• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I the only one disgusted by the complete lack of coverage on the Xbox Series S?

TalentedMrJ

by the complete lack of coverage on the Xbox Series S???

xbox-series-s-real-photo-scaled.jpg

They release the launch trailer and an 8 minute video describing the console with very little actual gameplay footage

MS sends out preview Series X to youtubers and media sites. But no Series S.
Why?

Less then a month out and I feel in the dark about this console and it's capabilities

benjohn

It doesn't really make sense for Microsoft to put a lot of emphasis on a machine which obviously is weaker than than the competition. Most of early adopters are more interested in X and Microsoft wants to keep it that way. Later when more people buy into next gen, SS is also going to get more push.

Riky

$MSFT
It's a pity they haven't sent any Series S hardware to say Digital Foundry, I'd love to see some comparisons not only with Series X but also One X.

I suppose because it only plays One S versions of last gen games they decided to concentrate on Series X for the core gamer first.

I've ordered one and I love how small it looks, One S is compact but this is tiny in comparison so hitting 120fps is quite a feat for a tiny box at this price. Hopefully see more very soon.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It’s not a console for early adopters OP. It’s for casuals gamers. People who don‘t care if they’re playing on a potato. They won’t bother promoting it until Xmas run up.

Last edited:

Calverz

Just the Series S from what I can see. Series X has barely showed any games

Sony has done a great job with PS5. Demon Souls, Spiderman, and Sackboy. New UI

To me MS is shitting the bed right now
They are doing a sony. As in say nothing and let the console do the talking.
Why release info on it when naturally people like will draw comparisons to the ps5 digital edition. The console will be fine and find a market for price conscious gamers.
I meam what do you want to know so badly?

Banned
I bet they're already out there but under embargo.

it's pretty simple tho, games will run at either 1/3 or 1/4 of the resolution that they run in on Series X and the available SSD space will be around 350GB most likely

power consumption will be ridiculously low compared to the PS5 and Series X

and with low power consumption comes way less heat and therefore it's most likely super quiet as well.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Both Sony and MS seem to want people to forget these lower cost consoles exist, except for their price tags.

The PS5 "starts at" $399 and the Xbox Series at $299. Good luck finding one, as these companies are currently only making enough to say they technically exist.

It's a shame that the Series S and Digital PS5 aren't swapped. I'd have actually preferred an all-digital $399 Xbox Series X, at the same power, seeing as I'll probably only play GamePass games on it. But for PS5, I definitely want the disc drive. So, as it is now, I needed both $500 versions anyway.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
DISGUSTING.

No, I don't care about this POS.

Do you own a PS4 or Xbox one? The S puts them to shame. It trounces a PS4 pro and Xbox one X too, despite having less TF.
It's a compact beast, out shadowed only by two new outstanding consoles. It will get moderate traction for $299, will see it fly off the shelves next year when it's $199.

It's the secondary console, they said what was in it and what it can do. All Xbox games work on it, what more do you want?

Not all work on it, none of xbox original games work that are on disc, same for 360+one.

You said "All xbox games" which of course means all xbox systems. Same as "all Playstation games" = would mean all consoles + maybe even handhelds

If you meant xbox series s/x games, then say it, and blame Microsoft by naming their consoles so stupidly.

tillbot8

Banned
Not all work on it, none of xbox original games work that are on disc, same for 360+one.

You said "All xbox games" which of course means all xbox systems. Same as "all Playstation games" = would mean all consoles + maybe even handhelds

If you meant xbox series s/x games, then say it, and blame Microsoft by naming their consoles so stupidly.
Okay?

Top Bottom