• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Orth no longer with Microsoft

vg260

Seems a bit excessive, unless i missed something.

As always, the Internet goes overboard.

Considering the extreme amounts of money riding such on an incredibly high profile tech product and level of secrecy of MS's plans, this was a monumental and controllable gaffe.

MCD

RGyrLas.jpg

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Not really any sympathy for the man. He had a decent job and ruined it by being an absolute twat to customers on a public line. Maybe he'll learn not to do this again in his next job.

surly

Banned
Very very sad. He messed up, but I don't think he should've lost his job. People screw up, and I hate that some people will demand blood.

We live in such a shitty time when it comes to jobs and now he's marked probably for the rest of his career because he messed up. Sucks. I feel really bad for him.
Hopefully if someone here makes a foolish mistake that leads to them losing their job, they'll make a thread about it so we can all laugh in their face and mock them with JPGs. With matters so grave as the potential future of a video games console, this man deserves to be publicly crucified for weeks to come IMO.

'We haven't been able to confirm whether this was a voluntary or forced resignation.'

Kind of the same thing really.

Bummer he lost his job (supposedly) over something so stupid. A lot of people (including him of course) could stand to take a lesson from this.

antitrop

WTF did I miss? This thread is the first I've ever heard of this guy.

Apparently I missed the witch hunt... how disappointing.

L1NETT

Always online? More like always inline....at the job center.

I'll get my coat.

----

Seriously, sucks he lost his job. Hopes he finds another one soon, preferably not in the public eye.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He brought it upon himself, unfortunately.

Hopefully he lands on his feet in some behind the scenes job.

emb

If he had been really serious about the "why would I live there" comment, I'd be a little glad. Knowing that that part was just joking around though, it's sort of a shame. I still can't stand his opinion, but losing a job isn't fun. Sympathies for the dude.

Tamanon

Banned
WTF did I miss? This thread is the first I've ever heard of this guy.

Apparently I missed the witch hunt... how disappointing.

It's not really a witch hunt, per se.

More like a guy standing in the middle of Salem and yelling out that he's a witch.

ronito

While the dude acted unprofessionally about something in his industry and deserved to get fired for it I do think it would suck for him if the NextBox really was always online because he lost his job for telling the truth.

Top Bottom