far. Really glad I decided to catch up and watched a ton of OP during 2018 and 2019. Very grateful to be able to see all of this exceptional work

That's a good question, I can't remember where it took place or which episode...

I thought that Zoro lost his sword (Shusui, the one Ryuma gave to him after defeat at Thriller Bark) at the gambling house in Ringo and then fought near the Oihagi Bridge with Onimaru who recognized Zoro's blade belonged to Ryuma and knew it was a national treasure. But I can't remember how he was able to steal it from Zoro? It was crazy how Zoro defeated Killer with only two of his three swords, stole his scythe and used a completely foreign weapon in its place. He's been mopping the floor with the other Supernovas so far in Wano. Well not mopping the floor, but he's definitely showing his strength and having the upper hand in each confrontation, 2 for 2 now at WANO Kuni. But I think it was after defeating Killer in that brief battle that Momo-sama's sister gave him Oden's blade, Enma. Some are saying this blade basically puts Zoro on Yonko level with its power. I believe it too, I think Zoro is essentially Yonko but the story never really paints him like that. Here are some references, I tried to find the answer but came to no conclusion; they're just interesting to read

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Ringo

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Onimaru

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Enma

Are you an artist?

Not a professional artist or even close. I wish... I should have taken art classes in high school and college even. I never knew that one day I would want to create visuals. I have a lot of ideas for One Piece drawings and paintings, just for fun, but my skill level would probably disappoint the vision I have for the concept art I wish to bring about. Sometimes at work, on a break, I'll walk towards this one area zone out a bit looking at the sky and imagine certain battles taking place at sea high above, a sea that reaches the clouds. And I can clearly see the Straw Hats' ship weathering these violent waves during an intense storm whenever I let my imagination go during these breaks. I always thought it would be kind of cool to see a
tidal wave even crazier than the one that takes place at the start of Marineford. One that's like twice that but also one that accentuates the fear of those looking up at it by showing an insane angle and view of it sort of like the way I look to the sky and imagine it. Maybe one day I'll try to draw it and bring this idea to life. Then I'll share it here and probably submit it to Eiichiro Oda as an expression of gratitude / a thank you gift that he may or may not through in the trash lol

Razvedka

Banned
You exhibit the same intense passion for One Piece as a friend of mine from HS who is now a pretty accomplished artist. I was wondering if secretly you were her, but clearly not. She's been obsessed with One Piece for over half her life now.

I guess it just means that this show has captivated you like it has her. I personally could never quite see the fanatical appeal some have in the show, albeit I readily admit it is popular for good reason.

As for art, just start doodling and drawing. As you get older more and more of your time becomes dedicated to other things of course, so just set aside some 'study time' for you to improve your skills. Follow a youtube or subscribe to some patreons or courses. You would surprise yourself, I think.

Cutty Flam

Banned
A trio of questions to think about:

-Who is Luffy’s mom?

-Has she been mentioned, seen, or present at any time in the manga/anime?

-Notorious pirate, prominent figure, or not?

It could be that Monkey D. Luffy’s mother will never be a part of the story, but if anyone has noticed anything pls let me know. By the end of the arc I intend to make a full prediction for myself of how the last couple of arcs will unfold for fun / and to one day compare

Cutty Flam

Banned
Does anyone know what happened to OnePace? There’s been no episode since June now.
Favorite Ace moment(s) if you have any? I think mine is this

When Ace challenged Jinbe, First Son of The Sea, to a fight and they both fought for five days. Then he even goes straight for Whitbeard right after

Favorite Ace moment(s) if you have any? I think mine is this

When Ace challenged Jinbe, First Son of The Sea, to a fight and they both fought for five days. Then he even goes straight for Whitbeard right after
This awesome video encapsulates my favourite Ace moment:

Cutty Flam

Banned
This awesome video encapsulates my favourite Ace moment:

I like how Blackbeard’s underling, Van Auger, shot through him and Ace didn’t even move. Made Van Auger look completely incompetent in that moment. That was an insane battle

Even more insane was that one intense battle changed everything. One pirate, one captured pirate, shook the world just as Roger had. It was like a microcosm of what Gol D. Roger had accomplished merely with his words before he was executed at Logue Town. His legacy of course, had 100% to do with it as well, but Roger’s decision to turn himself in and say what he said brought upon “The Great Pirate Era” and then it was Ace who caused Luffy and his crew to step up, among others. It’s very interesting how much Ace impacted the world just as Gol D. Roger had

Cutty Flam

Banned
Here's a good question, and also a prediction to said question

What is going to happen with Katakuri when he eventually shows up again? At the moment, it's probably an accurate guess that he's guarding all of Tottoland for Big Mom while she aims to kill Mugiwara with her select . But at the tail end, when the result is clear that Big Mom did not accomplish what she set out to do, what will he do then? Katakuri is as strong as the Yonko I believe, and I know Oda will not allow his character to sit back if things go south for the Big Mom Pirates in such perilous and disastrous territory. He stands by Big Mom and his brothers and sisters; aims to protect. I think if Charlotte Perospero gives word that they're in trouble via the transponder snail, then we're going to see Katakuri enter WANO KUNI as well. It's hard to tell how many Big Mom Pirates entered WANO KUNI but I think there's at least, 14+ from what I saw in the anime

Tschumi

I've just started watching from the very first episode. Everything's new and fresh for me. Got the whole original series to get through. Are you jelly?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Decided to look into this one matter that I had to find out for myself, something that wasn’t on the internet yet. So I went ahead and found the answer

The Big Mom Pirates enter WANO KUNI and aside from Big Mom, I wanted to know how many came along to aid her in the sole mission of killing Luffy. She must be pretty confident in her ability to get it done by herself. She definitely has some heavy hitters that came along for the ride but not as many as I would have expected with her having 85 children in her family/crew. Here are the ones that were selected by Big Mom and/or decided to come along to help (it has not yet been specified in the manga or anime how this team was decided by the way):

Charlotte Perospero
Charlotte Daifuku
Charlotte Smoothie
Charlotte Compote
Charlotte Amande
Charlotte Galette
Charlotte Raisin
Charlotte Nusstorte
Charlotte Dosmarche
Charlotte Basskarte
Charlotte Tablet
Charlotte Mobile
Charlotte Flampe
Charlotte Kato (anime)
Charlotte Mont-d’Or
Charlotte Poire

Plus I believe I saw at least one Chess Soldier in the manga drawing. Charlotte Kato is not shown to be in WANO in the manga but he is clearly shown in the anime on Big Mom’s ship

So that makes 16 Big Mom Pirates that accompanied Big Mom. Charlotte Linlin makes 17 Big Mom Pirates in total that are visible and on deck as they attempted to enter WANO by climbing the waterfall via carp

That’s a fairly small number. I wonder if she has more Big Mom Pirates inside the ship? It’s probably not likely since they would all be on deck showing their faces. Doubt any one of them would just be sitting inside idle while the rest were handling issues head on

So 17 Big Mom Pirates in total right now, the rest are probably protecting Totto Land and all her assets there. After all, each family member runs some portion of Totto Land so it wouldn’t be wise to leave too many of those islands without their minister. Also, I think a lot has to do with guarding the ponyglyph as well. The one Brook stole a copy of

I actually think at some point Charlotte Monte-d’Or will call for backup at some point. The reason will be Perospero’s death at the hands of Carrot. And I think with that call will be made with great panic. I’m anticipating it happening when all hell breaks lose, Big Mom might even suffer a blow from a Straw Hat or one of the Nine Red Scabbards and that will cause Mont-d’Or to call in massive backup. Katakuri, Oven, Snack, and Tomago (who is now currently Count Niwatori, his third transformational stage) will lead and I suspect that they’ll pick 20-30 or so to enter WANO with them on ships

I could not find a straight answer on how many had joined Big Mom on the hunt for Mugiwara’s head in this foreign country. But the answer seems to be at least 16 members. I’ll update if I see another Big Mom Pirate that I happened to miss. For now, I have counted 16 up to this point, and all of them are formidable. Especially Smoothie, whoever faces her is is fucked. Hopefully the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai alliance does not suffer any casualties or earn any savage battle wounds. Zoro is already badly hurt, heavily wounded and damaged. Luffy has also taken great damage from Kaido

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Questions have been flooding my mind lately. I’ve been thinking about One Piece a ton this year

I think I’m honestly onto something. I don’t know if it’s permissible for me even to hand over a clue tbh, just out of love for the fans to keep the story sacred, but there is something that takes place, within the first 100 episodes I will allow myself to say as a hint, that is completely blowing my mind right now—questions are compounding heavily. Other arcs further past the one I’m referring to (where a significant moment I believe takes place) have contributed to how I’m able to look at all this in an in-depth manner. A certain fan’s perspective and thoughts/idea also lead me down this path of deep thought. I would be a little bit surprised to find even the most hardcore fans that have posted ITT before, to guess what I am looking into atm but man, Oda continues to surprise me

One Piece is the greatest enigma. It seems all this pondering and contemplating has only increased my confusion, but at the same time, I can’t help but think I’ve found a correlation among a handful of arcs. I’ll have to look much deeper into all this

Cutty Flam

Banned
What do you think will happen in chapter 1000 Cutty Flam Cutty Flam ?
I still need to read two more to catch up but I think at least one of these two events will take place, and these are both huge guesses but I think at least one might hit:

-Carrot kills Perospero and lands a vicious blow to Daifuku or Smoothie before someone manages to get her the fuck away from the Big Mom Pirates just at the perfect time. I think this will prompt for Mont d’Or to notify Katakuri, who will then set out with 20-30 more Big Mom Pirates to storm Onigashima; aiming to overwhelm Luffy and all his allies. Carrot will become a massive target for the Big Mom Pirates, on par with Luffy, after she claims Perospero’s life as Sulong

-Luffy engages with Kaido. Gear 5th

Cutty Flam

Banned
Last four to five chapters, man.. this is a very fierce arc

Loving every moment, truly 10/10 work. ONE PIECE has entered god-tier mode yet again

Enormous chapter. Carrot and Wanda as Sulong slashing Charlotte Perospero's face up like that. I have no words, that was the perfect first strike. To have a mark on your face from an enemy is bad enough, but this dude's face is now irredeemably fucked. He just lost all his pride as the first son of the Big Mom Pirates if he is to somehow escape their clutches in this situation. I can't tell if he's horribly injured but I would assume so. If you look at the picture, he has three slashes from Carrot's claws, and Wanda slashed him with her cutlass. They didn't kill him, or come close, but I would bet he's feeling unreal pain with those cuts. I think Carrot and Wanda are going to rip him to shreds. Something that'll probably make even Hakuba (Cavendish) slashing up Dellinger look merciful. I cannot wait to see what happens to Perospero. I doubt they take their time as in torturing him, he should still put up a fight of some kind even if 1v2 but I think Carrot and Wanda are about to unleash some terror

One of the most satisfying moments was seeing how Big Mom completely, and I mean 100% disregards this dude Perospero after two enemies come out of nowhere and fuck up her first child. She acknowledges them, she seems greatly surprised of them being in their Sulong form, and then at that moment when there was probably some energy to be expended in battle in that particular scene, Big Mom sort of wakes up to what she came to WANO KUNI for and sets out to the top floor of Onigashima. All she said was, "Don't involve me in your squabbles!! Do whatever you want!!" and dropped everything lol. Can't even imagine being Perospero in that situation. Big Mom's regard for him is like that of an insect. And now he's fighting with severe battle wounds to the face really close to the eyes at that, 2v1 versus Sulong Minks of all opponents. I'm calling it, he'll receive a relentless wave of lethal cuts, will be slashed into four pieces and then finished by electrocution delivered at the hands of Carrot, God Enel level power btw. Whichever way he dies (assuming Carrot + Wanda will kill Perospero) it's probably going to be vicious

On top of all that, Roronoa and X-Drake fighting Scratchmen Apoo = 10/10

I've been waiting for that moment longer than anyone. Ever since he surfaced at Sabaody Archipelago I've despised him. When X-Drake said "I've always hated you" right to his face like that, that was poetry to me.

QfZvkLeYbivBfAPHM4Ql1605277572.jpg

Cutty Flam

Banned
Yoboman Yoboman , since I have read up to Chapter 998, it's only right that I give a proper guess with much more insight now that am up to speed with the current situation

Here is more stab at it, this arrow ought to land a little bit closer to the target, I would think, in comparison to my last guess

The 9 Red Scabbards are looking unable to deal any real damage. They've essentially jolted Kaido, only have given him a wake up call and ignited his rage; he's now fighting for real. I thought in the past that they were going to take this battle into their hands and handle at least a solid 20-30% of it, but that damage they deal may have to come much later. I think they've merely given him a very deep and annoying paper cut at this point in the battle if we're going to compare it to something. Kaido is on an entirely different level from what I had previously thought. It's been shown repeatedly in this arc and throughout the entire manga/anime really. If I had to estimate, he's twice as strong as Whitebeard was when he went he declared war on the Navy at Marineford to rescue Ace... So here is what I think is going to happen in chapter 1,000

Another case of absolute insanity and pandemonium. Perospero vs Carrot/Wanda is set. The battles with the Flying Six or Tobbiroppo are all set. Next the godly battles will start to align. To start it off, this will the first of several but I think this will take place on episode 1,000. And at this point I think anything can happen, so I'll just throw this guess right out there and say it

-Charlotte "Big Mom" Linlin, Marco the Phoenix, Eustass Kid, Killer, Roronoa Zoro, Trafalgar D. Water Law, King, Queen, Jack, Nine Red Scabbards, Monkey D. Luffy, and Kaido--all on the same exact level, where all out, colossal war will explode. This is where, the Four Emperors Saga reaches its pinnacle. Chapter 1,000. Chapter 999 seems like a flashback almost certain that it will reveal some of the prowess that Ace possessed in his prime and also the sheer power of Kaido. Then Chapter 1,000, where everything will sharply turn to some of the most powerful forces in ONE PIECE, reaching the same level as Kaido, where the Nine Red Scabbards are already engaged, with Kaido. This will mark the deadliest encounters to date, and I believe it will all happen in Chapter 1,000. The beginning of the struggle for dominance. The best fights we will see, until the following arcs, are right ahead. One more time, that's:

-EMPEROR OF THE SEA, Charlotte "Big Mom" Linlin
-WHITEBEARD'S RIGHT HAND MAN, FORMER 1ST DIVISION COMMANDER OF THE WHITEBEARD PIRATES, Marco the Phoenix
-RIVAL OF LUFFY, SUPERNOVA, Eustass 'Captain' Kid
-RIVAL OF ZORO, SUPERNOVA, "Massacre Soldier" Killer
-YONKO COMMANDER, LUFFY'S RIGHT HAND MAN, SUPERNOVA, "Pirate Hunter" Roronoa Zoro
-ALLY OF THE MAN WHO WILL BECOME KING OF THE PIRATES, FORMER WARLORD OF THE SEA, SUPERNOVA, "Surgeon of Death" Trafalgar D. Water Law
-KAIDO"S RIGHT HAND MAN, HEADLINER/ LEAD ALL-STAR OF THE BEAST PIRATES, YONKO COMMANDER, King The Conflagration
-HEADLINER/ALL-STAR OF THE BEAST PIRATES, 2ND STRONGEST OF THE DISASTERS, Queen The Plague
-HEADLINER/ALL-STAR OF THE BEAST PIRATES, Jack The Drought
-RETAINERS OF THE FORMER SHOGUN OF WANO KUNI, KOZUKI ODEN, RETAINERS OF THE MAN WHO WILL BECOME THE SHOGUN OF WANO KUNI, KOZUKI MOMONOSUKE, The 9 Red Scabbards
-FIFTH EMPEROR OF THE SEA, "Straw Hat" Luffy / Monkey D. Luffy the man who will become Pirate King
-EMPEROR OF THE SEA, KING OF THE BEASTS, STRONGEST CREATURE IN THE WORLD, Kaido of the Beasts

All on one stage, one battlefield, in close proximity. That will be Chapter 1,000. Onigashima will land on the Flower Capitol, and the greatest war to date in ONE PIECE will reach its zenith. In Marineford it was Warlords fronting as guard-- fighting kept at a minimum, it was one Yonko past his prime commanding near countless Commander forces under his name as well as others, against the Navy, against five prominent Admirals (Vice Admiral Garp who did little in the Summit War, Sengoku, Aokiji, Kizaru, Akainu) and that was known as the Paramount War. Now takes place, a war that is levels beyond that. If I had to guess, the Tobbiroppo alone are near-Admiral level, so that's six admirals that will be fighting to the death against various Straw Hat Pirates, other Supernovas, among others. Then you add in the Yonkos, three of them. Add to that, Marco, Zoro, Kid are on a different level, close to Yonko themselves, King is probably at Yonko level given Kaido's trust in him...

This war, if you add up all the force, is what it would be like to witness 7-9 Yonko / Emperors of the Sea fight in one setting. This is unbelievable work we're seeing here and I think Chapter 1,000 is what WANO will be all about

Also, I know he's banned and unfortunately wont be able to respond, but shoutout to timeflais timeflais
He saw much further ahead than me with ONE PIECE and certain themes that I think Oda intended for us as fans to eventually catch onto, within his work. I hope one day that you will try reaching out to one of the mods here at NeoGAF so we can possibly discuss One Piece in-depth and at various angles again

All I know is, my level of excitement for the 1,000th Chapter is over 9,000 right now. Yoboman Yoboman I'm confident that I could be right, Chapter 1,000 is the 'explosion' ........ and it will take place the moment Onigashima lands at the Flower Capitol, the center of WANO KUNI, where this 'explosion' would need to take place - that is my guess

Cutty Flam

Banned
Congratulations Eiichiro Oda, Chapter 1,000 of ONE PIECE

Picture this:

Luffy vs. Doffy fight but multiply it by about...118.....

That’s what this current battle on the roof is going to be equivalent to

All of the 9 Red Scabbards are nearly taking their last breaths. One even lost her arm to Kaido

There may be five versus the two Yonko in front of them, but unless Kid and Killer have something up their sleeves, they’re likely pushovers in this fight, largely. So that means Luffy, Roronoa, and Law will probably be the who will have to endure the bulk of this. And we know that Law’s intelligence will matter in this fight, but can he deal significant damage? His plans to take down Doflamingo succeeded, but almost the entirety of the battle fell onto Straw Hat Luffy. Has Law grown stronger and wiser in battle since then? Can Kid and Killer contribute significantly here to take down Big Mom and Kaido? Or will it be a showdown where Luffy and Zoro are the only two standing to take on the two Yonko? Is it possible Zoro doesn’t make it to be able to cross one out and passes out before the battle ends, leaving Luffy to fight 2v1? Killer stabbed him earlier so it is possible I would guess. But if that’s the case, can Luffy finish them both by himself????

This is crazy to think about. I don’t even know how this is going to play out from here in the next chapter

Cutty Flam

Banned
I've just finished reading chapter 1000. I was getting goosebumps all the time, I'm hyped as fuck, holy shit.
Luffy walked right past Kaido and Big Mom dude. This chapter is phenomenal. The five supernovas from the Worst Generation versus (2) Yonko ......

Going to be one hellish fight. Not even just for them, think of the Tobiroppo aka “The Flying Six” and those fights. Nami and Usopp almost died versus one of them. What are the chances one of the headliners of the Beast Pirates or All-Stars make it to the roof or less likely but still doable would be the Tobiroppo? All I know is that this is going to be epic for months and months and months. I cannot wait

My hype level is off the charts. I might have to start posting in this thread more often about previous arcs to keep me steady, I’ve been thinking about the current arc nonstop for weeks...

I’ve been rewatching One Piece at a leisurely pace to see and witness what I might have missed the first time. Right now at the very start of the Alabasta Saga

TTOOLL

Luffy walked right past Kaido and Big Mom dude. This chapter is phenomenal. The five supernovas from the Worst Generation versus (2) Yonko ......

Going to be one hellish fight. Not even just for them, think of the Tobiroppo aka “The Flying Six” and those fights. Nami and Usopp almost died versus one of them. What are the chances one of the headliners of the Beast Pirates or All-Stars make it to the roof or less likely but still doable would be the Tobiroppo? All I know is that this is going to be epic for months and months and months. I cannot wait

My hype level is off the charts. I might have to start posting in this thread more often about previous arcs to keep me steady, I’ve been thinking about the current arc nonstop for weeks...

I’ve been rewatching One Piece at a leisurely pace to see and witness what I might have missed the first time. Right now at the very start of the Alabasta Saga

I think gODA will off-screen a lot of these secondary battles, it's just too much. We'll hopefully get a Kaido/Rocks flashback soon, maybe next chapter??

Cutty Flam

Banned
I think gODA will off-screen a lot of these secondary battles, it's just too much. We'll hopefully get a Kaido/Rocks flashback soon, maybe next chapter??
Not sure how he’ll proceed, but I do estimate that WANO KUNI arc will extend easily another year and a half. I think Oda has his eye set on this one, we’re going to see a lot from all these characters. And a fair amount told in the form of flashbacks. The ending of this arc is poised to be godly as well, big fan of the end of arcs in OP

Cutty Flam

Banned
I forgot all about this. Episode 68, Captain Morgan attacking Garp, holding his son hostage, then kidnapping his son forcing him to work under him as a slave, Coby rescuing him (sort of) and then Helmeppo denouncing his father; swearing to surpass and capture him one day

That's a fight I look forward to. That could be a very interesting fight, especially in terms of what would be said during said battle. It might not even take place. They could not meet again, and Helmeppo just has bigger fish to fry...

And adding onto that last note above, if Coby is taking on The Pirate Empress, Boa Hancock, then Helmeppo-san might be accompanying him. I figured it's a possibility he could be taking on another Shichibukai but the two of them are always together and it's more likely that Helmeppo is with Coby near Amazon Lily. I wonder how that fight is going to flesh out? Boa was trained and raised by Rayleigh...I think her sisters were as well

Cutty Flam

Banned
Dem Minks. Whos the best?

Pedro imo. Then I’m going with Nekomamushi / Master Cat Viper

That guy is a monster. I am honestly very surprised that Master Cat Viper and Duke Dogstorm in Sulong form with the other 7 of the 9 Red Scabbards failed to land more damage to Kaido. They don’t have the technique it must be, but I still thought through sheer power and will they were going to land one more statement blow to Kaido before he shut them down but it seems Kaido went full rage mode and there was no answer

I also am a big fan of Carrot. I think her contributions have been great. I would 100% be glad to see her be initiated as an official member of the crew after this arc. Her and one other should be invited along board The Thousand Sunny

Cutty Flam

Banned

One of the most powerful moments in the entire anime. This is no regular fight. Law didn’t just take on Vergo here. Although the rest weren’t there in the flesh, that was a vicious blow to four of Law’s enemies

First it was Luffy. Next it was Whitebeard. And then it was Law. All three have declared war against the greatest foes in the entire manga/anime. A lot of talk goes towards Luffy and the crew, some others, but It is actually Trafalgar Law who leads the Worst Generation, right there with Luffy. It is not just Luffy, but Law as well. I think he’s on equal footing with Luffy. Not his equal in power, strength or fighting ability, but Trafalgar Law is the mastermind of this anime

Cutty Flam

Banned
I can’t wait for this week’s chapter. I expect a flashback of some sort but I’ll be even happier if there isn’t one.
TTOOLL TTOOLL , I have a theory about those flashbacks that I doubt any other fan has thought of. Of course, it’s just theory and for fun, but if this ended up being the case? It would heighten this story immensely imo

Ace went to WANO to avenge Oden, even though he never met him. That was the extent of his loyalty to the Whitebeard and Whitebeard Pirates. But I know he didn’t just travel all the way there for nothing; not just to fight some and party some with Yamato. Knowing Ace he probably did something substantial. I am going to to guess, and this is a huge guess that has the potential to be way off, but my theory is that he challenged King. Ace challenged King, and won. Ace beats King. Considering his battle with Jinbe, at that time I wouldn’t be surprised if Ace took on King, defeated him convincingly, and then fought Queen and Jack. It’s a very bold prediction, but that is what I will guess. Ace beats King. Ace beats Queen. Ace beats Jack. They all fold at Ace’s hand. Ace’s true strength in battle will be shown in WANO KUNI. In Marineford, he was tortured, famished, without hope, he was broken and his Vivre Card was nearly diminished at Impel Down. The World Government nearly killed Ace just before his Execution. But even despite that, his will to fight once he was freed by Luffy, he fought brilliantly. He fought the Navy’s best at Marineford once he was unshackled, like he was at 100% , even though he was likely at 1-3% persisting only by sheer will. I think we’re going to see how powerful Ace truly is in Wano Country. And I think we’re going to learn that at Ace’s strongest he was stronger than even Marco the Phoenix

That is my prediction. It’s very bold, like almost too bold but I think he was over there for a real reason, and it wasn’t just out of loyalty. I think Ace truly meant and aimed to take Kaido’s head when he arrived at Wano. And I think even the three All-Stars weren’t going to be enough to defeat Ace. He had to settle for them, since Kaido was elsewhere

This will illustrate how powerful Ace was. It will show just how overwhelmingly powerful Blackbeard was pre-time skip as well. If this ridiculous theory ends up being correct, I think it elevates the story and shows how immensely powerful Ace, Blackbeard, and King (Maybe Queen as well) were / and now are after having faced someone like Portgas D. Ace

Imagine that for a minute. Ace, taking on all of Kaido’s best, in his prime....Those would be some godly fights

TTOOLL

TTOOLL TTOOLL , I have a theory about those flashbacks that I doubt any other fan has thought of. Of course, it’s just theory and for fun, but if this ended up being the case? It would heighten this story immensely imo

Ace went to WANO to avenge Oden, even though he never met him. That was the extent of his loyalty to the Whitebeard and Whitebeard Pirates. But I know he didn’t just travel all the way there for nothing; not just to fight some and party some with Yamato. Knowing Ace he probably did something substantial. I am going to to guess, and this is a huge guess that has the potential to be way off, but my theory is that he challenged King. Ace challenged King, and won. Ace beats King. Considering his battle with Jinbe, at that time I wouldn’t be surprised if Ace took on King, defeated him convincingly, and then fought Queen and Jack. It’s a very bold prediction, but that is what I will guess. Ace beats King. Ace beats Queen. Ace beats Jack. They all fold at Ace’s hand. Ace’s true strength in battle will be shown in WANO KUNI. In Marineford, he was tortured, famished, without hope, he was broken and his Vivre Card was nearly diminished at Impel Down. The World Government nearly killed Ace just before his Execution. But even despite that, his will to fight once he was freed by Luffy, he fought brilliantly. He fought the Navy’s best at Marineford once he was unshackled, like he was at 100% , even though he was likely at 1-3% persisting only by sheer will. I think we’re going to see how powerful Ace truly is in Wano Country. And I think we’re going to learn that at Ace’s strongest he was stronger than even Marco the Phoenix

That is my prediction. It’s very bold, like almost too bold but I think he was over there for a real reason, and it wasn’t just out of loyalty. I think Ace truly meant and aimed to take Kaido’s head when he arrived at Wano. And I think even the three All-Stars weren’t going to be enough to defeat Ace. He had to settle for them, since Kaido was elsewhere

This will illustrate how powerful Ace was. It will show just how overwhelmingly powerful Blackbeard was pre-time skip as well. If this ridiculous theory ends up being correct, I think it elevates the story and shows how immensely powerful Ace, Blackbeard, and King (Maybe Queen as well) were / and now are after having faced someone like Portgas D. Ace

Imagine that for a minute. Ace, taking on all of Kaido’s best, in his prime....Those would be some godly fights

I don't know about that, it seems too much? And didn't they say that there was nobody there when Ace visited Wano??

Cutty Flam

Banned
I don't know about that, it seems too much? And didn't they say that there was nobody there when Ace visited Wano??
It’s definitely too much lol. I know Kaido wasn’t there, not sure which Beast Pirates were present at Wano while Ace was there I’ll have to check out the chapters with those flashbacks again. But I think it’s a long shot for sure. Even if the headliners were not there, there’s a chance that they could have returned to Wano before Kaido, while he was out finishing whatever he set out to do. But I think Ace is more powerful than everyone thinks, based on what’s been presented by Oda up to now

Remember when Ace confronted Blackbeard at Banaro Island on top of the roof on that one building? Blackbeard offered Ace a spot in his crew and in the time most people would have then thought in their mind to process what BB had just said to him, Van Augur let off a shot that hit Ace directly in the head. Ace didn’t even consider Blackbeard’s offer, he didn’t even flinch at a bullet but instead denied BB as he was getting shot. It sort of made Van Augur look like a fool in that moment as well but BB and his crew are no joke at all. What I mean to say is that Ace has gone on two of these solo missions before. Against Whitebeard of all people, against his own Captain’s advice. Ace is that powerful of a pirate. It’s only that Blackbeard is probably not even human...I agree with Buggy, there is something wrong with Blackbeard. He’s not normal, and nobody can say how powerful he is as it is a mystery, but I have a feeling even before he and his crew finished off WB at Marineford and stole his Gura Gura no Mi, that BB was beyond Yonko level. He’s incredibly stupid, cowardly, and for some strange reason plays dumb repeatedly, but when he engages it seems like there is no equal. Even Shanks has conceded to this fact. And Shanks can go head to head with Kaido unscathed. But BB somehow managed to best him in a fight. If Ace hadn’t had fought BB, he’d probably be one of the strongest and still alive. I wouldn’t be surprised if BB at this point has the power of three Yonko combined. He let his own crew handle Gekko Moria, and even they treated him like some lost child / some kind of joke. Watch out, BB is more dangerous than we probably have thought

Ace would probably be alive today if he hadn’t miscalculated; had he known what BB was and still is hiding...

Cutty Flam

Banned
I just realized this. The ones who dealt the most damage to Big Mom, are actually Nami and Brook if you think about what took place in that arc. Luffy as well, but Nami and Brook brought the most physical pain and trauma to Big Mom

MeFitSail

Banned
8rXp6Ij.png

Wano looks awfully familiar Albeit a rudimentary representation.
Rudimentary representation of the the brain...

lbsmj34.png

rb40kb5.png

This is confirmed. Have you been figuring out Oda's engima? Don't focus on the story only.

wkf3j8w.png

"awakening"

Let me give you a clue that connects intro of current arc, vs the recommended episode "146".

ffzdj7i.png

(Attack on Titan and One piece closely connected - - -
- - - Titan coordinate - - -
- - - Grand Line - - -

Ha ha, I hope we make it in one piece.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Rudimentary representation of the the brain...

lbsmj34.png

rb40kb5.png

This is confirmed. Have you been figuring out Oda's engima? Don't focus on the story only.

wkf3j8w.png

"awakening"

Let me give you a clue that connects intro of current arc, vs the recommended episode "146".

ffzdj7i.png

(Attack on Titan and One piece closely connected - - -
- - - Titan coordinate - - -
- - - Grand Line - - -

Ha ha, I hope we make it in one piece.
Razor-sharp post. Never caught that...I was thinking different but this makes a lot more sense. I see two prominent ideas / symbols now, presented to us in the land of Wano Country

Much to think about - I have been trying to connect certain ideas and events, things said in the past, to find a possibility leading up to a theory, but I still have a lot more to consider before even close to coming to a conclusion I feel

Why should I start watching it?
It could become your favorite anime. In which case, there would plenty of quality entertainment to enjoy for years to come. One thing I will say about One Piece, without spoiling anything for you, is that the characters in OP are such an integral part of this story. Even the randoms that are just shouting out stuff are great often times imo. The randoms who aren't given a name and are just in the background. Every character seems to matter. And there are now 1,100+ characters and counting as we move through the ninth major saga in One Piece. I was actually looking at a paper I created earlier today, just a top 150 One Piece characters list I made for fun one day. Pretty much all of them are very complex, very intriguing characters. And the amount of powerful characters within this work, well exceeds 100+ there are so many powerful characters in One Piece that have their own place in all of this / within the story. A crazy thing to think about is: I truly think we're going to see pretty much all of these characters, maybe 80% of them again before this legendary story arrives at its final chapter

You do not want to miss this. I believe we as fans are going to witness the greatest war in manga/anime history as well as the greatest and most satisfying ending ever to any story. I think you should at least give a chance to see if you like it and if this is for you. Would love to discuss this with many others, there's still plenty of time before the entire thing comes to a conclusion too, knowing Oda lol. You should have a comfortable 4-7 years before things start to wrap up is my guess
I skimmed the first page of the thread and jumped to the last page. Did OP get bored and start asking himself questions?
one piece GIF by Funimation

Yoboman

Ace went to Wano before he was with Whitebeard

Ace was trying to defeat the 4 emperors including Whitebeard

Cutty Flam

Banned
Yoboman Yoboman good correction, that makes a huge difference in what I had previously thought in all of that

I assumed that Ace had known what it was like to go against an Emperor of the Sea before you corrected that mistake, but since this all took place before fighting WB and joining his crew, it seems Ace was in over his head. If he could not defeat Jinbe, there is no way he can compete with the other Yonko imo. I had thought that Ace was a bit more prepared

AJUMP23

It could become your favorite anime. In which case, there would plenty of quality entertainment to enjoy for years to come. One thing I will say about One Piece, without spoiling anything for you, is that the characters in OP are such an integral part of this story. Even the randoms that are just shouting out stuff are great often times imo. The randoms who aren't given a name and are just in the background. Every character seems to matter. And there are now 1,100+ characters and counting as we move through the ninth major saga in One Piece. I was actually looking at a paper I created earlier today, just a top 150 One Piece characters list I made for fun one day. Pretty much all of them are very complex, very intriguing characters. And the amount of powerful characters within this work, well exceeds 100+ there are so many powerful characters in One Piece that have their own place in all of this / within the story. A crazy thing to think about is: I truly think we're going to see pretty much all of these characters, maybe 80% of them again before this legendary story arrives at its final chapter

You do not want to miss this. I believe we as fans are going to witness the greatest war in manga/anime history as well as the greatest and most satisfying ending ever to any story. I think you should at least give a chance to see if you like it and if this is for you. Would love to discuss this with many others, there's still plenty of time before the entire thing comes to a conclusion too, knowing Oda lol. You should have a comfortable 4-7 years before things start to wrap up is my guess
Can you explain the overall premise?

gosox333

I have a One Piece guy I watch on YT and he brought up something interesting that I hadn't considered that just happened in the anime.

Revealing the Yonko's and Roger's bounties really does put a ceiling on things in the One Piece world.

Just another sign that we're ramping down, which has been the case for a while now. But still, I thought it was something cool I hadn't realized in the year/two years it had been out there in the manga.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Can you explain the overall premise?
Inherited Will, The Destiny of the Age, The Dreams of its People. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom, these things will never cease! - Gol D. Roger

The previous Pirate King, Gol D. Roger, conquered the Grand Line and acquired everything this world had to offer including wealth, fame, power, and the treasure known as the One Piece. On the day of Gol D. Roger's execution these were his last words before execution in answer to a random man in the crowd, asking where he hid his special treasure, the greatest treasure in the world, ONE PIECE.... Gol D Roger: "My treasure? If you want it, I'll let you have it. Go look for it. I left it all at that one place!" And so began The Great Pirate Era. The age when pirates across the globe set sail in search for the mysterious treasure, all this world has to offer, the One Piece. The story of One Piece centers around a young man named Monkey D. Luffy who sets out to sea, inspired by his idol, "Red Haired" Shanks, to become the King of the Pirates. Luffy gathers 'nakama' who also possess similarly bold aspirations to be part of his crew as he draws closer to his ultimate goal - becoming Pirate King / finding One Piece

Luffy and his crew traveling the Grand Line in search of adventure and in search of the One Piece all while pursuing their greatest ambitions is the clearest premise of the show I can give

I have a One Piece guy I watch on YT and he brought up something interesting that I hadn't considered that just happened in the anime.

Revealing the Yonko's and Roger's bounties really does put a ceiling on things in the One Piece world.

Just another sign that we're ramping down, which has been the case for a while now. But still, I thought it was something cool I hadn't realized in the year/two years it had been out there in the manga.
Love it bro, I can't get enough either. But I see it as the opposite, those are mere numbers. The Worst Generation is about to turn this world upside down, just as Whitebeard foretold in his speech before he took last breaths. We are not witnessing the ramping down of anything, but instead we are now seeing exactly what the rookies/supernovas are capable of. We cannot say anything is waning at all. Things are only escalating at an alarming rate at this point. And not only that, the raid at Onigashima, is actually only the warm up, we are accurate in calling it that....The raid at Onigashima, as crazy as this sounds, will be nothing compared to the following war. The Dawn of the World that Nekoamushi and Pedro spoke about, that time is approaching at a rapid pace. After Wano Kuni One Piece is set to explode. Remember the Navy making their move? That was just Fujitora's initiative. One Navy Admiral's decision. What else is about to happen? This is extremely exciting stuff we're witnessing. I can't even calm down when discussing all this most of the time lol

GeorgPrime

Banned
Finished now Chapter 1001.

I love it everytime you see "Serious Ruffy" coming out.

The moment Kaido challenged him to tell him again, straight to the face, what he is going to be" and Ruffy straight up brings hom down while telling him that he is Monkey D. Ruffy and he will be the next pirate king. Epic.

The "Loser Game" betweetn the new gen is fucking funny too xDDDDDDD

Cutty Flam

Banned
Zou arc is superb upon first watch, it's even better now revisiting. Everything about this arc is remarkable

GeorgPrime GeorgPrime
Can't wait to read it man, I'll probably set aside some time before Wednesday, definitely will chime in and discuss Chapter 1,001 soon
This will test you.

Damn good find, that's a tough quiz. Really fun too
I only managed to get 11/20 haha

But there is one question that should be worded a bit differently, if anyone takes the quiz watch out for the bounties question. They omit some members but don't mention this so one would figure if the order is wrong then it's a specific answer given. That's the only minor issue with this quiz, besides that, it's a very strong one. Anybody caught up to current in the manga should give it a try. Those not caught up are bound to miss a question or two I would think

Top Bottom