• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Orth no longer with Microsoft

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
didn't realise how on the nose this would be when I made it:
Vj04Zwp.jpg

Oh well eh. Lessons harshly learned.

Definitely looks like a Sweet Billy.

Corto

Good luck to him and hope he falls on his feet. I'm sure he took something valuable from all this PR catastrophe.

Hsieh

I'm pretty sure this has less to do with him being a jerk on Twitter and more to do with him leaking company secrets on Twitter. The next XBox still hasn't been revealed yet and everything about is still supposed to be a company secret. I'm pretty sure Microsoft has a policy of not talking about speculation or rumors and he talked about it on Twitter as if the rumors were true essentially confirming them.

RPGCrazied

Probably was getting lots of hate mail. Though I thought they would have fired him, not just quit. Maybe he wanted to quit and wanted to cause all this drama before he does. *shrug*

xbhaskarx

Maybe he left because they wouldn't call him Sweet Billy? Or he found a job with a company that has a better internet connection?

PetrCobra

By his silly analogies which he publicly defended in a rather rude manner, he was hurting his employer. So I guess this was one way to resolve it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Goodnight Sweet Billy.

Can we give Shinobi his new honorary tag now? :)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
well this is the second time adam did this the first time was with sony...

Kraftwerk

Yup, this. It's crazy how many people ruin their careers over fucking Twitter.

Indeed. One of the main reason I will never have an online profile on twitter, Facebook and such. One wrong word and you are done. The worst part is that it will always remain online for any future employer to see. The only online profile I have with my real information is LinkedIn, and that I s only used for networking.

Mondriaan

I suspect that Microsoft encourages a true believer culture and his frustration with the rumors flying around probably caused him to snap.

You can't be turned on all the time, though. There are times when you need to know when to tune in and when to drop out.

Top Bottom