• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

a real bigot sandwich

Hunnybun

That whole exchange with the sandwich was so cringe-worthy I almost stopped playing right then and there. Guy does something nice and tries to apologize for stupid things he said while drunk but in true sjw fashion he's is not forgiven and called a bigot instead.

Maybe the game was trying to tell us that Ellie is a fanatical and unforgiving little shithead, to fit in with its general anti-revenge message?

SLB1904

Banned
Never played the game, and the video doesn't make it any clearer. What did I miss here?
confused jeff bridges GIF
Basically
"Hey Little lady why are you geh?"

Boss Mog

I wasn't referring to the game. I made the perfectly clear.

I was talking about how you're saying, "they're just words". I told you it's unrealistic/unbelievable that someone will hold no resentment after agreeing to accept someone's apology.

You referenced real-world interactions with people. It's like you don't remember what you're saying.

I don't care if people don't like the game. That's not my issue.

My issue is misinformation and constant complaining. The game flopped? The game is selling poorly? There's evidence to suggest otherwise. A year later and people are still in threads complaining about the same thing? Move on. I feel the same way towards people who spread misinformation about the PlayStation and that doesn't mean I care that they prefer other consoles, I just don't respect people who go out of their way to hate something that they don't like by spreading lies.

But that's not what this discussion is about.

I think it's unbelievable that someone will hold no resentment towards anyone just because someone apologized to them. This in fact over words, not physical harm (though words can cause people emotional pain, which in turn becomes physical).

We can agree to disagree.. I just believe there are words that can be said that can bother people well after someone apologizess to them.
Again I was talking about the game and its single verbal outburst and how I would react if somebody directed such and outburst at me and then apologized. You have somehow twisted it about long term verbal abuse and me inflicting it on others which makes you sound delusional.

I never said the game flopped or sold poorly. I may have said that a good chunk of sales were pre-orders or launch window sales because people weren't yet aware of the story, sales data before the game got heavily discounted certainly suggested as much. I remember saying that Ghost of Tsushima was constantly sold out or close to it in all stores near me while TLOU2 was plentiful everywhere, sorry if that offends you but it was a reality. I remember calling out MTV for giving TLOU2 GOTY in September when Cyberpunk 2077 had yet to release (obviously this was at a time when we didn't know that game would launch in such a terrible state). That's about all i remember talking about TLOU2 except maybe a few jabs at Abby's unrealistic physique, but half of gaf, if not more, were making the same jabs.

Some people are more offended by actions rather than words and I fall into that group. If you can't understand that then I guess we should just agree to disagree as you said.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Again I was talking about the game and its single verbal outburst and how I would react if somebody directed such and outburst at me and then apologized. You have somehow twisted it about long term verbal abuse and me inflicting it on others which makes you sound delusional.

You're not even paying attention.

So you will forgive someone hours after a heated exchange?

That's not believable at all. lol

Yes, I will forgive all words, because they're just words. The problem with certain people is that they want to sentence you to death if you say words they don't like or agree with but at the same time they think looters, rapists, murders, pedos, etc... should go free. If a person thinks words do more damage than heinous crimes then they have no moral compass and are therefor evil as far as I'm concerned.

My question has nothing to do with The Last of Us.

I basically didn't believe your claim that they're just words. I then used the verbally abusive example to show you that words aren't "just words".

There's no twisting going on, just your inability to understand what's going on.

I never said the game flopped or sold poorly.

I never said you did.

You accused me of going after people who don't like the game. I said I only reply to those who spread misinformation or people who just fail to move on. Our last conversation about sales is me correcting you on how NPD works in TLOU thread. That's it.

This is another conversation that I have to end. I can't waste my time pointing out the fact that you're not paying attention.

AJUMP23

No, but I have steady hands and extremely sharp Japanese steel

*lowers jingasa*

*cheery blossom petals ride past along the wind*
I would never feel I could slice it thin enough. I wonder if I could force steak over a Mandolin slicer.

Top Bottom