• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

am i on crack or is the 360 wired pad just a bit more responsive?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
sasimirobot said:
human reaction time is roughly .21 seconds, plus or minus several hundredths for individual differences, and human inconsistency

I never have problems with my WaveBird and Ikaruga and Wario Ware (the fastest games I can think of)

I played F-Zero GX with a wavebird with great performance

ba702072e6.jpg

the wired is more responsive?????????

Tain

With the Wavebird, I've noticed it. Granted, it's downright stupid NOT to use it for anything but a competitive game, but even then, considering the GC library, I doubt I'd care enough.

The Faceless Master said:
well, maybe you shouldn't have pets if you can't control them?

Well, I'm sure you're the unquestioned master of all the animals under your control, but sometimes puppies will do what they want to do regardless of what you say similar to any other young animal....

P90

sasimirobot said:
human reaction time is roughly .21 seconds, plus or minus several hundredths for individual differences, and human inconsistency

QUOTE]

That is one broad stroke there, leaving many variable out of the equation, like stress, inebriation, distractions, etc. You are also leaving out anticipation . Which is usually much more important than raw reaction time in motor performance. No one could hit a fast ball by Randy Johnson, for example, by using reaction time alone, but anticipation makes it possible.

GitarooMan said:
Well, I'm sure you're the unquestioned master of all the animals under your control, but sometimes puppies will do what they want to do regardless of what you say similar to any other young animal....
oh, i don't have any pets :D

Do wireless controllers transmit radiowaves? Those would be light waves then travling at the speed of light, and the electrons being sent through a wired controller cord would also be travelling at the speed of light. So why is wireless slower?

nightez

Banned
Tain said:
With the Wavebird, I've noticed it. Granted, it's downright stupid NOT to use it for anything but a competitive game, but even then, considering the GC library, I doubt I'd care enough.

Phew I'm glad i aint the only one that noticed it

/

Top Bottom