• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ALONE IN THE DARK REVIVAL IN THE WORKS AND BEING TEASED

Roberts

U2jTlhz.png

Krathoon

Now wasn't Carnby possessed by the Devil for a while in Alone in the Dark 2008? That is the impression I got.

That is supposed to be how it is he still is alive. Magic.

Alone in the Dark 1 was released approximately 30 years ago, in 1992. It also features arguably the first story-based female lead character in 3D games, Emily Hartwood, a certified baddass.
unknown.png

...This is before she was dropped for the second game, and turned into a damsel for the third. =/

I'd love a 1920s/1930s fixed camera revival for this Friday. I'm probably going to get the announcement of a first person open world skating sim. Obviously I'm ordering enormous quantities of hopium and copium in advance.

(Alone In the Dark 5 (AITD5, or 'AIDS' as I like to refer to it) was not... a great game. But it had a LOT of interesting experiments (fire propagation, closing your eyes for more info, limited crafting, the fissure...!))

I'm less annoyed by the shoulder cam than I am about the sheer lack of imagination this is displaying.
Turning Derceto into an asylum (mental health cliches), when they had the chance to write about the horror of the plantations.
Rrrgh.
I AM pleased to see Emily in gameplay and on the box, however.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
For Christ sake every image has a light on and he's not even alone on the cover FFS.

Should have been called Together in the Dimly Lit.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
If it's a teaser, it means it's secretly been in development for over 3-4 years and is about 85-90% complete.

I'm glad they didn't forget about the I.P.

So. Yeah.
Still reserving final judgement for gameplay.
But that's not having me spinning in my tank controls.
I like the music - it's giving me Deadly Premonition / Twin Peaks vibes.
The rest of it? Glimpses of gibberish, at this stage.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
F Flabagast - Oh, really? Can you link me? I was honestly just repeating what I was told.

tommib tommib - Yeah, my take also. I mean, you can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need. That's what I hear.

rofif rofif - That's how I understand it also. I'll be honest, saw the video, just lashed it down here without thinking about it too much.

Captain Toad Captain Toad - I mean, that gets confusing now that there's three games called Alone in the Dark. But I have sympathy for JLB JLB 's fixed cam preference...!

Top Bottom