• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Blizzard Has New IP in Development; Talks About Remasters and New Content for Old IP.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

First of all, Chief Operating Officer Coddy Johnson explained that while the company is leaning into its strong existing IP, they have “New IP projects” across each of its business (which include Activision, Blizzard, and King). That being said they have a high bar for new ideas so not all of them make it through.

That high bar also means that it takes time for the games to be launched and that the publisher doesn’t talk about them too early. Jhonson also explained that given Activision’s track record, they feel pretty confident about their ability to execute on them over the future.

Activision Publishing President Rob Kostich talked about remasters and mentioned that this kind of initiative has brought great results over the last couple of years, with Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy selling over ten million copies. Another important element is that those remasters reaffirmed the enduring nature of the franchise.

About remasters specifically, he encouraged to stay tuned for some future announcements, and even mentioned the possibility of new content based on those IP beyond pure remasters.
“When you look at our IP library, we think there’s a lot of IP there that the fans are going to want to experience again, so on that I say “stay tuned for some future announcements” but beyond just pure remasters, there are also a lot of opportunities now to innovateand think about new content for these IP. So as we think about it, there’s a lot of growth opportunities within our businesses over time in Activision based on our library of IP.”

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
But is it an Activision or Blizzard game? One I care more about than the other.

ethomaz

Banned
They lose Destiny so they needs something else to made up the big revenue hole.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Very telling that the only Bliz games that are looking good are remakes of 15+ year old games.

Well, we really don't know what blizzard are planning besides there's a new wow expansion every second year.

But yeah. The people behind the good old Blizzard games aren't the ones that makes the new ones. The new ones lacks depth and good gameplay. Even classic wow is better than retail

yuadesa

The people behind the good old Blizzard games aren't the ones that makes the new ones. The new ones lacks depth and good gameplay. Even classic wow is better than retail

That's the point - people seem more interested in remakes rather than anything new they have planned. We know they are making a new Diablo, but how many people would rather have a remake / remaster of D2 instead? The OG blizzard is long gone, which is a pity.

Top Bottom