• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Gamer Drank 12 Energy Drinks In 10 Minutes. This Is What Happened To His Organs

bender

What time is it?
I'm usually fine with terrible threads but using Audrey Hepburn in a terrible post? Reported.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
A gamer recently injected 10 needles of gamer heroine in 10 minutes. You'll be SHOCKED at the result.
uTAOxpy.jpg

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
A gamer recently drank 12 belgium beest AND made beef rendang whole dying online in Halo

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
One of the many reasons I don't drink sugary soda and why I have had an "energy drink" since I was 18.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
One of the many reasons I don't drink sugary soda and why I have had an "energy drink" since I was 18.

My sugar intake is almost non existent. When I do eat or drink very sugary stuff I get faint after a while.. something regarding blood sugar levels or something.. pretty bizarre..

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
My sugar intake is almost non existent. When I do eat or drink very sugary stuff I get faint after a while.. something regarding blood sugar levels or something.. pretty bizarre..
Yeah the only sugar I get is from the occasional dessert or if it is something that already has some small amounts of sugar. Like some kind of beef jerky for example.

I don't even put sugar in my coffee.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah the only sugar I get is from the occasional dessert or if it is something that already has some small amounts of sugar. Like some kind of beef jerky for example.

I don't even put sugar in my coffee.

Yeah. The small amounts that are present in pre made foods don't bother me as far as I know. Last Thursday I bought pie for my mom and me because she was visiting. Like this:

z32mSvs.png

And afterwards during a bike ride I felt faint and hungry and such. Always get that after having sugary stuff. Just not used to it after being on keto for a long long while (in and off strictly)

Such a bizarre drug

Even a normal sugary coke gives me that side effect. At this point I make sure not to injest such stuff before going out.. imagine that =/

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You should stay from energy drinks. One of good buddies works at one of the companies that makes them. Even he told me dont drink them. He'd advise if I really want something carbonated, drink those 0 calorie sparkling waters that pop up everywhere now. Avoid the other shit like regular pop, diet pop and energy drinks.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You should stay from energy drinks. One of good buddies works at one of the companies that makes them. Even he told me dont drink them. He'd advise if I really want something carbonated, drink those 0 calorie sparkling waters that pop up everywhere now. Avoid the other shit like regular pop, diet pop and energy drinks.

Goes without saying I feel. Quite the world when it takes an insider to press the issue lol.

N30RYU

Totally a gaming discussion thread... if that asshole wasn't a gamer he won't even had a thread outside of the gaming section.

Last edited:

Kilau

That’s all I drink.

FWaTOKh.jpg

Last edited:
Even one energy drink per day is far too much, especially if you're a coffee drinker. 12 in 10 minutes is simply being an idiot.

Just consume in moderation and you'll be fine. Eat a balanced diet, get your (healthy) carbs [veggies, fruit, whole grains], proteins and fats in, get more of them if your into fitness or regularly going to the gym (1g of protein per pound of bodyweight for example). Be into fitness and regularly go to the gym. Eat a pizza or a hamburger once a week, and not ever day. Drink a couple of beers or whatever alcoholic beverage [in moderation] you want once a week, and not ever day. Drink a couple of energy drinks per week. Diet pop is awesome and better than regular pop. You can drink a couple of cans of that per day and be fine. If you wanna stay lean and not gain weight, then eat at maintenance or slightly above. Say you need 2500 calories per day. Well, eat around that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Drinking 12 of any drink in 10 minutes is dumb enough. A typical energy can is 250ml I think. So he downed 3 litres in 10 minutes. Thats 6 bottles of water (500ml) or 8-9 cans of pop (355ml).

I dont think I can drink 3 litres of anything even on the hottest day in that time.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
YT throws money around and the narcissist, neglected etc. as a big whole family of modern day strippers perform self degrading things strictly for 12 minutes to saturate their performance with ads. Respect for the few who can maintain their dignity.

Not every energy drink packs the same substances.

And???? Were you supposed to be making a point?

The sugar content alone in energy drinks is bad enough.

Energy drinks don't have suger either if you go for the suger free variety.
And I see people jizzing those flavoured syrups into their coffee like there going out of fashion.

Are you seriously trying to construct a contrived argument that energy drinks aren't worse for you than coffee?

Even if you drank 12 cans of sugar-free energy drink in 10 mins, I'm pretty sure the sheer quantity of those nasty artificial sweeteners like aspartame, K-acesulfame and sucralose would become toxic to your body.

Von Hugh

Are you seriously trying to construct a contrived argument that energy drinks aren't worse for you than coffee?

Even if you drank 12 cans of sugar-free energy drink in 10 mins, I'm pretty sure the sheer quantity of those nasty artificial sweeteners like aspartame, K-acesulfame and sucralose would become toxic to your body.

12 cans with aspartame still goes under acceptable daily intake, for example.

Loope

Coffee isn’t packed full of sugar and a crap tonne of other shit like taurine and Ginseng extract.

He would have probably suffered some caffiene toxicity poisoning from 12 cups of coffee but not pancreas failure.
I didn't watch the video, he had pancreas failure?

Oh you dumbshit, that shit can kill you in days. No idea this kind of drinks could cause that ammount of damage, i had an acute pancreatitis but it was due to alcohol and spicy food, more the alcohol really.

lachesis

I saw this coming up on the Yahoo homepage, and thought it was one of those "Stop eating this one thing and belly fat all gone in 2 weeks" type of ad.. :)
Why would anyone drink that much of energy drink in 10 min...

I sometimes do drink energy drinks once in a while maybe a few times a year - (non sugar variant... pretty sure it's just as bad though) when I'm too burnt but have no choice at work to help me concentrate.
I should really take a break - but sometimes the workload and urgency doesn't allow me take much breaks at all. :(
I do appreciate that I get much peppier after drinking it - but I don't enjoy the crash after a few hours.

I do drink copious amount of coffee (about 3 shots espresso almost every morning) ...at least I do control my own sugar level. (around 2 tea spoon)

JimboJones

Where is the evidence to suggest it is worse? I'm not arguing energy drinks are a health drink but neither is coffee, on the whole energy drinks are about as dangerous as coffee (as in not very)

Also please stop with the artificial sweetener scare mongering.

I used to knock back several Redbull's a day when I was in my 20s, never even felt anything from it. Nowadays a strong coffee messes me up for an hour or so. Time is a cruel mistress.

I didn't watch the video, he had pancreas failure?

Oh you dumbshit, that shit can kill you in days. No idea this kind of drinks could cause that ammount of damage, i had an acute pancreatitis but it was due to alcohol and spicy food, more the alcohol really.

Yes. He had precisely acute pancreatitis, brought on by his stupidity.

Where is the evidence to suggest it is worse? I'm not arguing energy drinks are a health drink but neither is coffee, on the whole energy drinks are about as dangerous as coffee (as in not very)

Also please stop with the artificial sweetener scare mongering.

It's objectively worse.

Energy drinks have:
  • objectively more sugar content than the average cup of coffee
  • objectively higher caffeine content (sometimes 2-3x the amount in coffee)
  • and are often consumed in larger volumes, e.g. a can of Monster or Rockstar is large in volume than the average cup of coffee.
All that's not including the other shit they put in energy drinks.

The only potentially hazardous component in coffee is caffeine and the sugar that you independently select how much you add.

Also, I'm not artificial sweetener scaremongering. How is it scaremongering, to state the obvious that consuming large quantities of any non-natural, synthetic chemicals is clearly not good for you? It's just common sense.

Heck, you can die from drinking far too much water in a single go. So too much of anything is a bad thing. I never implied artificial sweeteners are unsafe when consumed in reasonable quantities (although much of the research to prove they are in the long-term still has gaps).

Never liked energy drinks due to the taste, can't imagine chugging 12, I think I have consumed less than 2 cans all my life.
I shall stick with coffee for my caffeine needs.

ethomaz

Banned
I can’t drink even one lol

The only time I drunk a bit to taste it (it was like less than half a glass) I heard my heartbeat when I tried to sleep… never drunk that again.

To something accelerate your heartbeat to the point to you hear it… I can’t think it is a good thing.

Ohhh I forget to say… the taste is not good too.

Last edited:

SantaC

Are you dense? Some energy drinks are just vitamin drinks with no sugar nor caffein or taurin. There are so many different drinks on the market that you just cant apply a broad brush approach.

It is like when people talk like Europe is a single country.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Lol. Man I only grew up with rootbeer, coke, pepsi, sprite, 7up, and dr pepper. Then they came out with a few diet versions. I guess some other obscure ones fell through the cracks (orange crush, cream soda, grape flavored shit). I'm too boomer to know what all these drinks are now. I barely drank soda back then. They look ridiculous though 😄

Are you dense? Some energy drinks are just vitamin drinks with no sugar nor caffein or taurin. There are so many different drinks on the market that you just cant apply a broad brush approach.

It is like when people talk like Europe is a single country.

No are you dense?

When I'm talking in broad terms about energy drinks with high sugar and caffeine content... you know... like the ones the dude in the OP OD'd on, it should be ostensibly clear that I'm only talking about the varieties of energy drinks with high sugar and caffeine content.

That there exist energy drinks with no sugar or caffeine content is frankly irrelevant to the discussion, the thread and I'm pretty baffled why you're choosing that as a bizarre hill to die on.

I mean... WTF?!

junguler

Banned
i never got into drinking anything other than water, no soda, tea, coffee, energy drinks or anything else, nothing whatsoever. never got the point caffeine at all, if you are tired just lay down or go to sleep and you feel better when you wake up.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I'd be more impressed to see him down a salad another thing he probably never has done before should be just as challenging

Tschumi

YOU, mate, Chubby EmYOU not Emoo jeez
I once drank a small can of redbull every morning for 5 days and I couldn't sleep for the weekend.. buildup

Last edited:
Top Bottom