• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A modern Obsidian Fallout New Vegas would be utter shit: The Moden Obsidian Dilemma

Gojiira

Agreed, why i always felt MS acquiring Obsidian was nowhere near as big a deal as people made out since all the talent left lol
The outer Worlds was just shit, BUT they honestly would still make a better fallout than Bethesda, why? Because Bethesda just can't write for shit, everything is black and white, good vs evil, there is so little nuance or depth to any of their games post Morrowind despite what delusional fanboys claim and the retcons...Ffs keep your dumb fan fiction to yourself bethesda and leave Fallout lore alone

I played three modern Obsidian games: South Park: The Stick of Truth, Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity.

South Park by far the best, very good use of the South Park IP.

Pillars of Eternity had an unbearable story, unbelievable to me how much boring and low quality writing there was in the game, to the point that I'm very skeptical if they even understand the appeal of RPGs in general.

Tyranny was ok but I ended up dropping it anyway, nothing special.

Last edited:
Agreed, why i always felt MS acquiring Obsidian was nowhere near as big a deal as people made out since all the talent left lol
The outer Worlds was just shit, BUT they honestly would still make a better fallout than Bethesda, why? Because Bethesda just can't write for shit, everything is black and white, good vs evil, there is so little nuance or depth to any of their games post Morrowind despite what delusional fanboys claim and the retcons...Ffs keep your dumb fan fiction to yourself bethesda and leave Fallout lore alone
eAUo440.gif

Top Bottom