• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult Swim cuts all ties with Justin Roiland, Rick and Morty to be recast.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Because I think it sets a precedent for us mere plebs. That our shitposts could be legally used against us.

I don't give a shit about the guy.

Just don't post stuff under your real name then?

It's really not that hard lol

Krathoon

The could have something happen that alters their voices a little bit. They would be like, "Oh, we escaped without a scratch", but they suddenly sound a little different.

Then have other characters bring it up and they are like, "What?".

Last edited:

Toons

Legality has never been the standard for being fired. You can and will be fired over things that don't come close to breaking the law. Especially if you very publicly represent a company, brand, or artistic work.

It's been this way since forever.

Yea pretty much its "legal" to have a swastika tattooed on your neck but you're not going to get hired to the daycare with it on lol

Batiman

Banned
Because I think it sets a precedent for us mere plebs. That our shitposts could be legally used against us.

I don't give a shit about the guy.
Shitposts will be used against you at 99% of workplaces. Especially when representing a huge public company.

badblue

Bold of you to assume I'm projecting.
I wasn't assuming anything. I'm somewhat of a shitposter myself and I can't think of a single thing that could be used legally against me in any recent shitposts, so I was merely asking to keep myself out of trouble.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Genuinely asking, are those DM proved to be true and not faked?
I have yet to see anything that shows them to be fake. If they were fake and easily proven to be so I have a feeling he would have already addressed it by now.

Edit: Beaten.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Glad the domestic violence stuff apparently wasn’t true.
We have no way of knowing if it was/wasn't true. Not enough evidence to proceed with a conviction is not actually some sort of full redemption.

Either way, too much smoke came out for him to immediately get jobs back or anything. The DMs, how they correlate to him joking about fucking underaged girls.

Dude is rich as fuck and behaved like that, I just kind of don't get it. We all could lose our careers over that behavior if it got around, and when you are a public figure, what do you expect?

I personally don't care that much if he starts getting roles or anything; people do fucked up shit and it has no effect on my ability to enjoy their work. However, the things he does require working with other people, and apparently the guy already was uncomfortable to work with beforehand.. so good luck finding an employer.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
We have no way of knowing if it was/wasn't true. Not enough evidence to proceed with a conviction is not actually some sort of full redemption.
I didn’t say he was fully redeemed or anything of the sort. “Apparently wasn't true” about that specific thing isn’t like I’m saying he’s totally vindicated.

Either way, too much smoke came out for him to immediately get jobs back or anything. The DMs, how they correlate to him joking about fucking underaged girls.
I agree those DMs are creepy as fuck and I wouldn’t want to employ someone like that. At the very least, even if he was “joking,” it shows terrible judgment and would make me worry about what other kind of shit he was up to.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Season 7 trailer with the recast voice actors for Rick and Morty. They sound fine.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Sounds fine, maybe lacking the subtle aura of crippling alcoholism and degeneracy, but what can you do.
Yeah, I do agree that there's like a general sadness and cynicism in Roiland's delivery that seems to be missing here. But these are also just the trailer lines, so who knows. Also, it's just a fun cartoon, and I'm glad it didn't get cancelled.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I still need to finish Season 6, but this new one sounds fine. Is it still his work just without his voice?

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
The show has been trash since S3 anyway so literally nothing of value is lost.
Actually it hasn’t been trash, you just don’t like this format, most people who call this show “shit since S2 or S3” never liked it they just tolerated the first few seasons and no longer do, which is okay by the way, there are other properties that suffer the same issue like South Park, Family Guy, Borderlands games…etc

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Actually it hasn’t been trash, you just don’t like this format, most people who call this show “shit since S2 or S3” never liked it they just tolerated the first few seasons and no longer do, which is okay by the way, there are other properties that suffer the same issue like South Park, Family Guy, Borderlands games…etc
You must like fetish material then but okay. I was done once that gay soul bond dragon episode in S4 came about.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

I wouldn't call it trash, but the decline in quality has been very apparent, with season 4 being particularly poor. Season 5 was a small improvement but being honest I highly doubt they'll ever recapture the magic of the first couple of seasons.

The key problem is that what once was a pretty smart, sharply written show has devolved into a state where most episodes can be basically be summed up by high-concept SF gimmick + pop-culture references + lazy call-backs to past episodes.

And that's it. Its mostly dumb, superficial and at its core nonsensical. Any pretence of actual thematic or character development is long gone.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
You must like fetish material then but okay. I was done once that gay soul bond dragon episode in S4 came about.
Man I don’t get why that episode gets so much hate, I remember watching in bed with headphones and I fuckin lol’d so hard a couple times my wife told me to get out of bed because I woke her up. Granted, I was stoned

Lunarorbit

I rewatched most of season 6 the other day and it was a bummer. Not because of quality or Roland leaving but they've leaned so hard into nihilism that it can be sort of a drag watching it.

Community would lean into darkness but never like rick and morty. I feel like Rick and morty are just staring into their navel and seeing nothing but darkness

Paltheos

Ha. Yeah. Morty is almost identical, but Rick just doesn't quuiiiittteee have the edge like he used to.
Yeah, the Morty likeness is almost uncanny. If you put me on the spot I'd have a very tough time telling you what's different between them.
Rick not as much. There's a mean-spiritedness and unnerving enthusiasm that's missing from some of the lines. Some of his delivery is almost spot-on but others feel a mite too... sane? A couple examples include the clash with Amber, where the old Rick would have been much meaner, or the spaghetti announcement, which Justin would have been off-puttingly excited about.
Still on the whole much better than I was expecting.

They sound fine but I guess I underestimated how much I liked the early Roiland style of Rick and Morty that can't really be imitated. The real nutty stuff like what he does during the Interdimensional Cable episodes.

Top Bottom