• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Prometheus leak (2024, Metroidvania Resident Evil-like horror shooter)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
x2RSNqg.png

kiphalfton

Lol at it being a mix between Resident Evil Village and Call of Duty... A lot of people bitched about the Chris/Piers campaign in RE6 being Call of Duty esque.

Last edited:

TheGecko

Banned
Prometheus was great but Covenant was such a let down storywise when they explained how the aliens came to be, couldn’t have come up with a more boring explanation.

I agree, but I've tried to think of it like this to stop me hating it.

I think David found information on the alien species in the archives somewhere and managed to replicate one from lots of his genetic testing.

taizuke

You had me at Aliens + Resident Evil and then it had to be in First Person... lol Don't get me wrong RE 7 is one of the best horror games of all time and Village was great, is just FPS doesn't immediately jump at me when i think Resident Evil. Not to mention Alien isolation was also a FPS and that turned out amazing. But, i can't recall the last time we had a good third person Aliens game.

The CoD description is a little worrying but what else is it going to be compared to when its an FPS and the promo features colonial marines.

Anyway, sounds great on paper but looks to be a bit ambitious with it being cannon, answering plot holes, and even throwing Predators into the mix.

Considering it's on 4chin. I am going to take this with a huge pinch of salt. Sounds interesting though. There hasn't been a decent Alien game since Isolation. Although Fire Teams Elite was fun, just lacking content,

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Predators? How and why would they be canon in the Alien franchise?

They have been since the 90s.

In Predator 2 there was a xenomorph skull in the Predator ship. A nice little Easter egg, but it became official with the Alien Vs Predator novels and comics from the 90s. Then you had the AvP games on PC and finally the (terrible) AvP films.

They've shared the same universe for 30 years.

SJRB

Gold Member
I’m 99% sure that artwork is a combination of a classic Geiger piece and not an original work.

I’m calling fake.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Get the fuck outa here with that Engineers made the predators bullshit, bad enough I have ignore the utter bollocks that an android made the fucking Aliens now this.... Scott needed to stay the fuck away from Aliens, Prometheus was semi ok if you ignore how stupid everyone was, it looked great but he well and truly jumped the shark with Covenant,

Now that we got an actual brilliant Predator movie, I'm hoping someone else comes along and totally ignores Scott's recent shite and gives us a new horror based Alien movie grounded in reality

Fredrik

They have been since the 90s.

In Predator 2 there was a xenomorph skull in the Predator ship. A nice little Easter egg, but it became official with the Alien Vs Predator novels and comics from the 90s. Then you had the AvP games on PC and finally the (terrible) AvP films.

They've shared the same universe for 30 years.
I just see that as a fun crossover, they have different writers and the origin story would be even more complicated if they made it canon.

Fredrik

I agree, but I've tried to think of it like this to stop me hating it.

I think David found information on the alien species in the archives somewhere and managed to replicate one from lots of his genetic testing.
I need to rewatch it. Weren’t David’s creator story before Alien 1?

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I'm cautious because the picture claims it as being current-gen only.
Outside 1st-parties, no one's taking those chances.

Predators created by the engineers? I’m sure Ridley Scott is over the fucking moon about this lol. That sounds beyond stupid.

Oh well, hopefully the game is at least fun.

Ben87fr

Haha just look at the picture on the right, it's a mishmash of the poster from alien covenant and the mural from prometheus, so it's just bullshit 💩

Top Bottom