• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Prometheus leak (2024, Metroidvania Resident Evil-like horror shooter)

Ben87fr

The only great things in the Alien saga are the first one, Aliens and Alien Isolation, i don't hate the rest but it has become a clusterfuck with prometheus and covenant, and i don't even want to think of alien vs predator, keep it simple damnit ! 💀

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
No. He made some xenos, but the deacon from Prometheus clearly appears first as an example of the proto species it’s all based on. You even see the engineers worshiping a similar organism in the goo chamber. You kind of have to read the original Prometheus script to get most out of that movie, which is a joke.

I just wish they would finish Ridley’s trilogy instead of leaving it with Kenny f**king Power’s.

Holy shit at the Jesus Christ reference, wow, some really nice extras in there also, why, WHY did they cut all this nice lore from the film ? It' only a couple of lines but It could have been so much nicer with them included g'dammit !

PS : Prometheus, for all its faults was a nice film with some really nice shots and mystery surrounding it, Covenant on the other hand was...fucking comedic and dog shite (also barring some nice scenes/shots).

I just don't have any faith left for this franchise anymore...

The only good thing coming out of this franchise in the last decade was Alien isolation, in fact, i'd argue that it's better than anything Alien related after Alien 2 (Aliens), 3 was...not good, Resurrection was a joke (although still kind of enjoyable for what it was) , Prometheus was dividing to say the least and Covenant was a travesty - and don't get me started on the 2 AVP films...

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
Have mixed feelings about the Predators being 'official' in alien canon (vs fun spin offs) and also a 'creation of the Engineers'.

That being said, I always did feel like if they wanted to make the two in the same universe the most rational thing to have done was set the AvP movies far into the future on random human colonies. That way there's not really any harm or foul done to the alien pedigree.

When it says a predator will work as a stalker at one point in the story... does it mean a Predator like AvP predator or is that another name for some type of alien???

Rambone

As long as a decent developer is cooking this up, I'm down for a Resident Evil like experience with a few Call of Duty like marines moments. I will miss Isolation but the next best thing in my mind would be a Resident Evil version of the game. I just hope somebody can nail it again with this franchise.

Dlacy13g

Promethius which had a very non-miltary / privateer story vibe to it...and yet the art page here depicts Aliens Colonial Marines in it... I call bullshit.

Wait, is this in the movies? Where is it said that the xenomorph were created by the engineers?

What I got from Covenant was that the alien/xenomorph was David’s creation. He set loose the black liquid on the engineers home planet and started experimenting and evolving his creation with the wild life and then it all ended with the original xenomorph when the covenant ship landed and the human impregnation happened, which finally let David create the perfect organism and became a God or whatever.

If he’s just duplicating what the engineers had already created then maybe I can stop hating the story. Need to rewatch asap!
From what I gather from Prometheus, the black goo was used by the Engineers to create life on various planets just like in the beginning of the movie when one of the male Engineers drinks it and then falls into the water on Earth to jump start the process. The black goo has properties that rapidly mutates the genetic structure of already living organisms which is why the first scientists who inadvertently came into contact with the black goo became zombie-like and why the small harmless worms in the locked room became large and predatory within moments of touching the material.

Once David the android became aware of what the black goo was capable of doing, he became obsessed with creating "the perfect organism" and giving life to something as he was self-aware enough to know that he was created to only be a tool for real beings. Creating life, in a philosophical manner, gave David the ability to become ruler over his makers. Just my take

Top Bottom