• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Bus

Banned
I like to believe it's true. Exciting stuff

My gut keeps telling me it's all bullshit.

Also feel like this will just die and we won't get any answeres.

This guy has a whole career to fuck up for some weird conspiracy shit. That doesn't make any sense either.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
What evidence with what providence would satisfy you?

picture and or video of the bodies and or craft he says the government has, and that people have apparently seen and told him they have seen.

The government opening the doors and actually admitting what is going on, providing evidence themselves.

Neither of these are likely to ever happen, soo...

But it is hearsay. Grusch has admitted he has never seen any of the evidence himself
Again -

He provided the evidence to the inspector general. I can understand if he said I heard something and that's it but he provided names, locations, documents, he provided EVIDENCE.

The thing that is annoying about this hearsay bs is that you have to close your mind and ignore the context of everything surrounding it. He gave them the names of people who have first hand experience. People who then testified under oath. As he said he has the locations of where everything is located.

If it stopped at Grusch just claiming something? Sure but it didn't stop there. He provided the info and the other people talked.

Last edited:

nush

The problem is this isn’t just some guy. Multiple people with credentials are coming forward and publicly testifying under oath. It really feels like the curtains are being pulled back slowly.

It could be any number of things, we just don’t have the full picture yet.
Right now it feels like the predicted in OLD books I’ve read of “Aliens” being the new big bad, gibs funding for the industrial war machine. I think showing something will just be enough to open checkbooks. This is just a horse and pony show.

22:42.

Ross Coulthart addresses the constant hearsay complaint ( which he also disagrees with )

So again can we move on from the hearsay comments. It's just not accurate. Just because we don't know everything doesn't mean the inspector general, gang of 8, and soon the Congress men and women from the other day doesn't.

G-Bus G-Bus

Apparently these sightings are becoming more and more frequent. So the reality might be they can't keep hiding it which is why this might be boiling over. Ross said this can't be put back into it's box now. So the assumption is this hearing probably gave more of the witnesses confidence to step up. Then it becomes a snowball effect.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
So... has anything actually been revealed yet?

No-one is gonna be convinced by words alone.
It's like hearing a priest telling you stories about god.
It's like, ok, cool. I 100% believe that YOU believe it's true.

But until I literally see god come down and show me some magic tricks I'm not convinced at all.

Crayon

picture and or video of the bodies and or craft he says the government has, and that people have apparently seen and told him they have seen.

The government opening the doors and actually admitting what is going on, providing evidence themselves.

Neither of these are likely to ever happen, soo...

Sounds reasonable but yeah possibly a tall order. At least in any way that we can be sure is not faked.

Razvedka

Banned
Again -

He provided the evidence to the inspector general. I can understand if he said I heard something and that's it but he provided names, locations, documents, he provided EVIDENCE.

The thing that is annoying about this hearsay bs is that you have to close your mind and ignore the context of everything surrounding it. He gave them the names of people who have first hand experience. People who then testified under oath. As he said he has the locations of where everything is located.

If it stopped at Grusch just claiming something? Sure but it didn't stop there. He provided the info and the other people talked.
Further, Rubio (Gang of Eight) unequivocally stated other whistleblowers are talking to them and reaffirming the stuff Grusch privately testified. So they now have primary sources backing up what Grusch is saying.

Further, Rubio (Gang of Eight) unequivocally stated other whistleblowers are talking to them and reaffirming the stuff Grusch privately testified. So they now have primary sources backing up what Grusch is saying
Until something can be proved and shown to the public it'll still be doubted. That's the true frustration. Being jerked around for such an important monumental thing is very frustrating.

Crayon

As for the "why now" question, I am pretty sure it's social media. bitd, a congressman saying they want some answers would have been destroyed by every major outlet and basically out on their ass. Meanwhile, the public has been keenly interested in the subject all along. There was self-censorship that suppressed water cooler talk but when it was time to flip the channel in the privacy of home, the occasional ufo doc was very popular.

Now, they can tweet about maybe aliens and see the approval directly from the public and even the biggest media outlets are too weak to counteract it. It's okay to talk about it now because you don't have to get permission from the media. The public grants it and the truth is they are interested in taking it seriously.

Razvedka

Banned
As for the "why now" question, I am pretty sure it's social media. bitd, a congressman saying they want some answers would have been destroyed by every major outlet and basically out on their ass. Meanwhile, the public has been keenly interested in the subject all along. There was self-censorship that suppressed water cooler talk but when it was time to flip the channel in the privacy of home, the occasional ufo doc was very popular.

Now, they can tweet about maybe aliens and see the approval directly from the public and even the biggest media outlets are too weak to counteract it. It's okay to talk about it now because you don't have to get permission from the media. The public grants it and the truth is they are interested in taking it seriously.
Countdown to 2027.

Hard to know. I mean the navy footage got leaked which forced the Pentagon to confirm it's real. Is it as simple as them saying they didn't take UFOs seriously and they got caught in a lie? Then there was public pressure?

Or so they know something much more serious and this is planned to prepare people? All I know is I'll be super pissed if the government or any of these people are lying about this shit. Government trust is already mega freakin' low for me. Don't play with my childhood dreams of alien contact. Lol

Last edited:

Crayon

Hard to know. I mean the navy footage got leaked which forced the Pentagon to confirm it's real. Is it as simple as them saying they didn't take UFOs seriously and they got caught in a lie? Then there was public pressure?

Or so they know something much more serious and this is planned to prepare people?

It's hard to know about any details because there are so many possibilities. It's complicated but maybe this will best explain how I think about coverupXdisclosure: People claiming the government couldn't keep it a secret are reciting a... actually I don't know what it's called. I guess a rhetorical parlor trick. It's a trick because it's not a secret at all. It hasn't been. Any motherfucker on the street for the last 50 years would look at you funny if you asked what a ufo is. People "know" even if they don't necessarily believe it. The lore didn't come from movies. It came from mostly worldwide military ops and reports thereof.

As of now, if it's some other intelligence, they've probably pulled every lever to cover it up and did an alright job. Ridicule was the most effective tool over the years, though. Now ridicule isn't what it used to be with everyone making an ass out of themselves every five minutes on social media. So I think it would have been a pretty effective cover-up at great cost, but not perfect. Now it's getting hard to maintain since congress can actually follow up on this stuff and get positive reinforcement directly from their constituents instead of putting their head on the block.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I can believe it, they are probably out there and have visited multiple times, I can also believe goverments have kept it all hush hush.

But I also kinda don't care? As long as they don't intend to kill us all I guess, I'm alright with it.

I also don't give a shit if its fake lol

Last edited:

Crayon

It’ll be a hell of a lot cheaper when we complete the reverse engineering and get infinite free clean energy

That is very optimistic! I bet a box of cereal will still be seven bucks and reverse-engineered metacereals will be ten.

This stuff is fake as hell, and the government is obviously lying.
Government is lying???

Aliens are real confirmed!!!!111
NlOhkf9.png

Last edited:
Yeah itd be like holy shit aliens are real thats so fascinating, my mind is blown, oh what's that? It's 10pm? Blimey I better go to bed, dont wanna be late for work tomorrow.
Yeah it wouldn't feel all that important unless aliens start just showing themselves since the jig is up.

Alien next door neighbor listening to some new blink 182 music since Tom Delonge is their biggest fan.

Last edited:

Wheeljack539

Gold Member
I'm on board with that. They could spill it all and the next day a box of cereal is still 7 bucks.

As I grow older (and a bit more cynical/pessimistic) this is the kind of thinking that has seeped into me more and more which is why I've taken more interest in this and other similar things. Doesn't matter what people believe in; God, Flat Earth, Big Foot, etc because at the end of the day you still have bills, work, car issues and other things to remind you that life is hard and not going to change anytime soon.

Last edited:
There’s aliens out there. But they’ve never been here. If they were here we would all know. They wouldn’t survive the thousand year journey, but if they did, they wouldn’t come all the way here to just take a cow and then leave. Annnnd they wouldn’t know who “government officials are” and know to only show themselves to JUST those people - They would expose themselves to everybody.
I think it's a real possibility that they have probes here that are so fast and advanced that we can't access them and barely can get near them.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
It's so crazy under oath saying that this is pretty much all extraterrestrial.

I've not as much of a believer as I used to be. I'm definitely a skeptic. So, I do kind of keep an open mind but I don't know what to think of this former military intelligence officer. It's definitely the most amazing part where he says under oath that it's supposedly all real.

I just wish we would get some good solid evidence and the truth would come out. The thing is I don't think the truth will come out because of what will happen as a result. People would hang because of this.

I've not as much of a believer as I used to be. I'm definitely a skeptic. So, I do kind of keep an open mind but I don't know what to think of this former military intelligence officer. It's definitely the most amazing part where he says under oath that it's supposedly all real.

I just wish we would get some good solid evidence and the truth would come out. The thing is I don't think the truth will come out because of what will happen as a result. People would hang because of this.
It's gonna matter WHO those first hand witnesses are that David Grusch is talking about. If those people come forward and they are respectable people who aren't part of the UFO public crazy train....that will change things. Rumor is that could be coming so we will see.

It's good that it's all coming to a head.
There is just too much information now coming from too many people, and the Project doesn't have enough people in positions of power to stop it.
They are either going to have to read a shit ton of people in and try and get them to keel the secret, and risk getting blown out of the water.

The biggest thing keeping people wanting to keep the secret is if it comes out, after the Government has lied about it for so many years, the institution of the government will never recover. The outrage, the anger, the reprisals will be off the planet.....so to speak.

Crayon

I didn't realize till it was over that duder was also talking as straightforward as he did in interviews. He could have said the same thing "but different" with a bunch of vague terminology and outs once he was under oath but nope he went and outright said it.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Again -

Hmm... Source?

Kakax11

Banned
So many stories about them even in my region (middle east) and they sound the same always

at night, a saucer looking thing with super super bright lights, then it flies in a straight line ultra fast then ascends to the sky, all in 10 seconds and this always happens at night, i'm talking about stories from people who saw it in 1995 or something

sono

I think this is still proposed amendment not accepted yet ?
Here is an exec summary of the 2023 NDAA Agreement which has just been passed (nothing about UAP)
https://www.armed-services.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/fy23_ndaa_agreement_summary.pdf

Here is the proposed amendment which refers to UAPs

Do you have information that the proposed amendment has been accepted (that isnt X!)

MMaRsu

Banned
Until something can be proved and shown to the public it'll still be doubted. That's the true frustration. Being jerked around for such an important monumental thing is very frustrating.
This is just the beginning. It might take another few years, wouldn't surprise me.

Things are coming though, I have faith there

Anything important came out of this hearing? Was there any proof shown? Just wondering since the general population don't seem to care from what I seen
Yes

Last edited:

Halcyon

What makes me think it's all bologna is that if we had their technology and had any amount of success with it that we would see it. We used the atomic bomb immediately. Immediately. Why would this be different.

Let's have someone roll out the anti gravity stuff in the middle of Congress and have everyone fiddle around in a floating Cadillac. We need us a Men in Black type reveal. Otherwise its just people talking.

Doczu

Gold Member
2. Religion - I see a lot of people railing on religion but the reality is if the rumors that we were created by this alien species is true ( which has been suggested a lot by certain people) then that means we were created by a higher power and implies intelligent design. That is infinitely closer to many religions than what atheists believe which is we were created by nothing and just evolved over the years naturally without any intelligent design.
If a super advanced alien civilization created (made it habitable) Earth and life on it (including us) then how far away could they be from our concept of "God"?
They (it?) could have been in touch with us in our early days and then left us to make our own destiny.

Man, i never thought there might (MIGHT!) be some truth in the whole "ancient aliens" concept. There ain't enough crows in the world to eat for all the jokes and beliteling the people who believed in it.

ancient aliens GIF

MMaRsu

Banned
What makes me think it's all bologna is that if we had their technology and had any amount of success with it that we would see it. We used the atomic bomb immediately. Immediately. Why would this be different.
Why would we be able to have any amount of succes with it tho

MMaRsu

Banned
The biggest problem with stuff like this is people hear ‘unidentified flying object’ and think ‘aliens!’.
Why is that a problem and why is that illogical to go to as far as conclusions go?

Or do you think it's atlanteans from below the sea? (which I suppose is not impossible)

Doczu

Gold Member
The biggest problem with stuff like this is people hear ‘unidentified flying object’ and think ‘aliens!’.
It's alien/magic untill we understand it.

Either we are technologically more sophisticated than we as a society believe and our newest aircrafts can do stuff that are thought not possible and we are being kept in the dark about it for some stupid national security.

Or it's off world in origin. Both as reverse engineerd tech (see my previous point) or real aliens.

Every previous time technology has moved forward it was always military -> civilian use (and quite fast at that) but this time there is no "atomic bomb -> nuclear power" type of jump. Why?

FunkMiller

Why is that a problem and why is that illogical to go to as far as conclusions go?

Or do you think it's atlanteans from below the sea? (which I suppose is not impossible)

Unidentified means exactly that. Nothing more.

There are a whole slew of possible causes for a UFO that are far, far, FAR more likely than aliens crossing the vast, mind-boggling, incomprehensible reaches of space to kidnap a redneck from a farm in Iowa.

Feynman put it very well, many years ago. Here's Professor Brian Cox tweeting the excerpt:

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned

There are a whole slew of possible causes for a UFO that are far, far, FAR more likely than aliens crossing the vast, mind-boggling, incomprehensible reaches of space to kidnap a redneck from a farm in Iowa.

Feynman put it very well, many years ago. Here's Professor Brian Cox tweeting the excerpt:

Because it is unlikely, doesn't mean it's improbably.

Bending gravity, wormholes, FTL, many more options for an intelligent civilization to visit us.

That Feynman clip doesn't tell me anything Carl Sagan didn't tell me already.

Whats a more possible cause for multiple aviators having visual confirmation + radar detecting things that are impossible for humans to posess or pilot. Please, enlighten me.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
does anyone remember the author of the book that said roswell bodies recovered were actually full of wires and fibre optic components, which is ultimately concluding that at least was piloted by robots / AI's, as wel as the groundwork for our sudden advance in fibre optic technologies?

I remember reading it in the 90's but can't for the life of me remember what book it was.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member

I don't recall them bringing up redneck probing in this hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom