• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Spanish Studio has received Switch 2 Development Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuzu

If it’s legit, I like the look of the redesigned joycon grips and what looks to be a traditional dpad

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
oh-sure-john-candy.gif

StueyDuck

Isn't El analista de bits or whatever it's called known shit posters?

I remember there being some sort of console warrior controversy with them

I have no doubts studios have dev kits for something globally but this smells like clout chasing (like pretty much all gaming Twitter)

Pejo

About damn time! Let's go! I hope those rumors of "more or less a PS4" is true, or that it's even better than that.

JimboJones

If it’s legit, I like the look of the redesigned joycon grips and what looks to be a traditional dpad

Nintendo would never design them like that unless they are making an official pro joycon. These will never work as standard joycon as separate the joy con have to operate as standalone controllers.
Although they could ditch that concept entirely but I doubt it.

hbello82

Neo Member
This account was the one that correctly leaked Metroid Dread by the way, so it does have some credibility. One can hope and I imagine the Studio involved is Mercurysteam.

Tams

this is fake and he even said so...how is this news? of course all gaming journalists pick this up now..what a joke nobody is even checking sources anymore

HEY GUYS MY UNCLE GOT PS8 DEV KIT

Gaming 'journalism' is an absolute joke.

yurinka

I'm Spanish and it's the first time I see this Twitter account. I don't remember any leak mentioning this account, so I wouldn't give it any credibility. Pretty likely just a joke as mentioned above.

But well, having said so Mercury Steam -a studio from Spain- just released the best selling Metroid game ever (they also developed the best selling Castlevania game ever) so it's fair to assume Nintendo may have asked them another game, and if Switch 2 is planned to be released next year it's fair to assume they already have a prototype kit.

It's also worth mentioning that in Spain there's also studios from Ubisoft, Gameloft, IOI, Infinity Ward, Smilegate, THQ Nordic, Paradox, Mediatonic plus many cool indie/AA teams who work for people like Tencent (Novarama), Epic (Fall Guys), Riot (Tequila) or Devolver (Gris/Neva, Red Strings Club / The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood) to name a few.

So it's pretty likely that if Nintendo already sent devkits to 3rd parties or 2nd parties (something that it's reasonable), there should be several of them in Spain.

Isn't El analista de bits or whatever it's called known shit posters?
This "El analista de leaks" (the leaks analyst) account isn't related to the "El analista de bits" (the bits analyst) account.

El analista de bits is that other one from a guy who makes DF like comparision tech analysis videos, isn't related to leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom