• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I the only one disgusted by the complete lack of coverage on the Xbox Series S?

Iced Arcade

Yes.

They didn't send media/reviewers Series S consoles... Imagine being one and getting a Series S while everyone else gets a Series X "well guess it's fuck me and fuck reviews for you"

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ps5 is special when you look at it it’s the same hardware as the PS5 disk version series s (terrible name) is at lot better than gamers give it credit for, better than the Xbox one series x but not as good as the Xbox series x.

The reason they're keeping you in the dark about the Series S and its capabilities is because the S is a noticeably underpowered 'next-gen' console without a disc drive. It's the consequence of targeting a lower price, i.e. the console is unimpressive compared to the Series X. You never lead with your bad foot, so it makes sense why Microsoft would prioritize the Series X instead of the S.

Since launch is still a few weeks out, we may get new Series S stuff soon. Hardware breakdown, cross-play with the X, that sort of stuff.

Series S is the Hunter Biden of next gen

tumblr_mn0lr1VWHP1s1wa0eo1_400.gif

NickFire

They have outright admitted the Series S will be their sales leader next gen, and seem content to let the price do most of the talking otherwise. It's probably a smart move to not say much else right now, because it will just cut against expectations of being all about power this generation.

Self

I dont think MS has any interest in really selling more than their initial small shipments and if they had a choice they would rather stores stock Series X than S. I bet it has a tiny shelf space and online presence as well.

That doesn't make any sense, at all.

Trunim

Because the big majority who's going to buy a console doesn't even know they're coming out in November. Just the loud minority of us nerds, and you do not want to get in the ring against PS5 with a Series S.

Last edited:
Top Bottom